Help with wiring/Swap in Columbus Ohio by Buck531
Started on: 02-06-2017 08:20 AM
Replies: 1 (100 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 02-08-2017 01:18 PM
Buck531

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2017 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Buck531Send a Private Message to Buck531Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking to see if anyone has wiring experience with 3800 swaps in/around Columbus Ohio. Unfortunately there isn't many around me who even knows what a Fiero even is let alone swapping in a 3800 into one. A friend and I did the wiring ourselves and now he doesn't want to talk to me at all (so whatever).

The issue is with the trans. I'm sure it's something with the wiring. I followed all the diagrams from gmtuners website. Already messaged a few people on FB and they've been helpful but honestly I would like someone to just swing by my house and look at the pile that I have.

It's an 87 GT with a 99 Regal Harness/trans from a '99 Intrigue with a 3.5 DOHC motor with 3.29 gears. 99 GS block, etc. Everything that's in the Fiero now including the trans worked perfectly fine in my Regal that it was in. The trans was rebuilt 1k miles ago and had zero issue. I just had a shop replace the solenoids in the side of it.

What's happening is when I put the car in Drive or D3 the trans starts off in 3rd gear.. not 1st like it should. If I put it in D2 it will start off in 2nd gear.. not 1st. if I remove the shift linkage on the trans and manually put it in 1st it's stupid fast and works fine in 1st.

I've already spoken with Danny Mcllmoyle and he gave me a few pointers and even said if I sent him the harness he would go through it. I'm just stuck right now so I was hoping someone in Columbus who has done the swap before and possibly may know wiring could come over and take a peek.

Thanks.

------------------
03 Buick Regal. 13.0x @103
87 Fiero GT. L67 swap soon

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im close to you in Reynoldsburg. There was a Gahanna guy who did a 3800 swap into a kit he built, but Ive long forgotten his name...you might ask around the Gahanna auto parts stores if anyone knows him. His kit was red, and I think he scratch built it. Other than him, all the local Columbus area people I know have SBC conversions. My personal cars had turboed 3.1 and a 383 chevy.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 02-08-2017).]

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock