What do you guys think of the 87 SE? by wgpierce
Started on: 01-31-2017 05:23 PM
Replies: 15 (487 views)
Last post by: fastback97 on 02-06-2017 04:03 AM
wgpierce

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2017 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/192091258009

A lot of very new looking elements, and a few not so new looking elements......

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2017 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsClick Here to Email notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car looks good but a 4 cyl. auto is not my cup of tea
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (159)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2017 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpClick Here to Email mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes gt seats in a se with no options nope nope nope lots of things wrong in this.
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2017 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Click Here to Email Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haha nice flames on the doors! The duke really adds to the whole "race car" theme it has going on :P

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2017 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Click Here to Email css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That medium red metallic really shines. Looks good! Its the flames that spoil it for me, but for the guy who wants a real-low-mileage four-cylinder with custom paint, this just might be the one.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2017 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageClick Here to Email BlacktreeSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My car started out as an '87 SE with the 4-cyl and slushbox. IMO, it's a good starting point for a project. Although, an '88 4-cyl might be a better starting point if you're looking for handling.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (90)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2017 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroClick Here to Email mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car! It looks like a car that was stored for a long time...I see nothing out of the ordinary. You can tell the mileage is accurate by the sheen of the seat material and the the exhaust manifold/down pipe, etc. The engine compartment needs some detailing, but it doesn't look bad to me.

The "GT" seats were standard equipment on the '86-'87 SE's. It is what I like to call a "stripper"....meaning it is a base model with absolutely no options (aside from the auto trans.). Would that prevent me from buying it? Nope. Of course I wouldn't drive it either.....it would be a trailer queen to bring out to car shows (and win!). A car like this should be preserved for what it is. The only egregious thing are those hideous flames. Hopefully they're vinyl and can be removed.

Only 1201 '87 SE's with the 4-cyl. were built, so they are unusual. This is quite possibly the lowest mileage example in existence...not many people would have preserved a car like that (unlike low mileage '88 GT's which are everywhere).
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2017 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageClick Here to Email sardonyx247Send a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also say 87 SE's are rare'ish as when we had 100 Fieros in the yard we did NOT have one 87 SE.

To add: the car has not been in for recall, (you can tell by the "recall strip") It looks like a low mile car.
Kinda weird that is has flames on such a low mile car, IE if you put flames on it, you would think you would drive it.?.?
But I did have an 84, with a factory (as far as I could tell) a Chrome door panel that said "FIERO" on it. (I have only seen a couple) Just to throw it out there, possible factory flames.?.?

Poor seller though, that low mile, with a crap description. If I sold a 250 mile car, I would probably write a book. And a starting price of $200, he really has no idea of what he has.

Who ever retracted their bid is an idiot, that car is so worth that. (Not that the duke is a big selling point, but neither is a 2.8) as that car shouldn't be driven anyway.
wgpierce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2017 04:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To me there are things about this car that just don't add up. Like I said lots of it look very original, but for such a low mile car I would not expect the flames, or the delaminated interior parts. The delam typically occurs due to head and sunlight, but who stores a car with 200 miles outside for a significant period of time? I am doubtful of it generally.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2017 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wgpierce:

To me there are things about this car that just don't add up. Like I said lots of it look very original, but for such a low mile car I would not expect the flames, or the delaminated interior parts. The delam typically occurs due to head and sunlight, but who stores a car with 200 miles outside for a significant period of time? I am doubtful of it generally.

Trust your instincts.
fastback97

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2017 04:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fastback97Click Here to Email fastback97Send a Private Message to fastback97Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can say that I love the body style. I used to like the fastbacks the most but I'm redoing my 85 GT before I touch my 87 GT. You can do a motor swap if you don't want the 4 cylinder if you are going to drive it. If I was you I would definitely look at that car closely in person before buying it though. Good luck.
PFF
System Bot
fastback97

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2017 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fastback97Click Here to Email fastback97Send a Private Message to fastback97Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fastback97

23 posts
Member since Apr 2016
Whoa!! I just looked at the ebay auction again on this car. It's about a half hour away from me! I could look at it and get the scoop.
fastback97

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2017 04:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fastback97Click Here to Email fastback97Send a Private Message to fastback97Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fastback97

23 posts
Member since Apr 2016
Just to add to it. I actually know who is selling it as well. He owns a shop and does custom exhaust work. He's really into mustangs that's for sure.

He is absolutely a car guy so I wouldn't believe for a second that he doesn't know what he has.

[This message has been edited by fastback97 (edited 02-05-2017).]

wgpierce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2017 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not really interested in buying it, I was just wondering what the experts here thought I know the 2.8s pretty well but not the 4s.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2017 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageClick Here to Email sardonyx247Send a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking at again I noticed other things wrong, one he lists power windows, but the pics show a manual window handle, and It looks like a gold nose emblem, I thought that was an 84 only thing, as my 87 coupe has a silver one.(pics could be off color though)

As advice, to tell a low mile car look at the pedals, if they are really worn, not a low mile car. Can't see in the pics of this car, just a FYI.
fastback97

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2017 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fastback97Click Here to Email fastback97Send a Private Message to fastback97Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well somebody bought it. Hopefully it's legit because it went for a little over $4,000

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock