Started on: 03-06-2017 09:38 AM
Replies: 9 (728 views)
Last post by: cvxjet on 03-14-2017 06:14 PM
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2017 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess they don't know it's a Pontiac.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/au...AAmvtrY?ocid=U305DHP
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2017 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why do all the articles mention rotating the drivetrain 180°?

Are they really that obtuse? Do they know how to change a tire?
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2017 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

They probably think it cruises down the highway at 70 MPH in reverse...

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2017 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are they really that obtuse? Do they know how to change a tire?

I've had to explain this 100 times at car shows. Some people just can't get the idea.
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2017 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The writer (I use the term loosely) doesn't know the difference between mid and rear engine either....

I wonder what the interview for an automotive "journalist" is like?

Interviewer: "Can you use Google"?
Applicant: "Not very well"
Interviewer:"You're hired"

[This message has been edited by trivet (edited 03-06-2017).]

fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2017 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah - he got that part wrong.

But in the rest of the article, he proposing that Chev produce a 'new' Fiero (since Pontiac is gone).
Sure - like Chev would build something to compete with the Corvette??

But his idea for a new 'parts bin' car is:
Cadillac ATS front suspension
3.6-liter GM V6 340 hp
six-speed manual transmission
(automatic or double-clutch gearbox options)
should be a four-seater, like a Lotus Evora
aluminum frame and plastic body sports car
curb weight target of 2,999 pounds

His final line...

What better name for a sporty, rapid, affordable mid-mounted four-seater than… Chevrolet Corvair?

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2017 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
But the Corvair was rear engine. Which might be where he's getting the 180 idea from. Of course it isn't going to happen. GM just offloaded Opel and Vauxhall in the name of maximizing profits, it wouldn't make any sense bringing back a less than legendary nameplate for the sake of a less than profitable platform.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2017 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My first car was a 65 Corvair Monza. Two door, four speed, 110 up flat six, the rear seat back folded down to create a nice shelf and fairly roomy storage area. I liked the car, did well in snow and was fun to drive.
I hope the article was written 'tongue in cheek', as Chevy would have less of a PR issue by making a new model 'Edsel' rather than 'Corvair'.
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2017 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My first car was a 65 Corvair Monza. Two door, four speed, 110 up flat six, the rear seat back folded down to create a nice shelf and fairly roomy storage area. I liked the car, did well in snow and was fun to drive.
I hope the article was written 'tongue in cheek', as Chevy would have less of a PR issue by making a new model 'Edsel' rather than 'Corvair'.

You got that right. The name Corvair does not stand a chance of being resurected.The last models were great cars though, they just could not overcome all the bad publicity.
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2017 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Old ralphy nader has a lot to answer for; The first(And some would say best) compact american car was killed because of his attacks; The NHTSA took a FIRST generation Corvair and tested it in 1973-4 against the cars then coming out...They rated the Corvair as safer handling than all the new cars! And Ralphy never had a license, never drove a car! Arrogant moron...

The second generation(1965-69) Corvair is still one of the best looking cars ever produced, styled by Larry Shinoda- the same guy who styled the 1963 and 68 vettes, came up with the BOSS Mustang and styled the GM RVs. I think they should make a movie about Larry; In the 40s he was in Manzanar(Japanese internment camp in CA), then in the 50s he was hotrodding cars in SoCal and Bonneville...He actually won an award for his hot rod at the first Nat'l Hot Rod show...He went to an art college but was thrown out for being too rowdy! Then he worked at Ford, Packard, GM and back to Ford....The guy was a genius, and very different from what you expect a Asian guy to be. Some of Americas most iconic performance cars came from him....

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock