Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Is your Fiero a Daily Driver or a Sunday Driver? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Is your Fiero a Daily Driver or a Sunday Driver? by Oregon88
Started on: 02-07-2017 03:51 PM
Replies: 47 (785 views)
Last post by: railshot on 02-14-2017 09:10 PM
Oregon88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2017 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Oregon88Send a Private Message to Oregon88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know we all love our Fieros, but how many love them enough to drive them everyday?

Mine is a Sunday Driver, because I work on a farm and can come home very, very dirty. Plus, my boots barely fit in it.
I wouldn't want to dirty up my baby 'cause she's real pretty on the inside and ain't a bad looker on the outside either.

Just curious about everyone out there...

Also, if anyone wants to cruise when in Oregon near Salem, give me a shout!!!!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
f85gtron

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2017 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for f85gtronSend a Private Message to f85gtronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Daily. The other two hold down the driveway so it doesn't float away. The "real" car only gets used for multiple passengers, or when the water is too high.
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2017 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice Weather Only Cruiser - "almost" a daily driver in the summer, at least when I'm not taking it apart to "fix" something.
Parked in the garage for the winter - eagerly awaiting spring and cruising again.....
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2017 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't need to drive every day, but my '88 Formula has been my all four seasons "daily-driver" and autocross warrior for several years now. No car of mine gets babied.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 02-07-2017).]

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2017 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine`s a daily driver but only if no rain.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2017 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My GT was a daily driver for about 5 or 6 when I was commuting to Houston. Now it's a Sunday or fair weather driver. Oh, also a HRPT and Crusing the Coast cruiser.

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2017 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine is a 3 season daily driver and I enjoy it about 12K miles per year. I don't drive it in the winter due to the low temps and salt on the road.
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine was daily driver for the first three years Summer and Winter both. I also was working in a gas station so I had to keep the seats covered all the time.

I did have my accident and after that i installed the T tops and then entered a car show. I then started to show the car and continued to modify the car. I then went and bought a new truck and use it only for show and cruise in use.

Now with collectors insurance and historic plates it is still just special use.

It was my first new car and will remain with me no matter what other cars I have. We have been though a lot together. The car has taken me places and I have gotten to do things and meet people that I would never have got to meet or do. It has opened the door to many things that only a special well kept car could do.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 02-08-2017).]

jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine is a Sunday show car only. 87 GT gold on tan with 40000miles
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I switch back-and-forth between my truck and the Fiero. It depends on which one has more gas

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was a daily driver when I first bought my 87 GT, new. It then became a fun car to drive with road trips ever since and now at 30 years old, it get run periodically.
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Fiero used to be a daily driver, but not anymore.

As the Fiero got older, it became less and less practical to daily drive it. So about 6 years ago, I bought another car to use as a daily driver. Now, my Fiero is basically a toy. And since I have another car, it means I can do some pretty involved projects with the Fiero.
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 88 GT has been my daily driver for 3 years now. I drive it at least 6 days a week to and from work and weekends. I also have an 87 GT that I drive whenever the 88 is in the garage while I procrastinate on the next project. The usual stuff, headlights, brakes, dew wipes, motor mounts, etc.

I don't have a "regular" car. I use my business vehicle if I need to haul stuff, which is often times the latest Pick N Pull haul.

------------------
John Wayne as John Bernard Books in The Shootist...
" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

My rides...
1988 GT with a 3.4L V6 automatic
2006 Harley Sportster
'cause I love the twisties on two wheels or four.

PontiacTate

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacTateSend a Private Message to PontiacTateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 1985 GT w/3.4L swap is my daily. It keeps the miles off my 2009 Z51 Corvette and "fast" car 2008 built G8 GT. I almost get as many compliments on the Fiero as I do the other two. I call it my beater, but it's still better then most people I work with main vehicle. lol
Tate

------------------
1985- Fiero GT- 3.4l swap from 95 Camaro. Under the knife!

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Every one of the cars Ive owned was a 'daily driver', meaning I drove any of them whenever I wanted regardless of weather, etc. If you do own 4-5 mint cars though, it is hard to drive one all the time. 2 I did drive every day was the Fiero/Ferrari kit and a Mercedes 450SL. To such an extent I once drove the Ferrari kit 150+ miles in a blizzard/ ice storm where the interstate traffic was going under 30 mph most of the time.
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
our 88 was a daily 4 season driver for many years, but now it seems that it only get driven on every 3rd Sunday when the phase of the moon is just right.
homer6679

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for homer6679Send a Private Message to homer6679Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 86 GT is my daily driver to and from high school. It's pretty dang cool to have a one of a kind car in the parking lot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was a daily driver from 2004 when I bought it until 2013 when I could afford a reliable car to get to work and back consistently. At least now I don't have to drive it in the snow.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only with my imagination.

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 02-08-2017).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Garage Queens... haven't left the garage in years.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2017 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 88 TDI Formula is my daily driver, rain or shine, has been very dependable.
PFF
System Bot
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2017 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine is a fair weather car.
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2017 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
STRICTLY a sunny day car!!

Rich
Fier-oh41229

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2017 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fier-oh41229Send a Private Message to Fier-oh41229Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm a senior in high school and as long as there's no snow on the ground I daily my 88 formula. If I need to seat more than one other person I take my 04 civic si. I love them both but as we all know there's just something about fieros
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2017 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Garage queen here, but do have a picture on my phone of mine which goes with me every where. Does that count!!! LOL
Oregon88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2017 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Oregon88Send a Private Message to Oregon88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIERO JOHN-WI:

Garage queen here, but do have a picture on my phone of mine which goes with me every where. Does that count!!! LOL

yes it counts!!! I do the same.

Originally posted by f85gtron:

Daily. The other two hold down the driveway so it doesn't float away. The "real" car only gets used for multiple passengers, or when the water is too high.

This made me laugh...

I've been eyeing to get a second one, and possibly a third, but I really need a pickup instead. My fishing poles barely fit in the trunk and my gear and cooler take up the passenger seat. Plus the weather I get for Winter steel head fishing makes an obnoxious situation when it all comes together.

Thanks for all the replies everyone!!
Drewbdo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2017 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrewbdoSend a Private Message to DrewbdoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Every one of the cars Ive owned was a 'daily driver', meaning I drove any of them whenever I wanted regardless of weather, etc. If you do own 4-5 mint cars though, it is hard to drive one all the time. 2 I did drive every day was the Fiero/Ferrari kit and a Mercedes 450SL. To such an extent I once drove the Ferrari kit 150+ miles in a blizzard/ ice storm where the interstate traffic was going under 30 mph most of the time.

"daily driver" ... That was my original idea as well. After a nine month search, I got my first Fiero in October. Like Roger's, my car has a F-car kit, but mine is a long way from "mint". I have a 10' car, and some of the mechanical systems haven't been very dependable, so I don't drive it very much yet. The car was parked four years... new fuel pump, two fuel filters, new coolant hoses, new dist cap/rotor/plugs/wires, two batteries (first was a dud, replaced under warranty), new tires, etc since I bought it in October. Reading the forums almost daily to learn how to fix stuff.

Once I get it fixed, it probably won't be a daily driver, but hopefully 2-3x week. I don't really want a "garage queen". The car makes me smile when I look at it... I've loved the shape for 30 years, and the color has grown on me. So, I want to drive it regularly!

[This message has been edited by Drewbdo (edited 02-09-2017).]

78_elky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2017 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 78_elkySend a Private Message to 78_elkyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want mine to be my daily driver, but after many attempts to get the 2.8l to run right and reliably the transmission went out.
Then I went ahead and swapped in a 3800sc so once thats sorted out it should be a lot more driveable and reliable.
I am still telling myself I'll use it as a daily in the near future but we will see how it all turns out.
I just drove it for the first time after the swap a few weeks ago.

edit: I forgot to say I'm SW of Portland so maybe I'll see you around sometime.

Jessica

[This message has been edited by 78_elky (edited 02-09-2017).]

jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2017 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bought as the former, now the latter. So far that's 60,000 commuter miles I saved it from.
mafv8

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2017 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mafv8Send a Private Message to mafv8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another Sunday driver here, if I drove it everyday the Michigan roads would shake it to bits in no time.

------------------
84SE, aero body, 4 speed and an injected 355 V8

Quad Raider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2017 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I ever get my swap finished and my Fiero on the road, I will drive the hell out of it.
PFF
System Bot
liv4God

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2017 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 88 Formula is my daily. We go everywhere together, about 10,000+ miles per year. Pretty standard for a daily driver. She's been very reliable to me thus far. My other two both drive fine, but aren't registered and stay home in Cali while I finish school down in Texas. So they only drive around the block when I'm home for Christmas or summer. Graduating this May, so Lord willing if I get a good job I can register all of them and rotate the daily duty between the three.
rednotdead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2017 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rednotdeadSend a Private Message to rednotdeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 88 formula is my semi-daily, that duty is shared with a 91 civic hatch. I bought it in 2014, and put about 13,000 mils into it (now at 91,000). Not too bad, but I'll admit I do have some misgivings about finally breaking the 100k milestone on a relatively rare car like this.

[This message has been edited by rednotdead (edited 02-13-2017).]

spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2017 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Myt 86 GT is a fair weather driver. bought it new and now has 4.9 w/120K on it. Shows and cruise-ins only
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2017 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the car i am putting together will be driven all the time in the summer rain or sunshine but put away for winter
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2017 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to say that mine is a daily driver but it is not. I tuck her away for the witer and drive her in the summer on nice days.

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
2009 Dodge Charger
2017 Kia Forte S

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover
FieroNews Windshield Banners

litespd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2017 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Garage queen. I used to drive it all the time, but as others have said, once I started showing it, I pretty much quit driving it. It was easier to keep clean between shows if I didn't drive it. Then, I moved it to a storage unit, away from home. Eventually, it just sat, and never got driven. I just started it the other day after setting for more than a year. I plan on driving it more this year than the past few years...but if I don't, then it's probably time to sell it.

trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2017 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful GT - LOVE the wheels! You really need to drive the hell out of it.
I used to try to keep mine all clean and polished and ready for shows....found out it's much more fun to drive it more, and clean it before showtime. More work, but DEFINITELY more reward.
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2017 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm at the same point...mines a "car show" "cruise night" only vehicle, and since I have too many other projects going right now it doesn't get driven much, so I'm really thinking of selling it this spring.

[This message has been edited by h.d.fire (edited 02-11-2017).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by h.d.fire:

I'm at the same point...mines a "car show" "cruise night" only vehicle, and since I have too many other projects going right now it doesn't get driven much, so I'm really thinking of selling it this spring.

It always seems like for a lot of people by the time their car enters the "cruise night" portion of it's life people are ready to sell it. I would love to have a car that all I have to do is drive it to cruise night.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock