Not Happy With Fiero Store Trunk Carpet by 87_FieroGT
Started on: 02-08-2017 08:11 AM
Replies: 9 (885 views)
Last post by: jscott1 on 02-11-2017 12:49 PM
87_FieroGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87_FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First, let me say I love our PFF sponsor and support them 100%. I know they try and supply us with great parts for our cars and I appreciate that. That said, I bought the economy trunk carpet from them and the product simply sucks.

I spent well over an hour pulling, tucking,and tugging at this carpet trying to get it to fit reasonably well to no avail. Try as I might, there remained a 1-2 inch gap between the back carpet and the carpet that goes around the blower motor that exposed the trunk metal underneath. I've given up on the kit and will clean up my factory carpet as well as I can and reinstall it.

I'm posting this for others that may be thinking about buying this product. Unless you have no carpet already or your factory carpet is simply beyond hope, stay away from this kit until The Fiero Store can come up with something better.

------------------

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, Silver, 5 Speed
2015 Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you contacted the fiero store about this fitment issue? Their customer service is top notch and they will work with you to make things right. I had two experiences where a product had issues, they were able to help without hesitation.
They really do go out of their way to please us!
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by viperine:

Have you contacted the fiero store about this fitment issue? Their customer service is top notch and they will work with you to make things right. I had two experiences where a product had issues, they were able to help without hesitation.
They really do go out of their way to please us!

I agree. This should have been the first thing you did.
87_FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87_FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I've already reached out to them. We've worked out a plan to return the carpet to them where they will attempt to fit it to their test car to see if they find a defect in the fitment. We'll see what happens.

I agree, their service is always stellar.

------------------

jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree too, I ordered a bunch of parts, including the chrome rear strut tower bar. they forgot to put the actual chrome bar in the box. I called them and no questions asked they shipped me another one at no cost.
78_elky

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2017 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 78_elkySend a Private Message to 78_elkyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to say I've complained about the prices when I first started to work on my Fiero and I even opted to get some used parts.
Then I ordered stuff from them and they are stellar in customer service, and the one time I got a part that was mislabeled they sent out the right stuff immediately no questions asked.
They are a great vendor
Jess
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2017 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably has something to do with the trunk blower... you probably got the wrong one for your car.
87_FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2017 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87_FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Probably has something to do with the trunk blower... you probably got the wrong one for your car.

Nope. I ordered and received the correct carpet for the blower motor. The motor itself was covered just fine, it was the flat area in front of the motor that was short.

------------------

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2017 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First step is to check and see that you received an 86-88GT (fast back) trunk carpet. The notchbacks have a smaller trunk and use a different size/shape rug.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2017 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

First step is to check and see that you received an 86-88GT (fast back) trunk carpet. The notchbacks have a smaller trunk and use a different size/shape rug.

Huh? No actually the trunk is exactly the same. The fastback trunk opening is smaller, due to 2 "D" shaped plastic pieces that are screwed on, but that does not affect the carpet size at all.

I did a fastback conversion on my coupe and didn't have to touch the carpet. The only difference among all Fieros is blower motor or not.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 02-11-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock