Archie #8 choptop for sale by Steepdiver
Started on: 03-23-2017 03:01 PM
Replies: 16 (1059 views)
Last post by: Old Lar on 04-26-2017 08:46 AM
Steepdiver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteepdiverSend a Private Message to SteepdiverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saw an add in my area for what is listed as Archies #8 choptop. Thought i would pass the imfo along as I know there is always someone looking for a chopper.

Here is the add link.

https://bellingham.craigslist.org/

Hope it helps someone.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the link to the car, not the Craigslist home page.

https://bellingham.craigsli.../cto/6056166380.html
It seems like a decent enough car.....not sure on the price, but compared to the $22K stock '88 GT next to it, it's a bargain. I would ask what are you guys smoking up there, but I know it's the same stuff we're smoking in Colorado too so it's a moot point.

[This message has been edited by mrfiero (edited 03-23-2017).]

busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice car but way overpriced imho
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2017 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We all know it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay, but based one the work performed I would ask the same. The crate LT-1 and Chop alone is cost $12-$15K.

Fieros struggle to appreciate because every time a nice one shows up for sale the majority of the Fiero community claim it's over priced.
Steepdiver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2017 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteepdiverSend a Private Message to SteepdiverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting the correct link. Sorry for messimg that up.

As for price i havent seen the car but given the work done and if its what so.eone is looking for who knows.
pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2017 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If he gets his price it would be a pretty good profit

http://hooniverse.com/2012/...fiero-with-v8-power/
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2017 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pcgold:

If he gets his price it would be a pretty good profit

For Sale: Chopped Pontiac Fiero with V8 power

Excuse me... but that ad is almost five years old. You don't know how many times the car may have changed hands during that period, and you have no idea what's been done to the car or how much money has been spent by the current owner.

I've driven this Fiero. I know the owner. He's spent a lot of money on this car... and has put very few miles on it.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-24-2017).]

pcgold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2017 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Excuse me... but that ad is almost five years old. You don't know how many times it may have changed hands during that period, and you have no idea what's been done to the car or how much money has been spent by the current owner.

I've driven this car. I know the owner. He's spent a lot of money on this car... and rarely driven it.

Fair enough. All good and valid points. I made some assumptions.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2017 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pcgold:

All good and valid points. I made some assumptions.

No problem. I just wanted to set the record straight. It won't surprise me if Charles ends up losing money on this car.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No problem. I just wanted to set the record straight. It won't surprise me if Charles ends up losing money on this car.

Exactly the point I was making. Cars, especially Fieros, make lousy investments. If I was to list my car for anything less than $40,000 I would lose money, but I know it's never going to be worth that much, so I guess I would rather keep it forever.
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2017 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You could get more for your money buying this one instead. https://chicago.craigslist..../cto/6059779871.html
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2017 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zmcdonal:

You could get more for your money buying this one instead. https://chicago.craigslist..../cto/6059779871.html

That is Choptop #13. It's changed hands a few times as well. No telling what the owner has in it. It went to Archie's shop twice, once for the chop and again for the widebody.
PK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#13 looks incredible!!
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 'rare black dash' adds to the value....
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I miss that car. That belonged to my buddy here in Milwaukee and that's the car that got me into Fieros. That was my first Fiero paint job and that was how I met Archie. I'm surprised to hear that the engine was replaced. That was one special car and it looks like it still is.

Mark the paint guy
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Auto modification becomes much more pleasant when you think of it as an expense to have fun. Same category as restaurant/drinks/vacation; money consumed and forever gone.

I just bought a Fiero last autumn for 2k; engine/trans rebuild is going to kiss the 10k mark by the time it runs this summer. At that point, I could theoretically sell the car for 3k, but I bought the car to keep it.

Personally, I would rather buy a stock 88 GT for 22k.

The thing about modified cars is that you need to find the right buyer who exactly likes what you've done with it. For the right buyer, this choptop could be an excellent deal.

Stock unmolested Fieros have a universal appeal... within the small group of people who like Fieros!
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2017 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://imagizer.imageshack..../822/imsaposter2.jpg

I have had this Archie IMSA for many years, but don't drive it much. Maybe 2000 mile in the 12 years I've had it. I'm getting too old for running a high performance Fiero. The car is scary fast and loud. Just finished adding some SS brake lines in the front and bled the brakes this past weekend.

Fiero owners are cheap and are not willing to part with $$ for a Fiero.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock