Reproduction gas tanks? by Steel
Started on: 02-06-2017 04:43 AM
Replies: 6 (812 views)
Last post by: Evil88 on 02-27-2017 06:11 PM
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2017 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does someone still produce reproduction gas tanks? I remember at least one member was having some made and they appeared to be very nice.

Before I make my own I thought I'd ask.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2017 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2017 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does not look like any one is making them at this time.The only other forum member that I think produced some stainless steel tanks was Woodyhere so you might want to PM him to make sure.
f85gtron

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2017 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for f85gtronSend a Private Message to f85gtronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It'd be interesting to see a plastic, blattered tank like the modern ones. Don't know if that's possible or even worth it. Idk advantages, disadvantages.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It sure would be nice to have an option of a new tank
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A plastic tank would be awesome, with or without the bladder.
Evil88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2017 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Evil88Send a Private Message to Evil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if this is true for all early tanks vs. newer tanks. I recently bought a non running 86GT. It had the smaller/older tank. This car sat for 10yrs, the tank was rust except for a shell of nice exterior paint. The outside looked great, Interior was horribly rusted. I went to a radiator shop in town to have it cooked and sealed. They said with the plastic baffle that they cannot do anything with it. I have a totalled 87GT in my back yard, I felt too lazy to remove it at the time. However with no tanks available I removed the 87GT tank. It has sat in my back yard for 5yrs. When removed there was not one speck of rust. I made some new brackets for the larger tank to fit into the older fiero. They changed the mount locations. If I were to look for another tank I would look for the 87 or newer 11.7gal tanks. It appears that they had a different treatment on the inside.
Others may correct me, just my recent experience with no statistical data. I did look at around 5 pre 87 tanks before pulling my 87 and they were all rusted garbage.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock