Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  it is a new year and great time to donate to keep this forum alive every $ helps (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
it is a new year and great time to donate to keep this forum alive every $ helps by 007 fieroman
Started on: 02-09-2017 11:50 AM
Replies: 58 (1062 views)
Last post by: E.Furgal on 02-19-2017 05:48 PM
jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2017 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nobody argued the first amendment, you simply lied about what facebook tolerates for the sake of the argument.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 02-17-2017).]

IP: Logged
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-17-2017 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
You are a difficult person to have a rational conversation with. You must spend all your time in T/OT and forgotten what normal conversation is like? You have forgotten how to not twist someone's words, forgotten how to listen, ignore points that others are making, make up your own facts as you go along.

Whatever.

Do whatever you like. I come here for Fiero information. Not to be insulted, ignored, made fun of, words inserted into my mouth. I'm done with this thread. You are what's wrong with this forum and killing it. I love what PFF USED to be, but it's already dead.

wgpierce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

Cliff had PFF on CD and never made enough $ to recover cost to "print" them. I have both copies. He gave second version CD as Torrent years later.

I would need to charge $20 minimum for cost dealing w/ burning and shipping disks and only to find on Pirate Bay etc because some will say $20 is to much. At $20 my margin is next to nothing.
Commercial printing cost even more to setup a disk, print X amount of copies then have to deal w/ shipping etc or sell to 3rd parties that eats most of profit. If I find a bug then all Commercial copies are worthless and junk and out of money for the effort.

I'll buy some off you, and I don't even need a printed label

PS, I already asked Cliff and he is not interested.

[This message has been edited by wgpierce (edited 02-18-2017).]

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post02-18-2017 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

When I take a quick peek over at O/T and see that there are currently 16(!) threads running on the front page that were started by a previously banned member who now posts under a different username... I'm not interested. O/T appears to have become his personal blogspace. No thanks.

And you know this for sure.. or just your b/s..
who is this
please list the old screen name and todays..
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-18-2017 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by dobey:

I don't know what Cliff pays, but this is just wildly inaccurate.

I host several different sites on a shared server, with unlimited storage and bandwidth, and it's less than $300 for THREE YEARS, or about $5/month if splitting up the cost per month. It's cheaper than Netflix. Domain name registrations add to the cost, but only minimally, unless you start buying all kinds of insane domains that cost in the range of $30+/year.

So.. you are telling me that the bill paid is incorrect....
odd.. as it's all funded by members and NO ADS
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-18-2017 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by jscott1:

You are a difficult person to have a rational conversation with. You must spend all your time in T/OT and forgotten what normal conversation is like? You have forgotten how to not twist someone's words, forgotten how to listen, ignore points that others are making, make up your own facts as you go along.

Whatever.

Do whatever you like. I come here for Fiero information. Not to be insulted, ignored, made fun of, words inserted into my mouth. I'm done with this thread. You are what's wrong with this forum and killing it. I love what PFF USED to be, but it's already dead.

Sorry facts hurt you..
I've run forums. and watch the same thing happen everytime..
This is from personally running them..

allowing one to have an o/t and no moderation...
and another without it and no political /religion subjects allowed
My.. opinion comes from THIS..
My idea of moving o/t to another board that this one would only link to. so those that don't want o/t to be here get their wish.. it's easy to do..
But I know moving or deleting o/t will not make other members post more.. click ad's here more.. or start threads more..
all it will do is slow traffic..
And as seen as cliff has to have a white boarder show up to ask for donation tells me, those members have no interest in supporting it now.. and with less google ad's dollars would only put it deeper in the hole..
To bad you won't reply. as it be nice what you'd advise to help keep the forum afloat with 1/3rd the traffic.. WHAT WOULD YOU DO??
remembering cliff can't get enough donations now.. and it only get worst with a loss of 2/3rd of traffic

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-18-2017 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:
So.. you are telling me that the bill paid is incorrect....
odd.. as it's all funded by members and NO ADS

I'm telling you that if someone is paying $900/yr to host an insecure forum on free software, they are probably either stupid or lying.

Web hosting is not that expensive.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-18-2017 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

I'm telling you that if someone is paying $900/yr to host an insecure forum on free software, they are probably either stupid or lying.

Web hosting is not that expensive.

I did not say that...
I said that a forum with 3 times the traffic and no ad's is 900.00
I said I can build a phpbb that cost nothing..
never said it's one and the same..
The monte carlo SS forum is no ad's and member fund the cost it was just over 900 this year and under it in 2015 or 2014..
so try again.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-18-2017 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I did not say that...
I said that a forum with 3 times the traffic and no ad's is 900.00
I said I can build a phpbb that cost nothing..
never said it's one and the same..
The monte carlo SS forum is no ad's and member fund the cost it was just over 900 this year and under it in 2015 or 2014..
so try again.

It sounds like your precious Monte SS forum is the one whom needs to try again. Like I said, I can host as many domains as I want, use as much bandwidth as I want, and as much disk space as I want on the servers, and it still boils down to $5/mo, plus cost of domain registrations for any domains after the first one. I don't know what the heck that forum could possibly be paying for, if it's costing that much, just to host a site.

Anyway, the point is that you are basing the cost of this site, from the perceived cost of another site, and in general, hosting just does not cost that much these days. Maybe it did in 1999. It shouldn't today.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

who is this
please list the old screen name and todays..

Search archived PFF for username: under8ted.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 02-18-2017).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Give it up, troll. Every time you've challenged me over the years at PFF, you've come up short.
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-18-2017 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Give it up, troll. Every time you've challenged me over the years at PFF, you've come up short.

Ah, so nothing.. thought so.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-18-2017 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by maryjane:

Search archived PFF for username: under8ted.

and todays user name as pat stated that that same person is firing off threads in o/t.. daily..
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2017 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ah, so nothing.. thought so.

You really are delusional/confused. Don (maryjane) supplied the name. What more do you want? If you doubt us, ask the guy. He's not difficult to find.

Originally posted by Patrick Here:

As of 01:51 PM on February 18th, there are currently 18 threads (out of a total of 37) on page one of O/T started by this same guy.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 02-19-2017).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-19-2017 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So Patrick, what is the user name he is using today /now??
instead of commenting with no answer other than "he's not hard to find"
you say that banned member is back under another name..
So what is he posting under now.. ?

you'd have posted it if you had any truth of it..
Why haven't you.??

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2017 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

you say that banned member is back under another name..
So what is he posting under now.. ?

you'd have posted it if you had any truth of it..

Seriously dude, are you really this dense?

Originally posted by Patrick Here:

As of 01:51 PM on February 18th, there are currently 18 threads (out of a total of 37) on page one of O/T started by this same guy.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 02-19-2017).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-19-2017 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When I take a quick peek over at O/T and see that there are currently 16(!) threads running on the front page that were started by a previously banned member who now posts under a different username... I'm not interested. O/T appears to have become his personal blogspace. No thanks.

So, you delete that post...
and won't post the new screen name.. only play a go look and count threads game and hope it's still the same..
Either put the name in your post or stop with your b/s

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 02-19-2017).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2017 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So, you delete that post...

I've deleted nothing.

You are one confused individual.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-19-2017 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've deleted nothing.

You are one confused individual.

And still nothing..
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors