Nevada S.B 152 proposed change to law on Classic Plates by darbysan
Started on: 03-13-2017 04:12 PM
Replies: 4 (329 views)
Last post by: sardonyx247 on 03-15-2017 12:02 AM
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2017 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those of us who live in Nevada:

There is a proposed bill on the Senate agenda, S.B 152, that will require owners with Classic Vehicle or Classic Rod plates to obtain, at a cost, a yearly mileage verification ( likely at a smog station) to prove less than 5000 miles driven. In addition, the bill requires the owners to have Classic Car insurance.

While we know that many are abusing this law, this solution only punishes the lawful. Abusers will simply unplug their speedometers. The insurance issue is far worse. I was unable to get collector car insurance because my "collection" was not of high enough value. There are other insurances available, of course, but more restrictive.

We all know that the "gardeners" running around with classic plates are not going to comply. We need to push back on our elected representatives on this bill.

------------------
'87 GT , '00 3800 Series II SC, 4t65e, Vue Power Steering.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2017 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The legal Gun owners feel your pain.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2017 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How can they require you have classic insurance? That's odd.
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2017 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I only have an issue with the classic car insurance part of it, I understand the verification of the mileage, actually surprised they weren't enforcing it in the first place. Although I've had Classic Rod Plates on my car the past three years and haven't even came close to the 5000 miles total let alone in a year. However enforcing the classic car insurance only sales us out to the insurance companies. If I don't want to carry Classic Car insurance and I get in an accident I'm the only one out money, standard insurance is going to cover The Public Good just as well as Classic Car Insurance.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2017 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Classic Car Insurance is kinda weird but I see that some classic cars are worth high $$$$$$ The 5000 mile was increased from 2500 a few years ago.
I was really surprised that they DON"T check.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock