1986 SE Option Question by BabyEating Dingo
Started on: 03-12-2017 07:43 AM
Replies: 8 (182 views)
Last post by: BabyEating Dingo on 03-12-2017 04:37 PM
BabyEating Dingo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2017 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyEating DingoSend a Private Message to BabyEating DingoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quick question for yall.

I picked this up recently and despite my best efforts, I haven't been able to find any pictures of other Fieros with these "Fiero SE" side moldings. Were they some oddball factory option, or were they custom by the car's previous owner? I can't imagine they were custom since everything else on this one is factory stock, but anything's possible.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

If you're curious, here are the option codes:

[This message has been edited by BabyEating Dingo (edited 03-12-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2017 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Kevin87FieroGT (edited 03-12-2017).]

Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2017 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kevin87FieroGT

1202 posts
Member since Nov 2010
Aftermarket
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2017 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aftermarket, as previously stated.
Is it done with paint, vinyl or decal?
BabyEating Dingo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2017 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyEating DingoSend a Private Message to BabyEating DingoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paint. The red and white stripes at the top and bottom (which you can't see very well because of the picture quality, sry) are vinyl I believe. The original owner kept meticulous records and I don't see anything about custom sides, so I'm betting it was some dealer swag.

On a somewhat related note, how common are these?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2017 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a set with my 86 SE. .I bought it in '99 from the second owner with 30,009 miles. I find them on a somewhat regular basis in cars in the wrecking yards.
BabyEating Dingo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2017 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyEating DingoSend a Private Message to BabyEating DingoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome. Thank you for the info, olejoedad! I'm loving my new SE and trying to find out more about it, thanks for the help.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2017 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Build quality in the 86 model year was very high. Pontiac had not yet started to cut corners to reduce costs, at least as drastically as in later years.
The aero notchback is my personal favorite for styling (Formula is second).
The SE's were well appointed in top trim. Mine had full power, sunroof, subwoofer stereo and leather trim.
The addition of the Fiero Store front and rear heavy duty sway bars (as a matched set), and the 15" lace wheels with good rubber makes for a big improvement in handling.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 03-12-2017).]

BabyEating Dingo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2017 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyEating DingoSend a Private Message to BabyEating DingoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a set of GT wheels sitting around (I've been using them as furniture in my apartment) but I don't know yet if I'll put them on. I love the fact that the factory wheels seem to have been lightly dusted with the same bronze/gold color on the inside of their spokes, so it has a light but noticeable tint that matches the body. I have definitely noticed that the build quality also seems to be much higher than on my '87 GT, down to subtle things like the quality of the screws used on the vent covers.
Mine has almost all of the options for an SE, also. Full power, sunroof, subwoofer, leather. It even came with the factory locking lug nuts, but I had to have them removed because the key had been lost. And they're kind of silly anyway.
The '86s are seriously underrated, and I didn't appreciate that til I found a clean example and saw it in person.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock