Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Probably a very strange question but.......

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Probably a very strange question but....... by railshot
Started on: 03-06-2017 05:58 PM
Replies: 7 (317 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 03-07-2017 05:50 PM
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2017 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would anyone have the dimensions for an '88 GT exhaust?

What I mean is the assembled exhaust outside tip to outside tip, and from the tips to the cat if that makes any sense?

The reason I ask is I bought an '88 exhaust from someone, fairly low miles, and am trying to figure out if it will fit in the back of my HHR.
If not, I will need to borrow a pickup to get it, and I bought it over 2 months ago, so time to get my butt in gear and pick it up if it is still there. lol

Mine has a "buzz" at certain rpms and I am sure it is the muffler or cat.

Yes, I could crawl under mine and measure it, but it is cold and rainy out here today, so if you know please post here or PM me......

Very much appreciated!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2017 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, the rain let up enough for me to go out and do some really quick measurements.....

For anyone picking up a whole exhaust the dimensions are......

Tip to tip, 52"
Tip to cat, 48".... or so, (hey it was wet out there!).....

LOL, love it when I can answer my own posts, but this may be valuable to someone in the future.

If I put it into my HHR Tip to cat (front to back at an angle) it will fit but it will need to be wrapped up to keep from scratching the interior.

More than glad to be of service!

Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2017 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we all appreciate your effort!!
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2017 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

we all appreciate your effort!!

Lol, glad I could help......... myself, and anyone in the future.

These original exhausts in good shape are getting extremely rare to run across, so anyone that visits a boneyard, and sees one in decent shape, hey, wrap it up and throw it in the back of your HHR!
They are stainless, so probably better than any reproduction.... now, do I want an Ocelot or not?

Fiero store link: https://www.fierostore.com/...px?s=54406&d=389&p=1

to be continued this spring after I install the oem one.....
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2017 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I picked up the Walker exhaust for my 86 GT, happy with it. I saw this post and looked it up on Walker exhausts' website and and showed a cat-back length of 48", but I hesitated to post the find because it is not intended for use on 88's (according to Walker, 85 and 86 only, actually) and I also figured the length does not include the tips.

Funny how your measurement came out. FWIW I hauled the 40094 catback in the passenger seat of my 86 (again, no tips) and it juuuuust fit at the right angle. With the option of putting a window down or a sunroof out, it's amazing what a fiero can really haul. And I hauled this without windows down or out. Anyone might work the tips off before transportation if ya have enough of the right tools on hand. Just pad it up as best as possible (especially the hanger points to avoid upholstery damage).
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

The reason I ask is I bought an '88 exhaust from someone, fairly low miles, and am trying to figure out if it will fit in the back of my HHR.
If not, I will need to borrow a pickup to get it...

Geez man, I don't know what you're worried about. This is how I brought a GT exhaust home!

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Geez man, I don't know what you're worried about. This is how I brought a GT exhaust home!

LMAO, I remember seeing that picture before...... looks like you have quite the "exotic" exhaust setup with that hanging out.

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

...looks like you have quite the "exotic" exhaust setup with that hanging out.

Yeah, I got some strange looks on the freeway during my hour-long drive home from the wrecking yard.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock