Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Is your Fiero a Daily Driver or a Sunday Driver? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Is your Fiero a Daily Driver or a Sunday Driver? by Oregon88
Started on: 02-07-2017 03:51 PM
Replies: 47 (785 views)
Last post by: railshot on 02-14-2017 09:10 PM
yellow peril

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellow perilSend a Private Message to yellow perilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mines a daily driver, 60 mile round trip to work and back. don't drive it in the snow though ,but as soon as the roads are plowed it's back on the road. best part of my day is the drive in and the drive home from work. with drive home getting the edge as a little better than in.
IP: Logged
David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The '84 SE 4 speed (on the right) is a daily driver since new in May '84. It has about 377,000 kilometers (234,000 miles) on it now. I've fixed a few things...
I got the red '86 2.5L 5 speed coupe in Feb 2011 to share daily driver duties with the '84. It was a very solid car, ready for mostly cosmetic TLC and after about a year and a half, an engine. (Swapped in an '87 2.5L).
I got the Formula 5 speed in Mar 2008 in showroom condition with 5,200 kilometers (3230 miles) on it. Couldn't pass up a 'new' Fiero! It's used a couple of times a week when the weather's good & for car shows.
All three are driven all year excluding wet and salty winter conditions.

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
one of each, a daily driver and a cruise-in, car show car.

Rob
FieroTony

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2017 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
88 has been a daily driver since January 2012 up until January of this year. 165 miles to work and back home every day, (M-F), plus additional work related and personal driving. I didn't intentionally take it when it was snowing, but did get caught a few times. That was a treat. Much rather use the 4X4 Silverado. Been pretty reliable with it's quirks. I originally bought the Duke with 5 speed for gas mileage when I started the new job. Unbeknown to me, I never imagined of 'clutching it' 14 miles around the beltway in stop & go traffic. Went through 3 throw out bearings in 5 years. Last one turned 'BLUE'. I do go a different way now but still end up in stop and go traffic. It's time to move on which is why I bought the Cobalt and am planning on selling the Fiero.

VOS1319

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2017 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VOS1319Send a Private Message to VOS1319Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The '84 SE I owned '92-2010 was a daily driver in all kinds of weather, (83K-198K), that's how I learned about understear on slick roads. The only time I had trouble with snow was driving in too deep, in heavy wet snow, or re-frozen ruts. It's hard to get anywhere with no weight on the tires! Since I'm self-employed, my current 2.5 5spd base coupe was an every-other-day driver until I ran over the cement block, (which busted all sorts of things loose and caved in and punctured the gas tank). This is the one I'm trying to replace at the moment. Any news about 4cyl 5spds for sale would be greatly apreciated, and boy, do I have a good parts car for same! Many happy Returns of the Day, Victor
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2017 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From December 2001 to January 2017. The Fieros I had were daily drivers. Spring, summer, fall, winter.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2017 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Daily Driver... Blue '87 GT

------------------
Paul

railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2017 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Mine is a 3 season daily driver and I enjoy it about 12K miles per year. I don't drive it in the winter due to the low temps and salt on the road.

Ditto here, and this Sunday sounds like it just might be the first one since New Year's day I will be taking it out!
They say it is going to be 58 and sunny, but we all know how that goes, it will probably snow a foot or more.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock