Current Pricing by hcforde
Started on: 03-21-2017 09:31 AM
Replies: 7 (321 views)
Last post by: ltlfrari on 03-22-2017 07:27 AM
hcforde

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hcfordeSend a Private Message to hcfordeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has the value of a Fiero gone generally up or down in the last 3 years, or stayed flat? While I know anything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, what is the general consensus.

I have been looking at this and wondering if it is still valid?

http://paulvargyas.com/Price%20Guide.htm

------------------
1988 GT, Automatic, running - bought in Illinois and drove to Austin
1986 SE, 4 cyl, 5 speed running - Bought in California and drove to Austin
1988 GT, T-Top - non running - "Trailered" back from California going to be restored (in storage)
1986 GT, highly modified engine/exhaust, but slave/clutch issue - Trailered back from Las Cruces, NM Chop-top candidate (in storage)
1986 SE, bought locally, Automatic won't shift into gear - Chop-top candidate (in storage)
6-11-2014 acquisition - 1987 GT Tangerine/Silver

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spektrum-87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Spektrum-87GTSend a Private Message to Spektrum-87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just researched the absolute crap out of this recently, and here's what I found:

There are a lot less available Fieros in good(or better) condition.

There are a LOT less interested buyers. I think this is due to the increasing rarity of parts like the GT taillights. Nobody wants to pay $1000 for some plastic lens covers.

So, basically, it's hard to both buy and sell them.

Current prices seem to be:
Poor to fair condition is very low.
Average condition is low.
Good condition and high mileage is low.
Great condition AND low mileage is very high.

I think the last group mentioned is having some sellers thinking their 87 GT with 187k miles is worth over 6k, but they're not selling.

[This message has been edited by Spektrum-87GT (edited 03-21-2017).]

hcforde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hcfordeSend a Private Message to hcfordeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks,

They are "not selling" meaning people are keeping them or people can not find someone to purchase at that price?

Seems like you are saying true collectors items are selling but everything else is going for a lowball price!

I am considering selling my 'stable' of horses because I am moving 70 miles from my current location(to a farm) and wondering if I should keep them or sell them. I will have the land but no time possibly to work on them now.

------------------
1988 GT, 6Cyl Automatic, running - bought in Illinois and drove to Austin
1988 GT, T-Top - non running - "Trailered" back from California going to be restored (in storage)
1986 GT, highly modified engine/exhaust, Clutch slave cylinder issue - Trailered back from Las Cruces, NM Chop-top candidate (in storage)
1986 SE, bought locally, Automatic won't shift into gear - Chop-top candidate
1987 GT Tangerine/Silver -
1986 roller with automatic transmission

liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Location may also be a factor, and of course the model and year of the car. I bought my Formula 6 years ago for $1300 with 57k miles. Needed a slave cylinder and brakes, so it wasn't perfect, aesthetically the condition was very good. I haven't seen any formulas selling for under $2500 lately even in just decent condition (Not that that is a good price or anything, but its higher than when I bough mine). So I figured prices were not dropping for cars that run. Non running Fieros seem to go for very low though.

Originally posted by hcforde:

I am considering selling my 'stable' of horses because I am moving 70 miles from my current location(to a farm) and wondering if I should keep them or sell them. I will have the land but no time possibly to work on them now.

Maybe just thin the stable? If you won't have much time just sell the ones that you think are least likely to get worked on. No need to sell all of them. From your signature it looks like about half are running and drivable, so those shouldn't require as much time as some of the others like potential chop top projects and whatnot.

[This message has been edited by liv4God (edited 03-21-2017).]

hcforde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hcfordeSend a Private Message to hcfordeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by liv4God:

Location may also be a factor, and of course the model and year of the car. I bought my Formula 6 years ago for $1300 with 57k miles. Needed a slave cylinder and brakes, so it wasn't perfect, aesthetically the condition was very good. I haven't seen any formulas selling for under $2500 lately even in just decent condition (Not that that is a good price or anything, but its higher than when I bough mine). So I figured prices were not dropping for cars that run. Non running Fieros seem to go for very low though.

Maybe just thin the stable? If you won't have much time just sell the ones that you think are least likely to get worked on. No need to sell all of them. From your signature it looks like about half are running and drivable, so those shouldn't require as much time as some of the others like potential chop top projects and whatnot.

Yes, thin the herd along with that I have a HUGE, HUGE area of parts, panels and a 6CYL engine and trans. Also 10 wheels.

I have a minor grounding issue on the 88 GT and on the 86 SE a clutch slave froze up on me from non-use. Both minor things from just sitting. I will hate to get rid of the T-Top because they are so rare. Everything else can go. The Chop-Top dreams are a lot of work I can probably pass on.

I live in Austin maybe I should contact the group here and see if they want to do a huge buy.

------------------
1988 GT, 6Cyl Automatic, running - bought in Illinois and drove to Austin
1986 GT, highly modified engine/exhaust, Clutch slave cylinder issue - Trailered back from Las Cruces, NM Chop-top candidate (in storage)
1986 SE, bought locally, Automatic won't shift into gear - Chop-top candidate
1987 GT Tangerine/Silver -
1986 roller with automatic transmission

Spektrum-87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spektrum-87GTSend a Private Message to Spektrum-87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hcforde:

Thanks,

They are "not selling" meaning people are keeping them or people can not find someone to purchase at that price?

Seems like you are saying true collectors items are selling but everything else is going for a lowball price!

They're not selling because most are owned outright and the sellers "don't have to sell", so they wait for a sucker. Problem is, very few Fiero buyers are suckers, so they just sit.

The true collectors models and Fieros that don't need much/any work will sell easily.

hcforde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2017 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hcfordeSend a Private Message to hcfordeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spektrum-87GT:

They're not selling because most are owned outright and the sellers "don't have to sell", so they wait for a sucker. Problem is, very few Fiero buyers are suckers, so they just sit.

The true collectors models and Fieros that don't need much/any work will sell easily.

Yeah, I have see some nice ones on ebay sell for a nice price. I don't know about the sucker part though. Seems like the money someone puts into the higher end cars one never gets out of them. If I could sell mine and buy a chop-top I would probably do that. The work that goes into one is crazy especially for a novice.

I see you are in Grand Rapids. I am originally from Kalamazoo. Went to WMU and then down here for grad school.........and stayed because of the weather.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2017 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prices around here seem to be trending upwards although that does not mean they will sell. I often see ads for non running cars for $1500. From personal experience (not of a Fiero), no one wants a non running car unless you are giving it away almost.
Then there's the 'stupid price' cars, low miles 88 for 26k! Was 28, didnt sell. won't sell at 26k either because it's still a 30 year old car with 30 year old car problems (tired rubber mainly!)
As much as a I love my Fiero, if I had to pay north of 3k for a Fiero, I'd pay the extra and be looking at something else.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock