Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Anyone in the Atlanta GA area? Need help looking at a car....

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Anyone in the Atlanta GA area? Need help looking at a car.... by h.d.fire
Started on: 02-01-2017 07:58 PM
Replies: 12 (257 views)
Last post by: CoolBlue87GT on 02-05-2017 12:41 AM
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2017 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi guys,
I have a favor to ask of anyone in the metro Atlanta area. This is not exactly Fiero related, but a VERY close "cousin"! lol
I've always loved the Pontiac Trans Sport vans and a gentleman in Buford (near Sugar Hill) has a nice 1990 for sale that I'm
really interested in. My problem is that I'm 50 miles south of Chicago. A bit far for a quick look. If anyone has the time and
you're in the area I'd sure appreciate a first hand review.
Here's the C's/L add:
http://atlanta.craigslist.o.../cto/5964951076.html
Gentleman's name is Ray and I've spoken to him on the phone, very nice guy and honest about the vans condition.
Thanks in advance!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2017 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF member Raydar or Radar is from the Atlanta area IIRC.
Contact info is available thru PFF memberlist.

https://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin...&letter=R&s=&svalue=

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 02-01-2017).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2017 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Buford is the other side of the world from where I am.
I shared this thread to our club forum. http://www.gafiero.org/bbs/index.php?topic=2563.0
Several people from our club are undoubtedly closer. If nobody else can do it, I might be able to, but it will be a while. (Family stuff going on, at the moment. Very sorry.)

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 02-01-2017).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2017 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm about 17 miles from Downtown Sugar Hill. The crossroad, that is. I can't get there until at least the 7th. Buford and Sugar Hill are almost one and the same. Atlanta1 lives in Buford. You might try contacting him direct to see if he can do it for you. Email or PM me to let me know if you still need me to do it on Tuesday.
h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2017 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you all VERY much for the replies! I hated to ask this because I know we're all busy and have other commitments,
but I'm sure as "car guys" you all can appreciate why I'd like a second set of eyes just to look this van over.
The owner has been very gracious and is a great guy to talk to, and he said he'd be happy to show it to any one from the Fiero
community.
I'll try dropping a PM to the member in Buford.
Thanks again!!!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2017 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM me the man's phone number and name, with his permission, of course. I won't publish it on either forum, but might give it to Atlanta1 if you can't reach him.

What in particular are you wanting looked at? Do you plan to drive it or trailer it back if you purchase it? What are the plans for it? Parts? Restore? Cargo hauler/Work truck?

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 02-02-2017).]

h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2017 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

PM me the man's phone number and name, with his permission, of course. I won't publish it on either forum, but might give it to Atlanta1 if you can't reach him.

What in particular are you wanting looked at? Do you plan to drive it or trailer it back if you purchase it? What are the plans for it? Parts? Restore? Cargo hauler/Work truck?

PM sent....
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2017 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Atlanta1 came by today for me to work on his Corson. I gave him Rays info. He said he would try on Monday. I have to pass within a mile of his house on Monday and if time permits I'll stop and check it out.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2017 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Atlanta1 came by today for me to work on his Corson. I gave him Rays info. He said he would try on Monday. I have to pass within a mile of his house on Monday and if time permits I'll stop and check it out.

Hi fierofool, this brings back memories from 2004 when you helped me out with checking out my Suburban. Thanks again.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...050119-1-045071.html
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2017 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was the least I could do after my namesake, Hurricane Charlie took your other one away. Do you still have it? How's it holding up?
h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2017 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

THANK YOU!!!
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2017 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Atlanta1 called today and said he couldn't do it. I'll get back to you on Monday.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2017 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It was the least I could do after my namesake, Hurricane Charlie took your other one away. Do you still have it? How's it holding up?

Yes I still have it, is still looking showroom new. Has been very dependable, only has 14,000 miles. Proud to own it.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 02-09-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock