Started on: 04-12-2017 09:29 PM
Replies: 11 (364 views)
Last post by: lateFormula on 04-17-2017 09:56 AM
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2017 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few years ago I got lazy about cleaning and polishing and sprayed matt clearcoat on my GT.

I now am going back to shiny black. So the car is now triple black. No grays left inside or out.

The question is the wheels. I have silver Subaru wheels and I am considering another color. But the question is this.

With the engine Ford blue, and the rest of the car triple black, what is the best color for the wheels?

Any suggestion welcome

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
AstroBDean

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2017 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AstroBDeanSend a Private Message to AstroBDeanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Silver or brushed aluminum. Just my opinion. There are very few colors I like with "contrasting" wheels. I normally always prefer silver. Why not get some PlastiCote and test to see what you like?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't consider engine color when choosing a wheel color.
But then again I have never had a wheel color outside of metal/silver, or black.
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm trying to decide to stay with silver or go to shiny black. I'm not one for yellow or red. the car will be showed at the Fleetwood Country Cruise in this year and I am trying for a nice presentation

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics?

Black would for sure stand out more and get more attention.

Would look even better if you had tinted windows.

But then there are people who just don't like black cars, ( I don't understand those people) ...(unless they mean they don't like trying to keep one clean)

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-13-2017).]

pmbrunelle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2017 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think gold would be a nice contrast with the black, and with the blue as well, in case the hood is open. So gold would be my choice.

But between silver and black, I would opt for the silver wheels. Black wheels on a black body would be too much black, I think.
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2017 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hadn't thought of gold. I need to think about that for a while
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2017 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm biased, but black centers with brushed aluminum hoops. Silver center caps.

Bob
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2017 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like those too, but my Subaru mags just don't work for the scheme
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2017 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Post a picture of your car with the Subaru wheels, you should get stronger opinions. Typically for me, triple black cars benefit nicely with chrome wheels (and I actually don't like chrome, it just works in this combo). Do you have painted calipers? In the end, my blue (not factory blue) 87 GT may get the triple black treatment with the stock lace wheels painted black as well. The aluminum trim of the wheel and silver factory center cap, along with raised white letter Mastercraft avenger GT tires, will help complete the appearance for me. In the meantime, try plasti-dip on the rims for help deciding a color. If you don't like the attempt, it peels right off

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2017 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or photoshop
PFF
System Bot
lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2017 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Black chrome. Google pictures of black chrome. When it is is done well it is stunning. But this would be a costly upgrade. If you live in an area where there are any good shops that do powder coating, I have seen a black chrome powder coating which looked very good. Would cost less than real black chrome plating, but would still be pricey.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock