Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  New Fiero shop in FL BIG announcement thread (K-swap fiero)!!! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
New Fiero shop in FL BIG announcement thread (K-swap fiero)!!! by BV MotorSports
Started on: 01-21-2017 09:19 PM
Replies: 148 (8955 views)
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 08-10-2020 02:57 PM
madbrad01

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2017 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madbrad01Send a Private Message to madbrad01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hows the swap going?
IP: Logged
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2017 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Funny you should ask! We fit the swap in as we get time. Obviously its not paying the bills as you can imagine. With that said, we worked on it today!

Today Antonio and I popped the pan, removed the OEM oil pump/balance shaft and replaced it with a modified K20z1 oil pump from 4 Piston Racing. The size and weight difference is pretty amazing. I bet it removed 7#'s off the engine. I am placing an order for a Cometic HG and ARP headstuds tonight. I'll pull the head off tomorrow and send it over too Tim's to get cleaned & tested. The I'll make a vid of the boring process of lapping the valves if ya like!

Other BIG NEWS!!!! Remember the Blur? Well, my oldest son wants it. He grew up with me working on it. It means the world to me that he wants the car. It has no drivetrain...hmm wonder what I can put in there? He answered the question by buying a 2008 TSX K24A2/6MT. Now there are 2 K swapped Fieros being built!

You can faster updates by following the fb K swap page I just created and see some pics from today.

https://www.facebook.com/K24Fiero/

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 03-01-2017).]

PK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2017 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont have faceache so please keep us informed here too.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2017 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quick update.

The blue 87 GT (The Blur) is getting an '06 RSX-S K20Z1/6MT. My son just bought the drivetrain yesterday.

Here is some parts filth for your viewing pleasure.

I bought a clutch! CC Super single
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Yanked the head to send it over to Tim's to get cleaned and tested.

Looking pretty bare!

My Honda HG and ARP headstuds arrived today.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 03-09-2017).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2017 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
4/6/17 update

Made some progress on the engine today. The head is back from the machine shop and is in good health. Fresh Honda MLS HG and some ARP headstuds thrown in for good measure. If we get it all back together before I have to do the afternoon school run, we are going to start mounting it to the cradle. Now its getting exciting.

hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any word on the brackets yet for the f23. We talked and I left my number but no call yet.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great timing! Yes its done. All the final test parts were verified and production started. 20 sets should arrive today or tomorrow. I know this has taken way longer than I anticipated. I didnt realized just how OCD Dave is when it comes to making things. This is next level stuff guys.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 04-07-2017).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2017 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those that are looking for more frequent mini updates on my K swap, please check out the fb page I created for it.

https://www.facebook.com/K24Fiero/

My turbo manifold arrived yesterday and I am hoping we will start test fitting the fully assembled drivetrain into the car tomorrow! Make sure to check the fb page for updates. yes, I will still update PFF but the other method is so much easier. New video will follow sometime later this week or over the weekend. I'll also be posting pics of our finished and ready for sale F23 parts!!!!!!
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2017 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice one BV.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2017 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check out my K24 swap fb page for some K series goodness from today! Super sexy turbo manifold and turbo P0rn!
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2017 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001
Im gonna jinx myself and say there is no way that clutch is gonna hold 500whp. Its only 7.25". Stupid HonDAH! My lawnmower has a bigger clutch! lmao

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 04-20-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2017 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The F23 shifter cable brackets and shifter assembly rebuild kkits are now in stock!!! We have 20 sets on hand. They look absolutely amazing. I have to pick up a F23 tomorrow (I sold the drivetrain out of my car) and run it by the shop because Dave wants to do 1 more test to make sure everything fits perfect. I did mention how absolutely OCD he is about this stuff, yeah? Pics and pricing should be up tomorrow.

You guys wont be ready for this. I'm talking OEM fit and way better finish. The burn marks on the stainless look so awesome! The shop name and phone number are lazer cut into each bracket. No, Dave wouldn't let me take a sneak peak pic today.
ignorant prodigy

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2017 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
updates on F23 brackets?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2017 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ignorant prodigy:

updates on F23 brackets?

Certainly!

Working on a write up and video right now. They are available for sale now! Dave is going to get back to me tonight or tomorrow on the final price.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2017 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001
Dem welds tho!

The bushings will rebuild your F23 selector assembly to better than new! No more slop!!

The game has been changed

As for the swap, we are ready to test fit the engine on the cradle and then into the car.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 05-02-2017).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2017 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

ignorant prodigy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2017 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice!
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2017 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just posted a FS thread for the bushings and brackets!!!

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/075503.html#p0
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2017 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are moving along on the k swap. I used some CAD (cardboard aided design) and got the trans mounts mocked up. Now we just need to transfer my designs to steel. Lemme see if I can make a nice timelapse vid.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2017 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you to all that have placed an order for our F23 shifter cable mount and bushings. I believe we have had enough people request we make some trans mounts as well. We are going to do aa LIMITED run of "no frills" f23 mounts to test the waters. We start on Monday. I report back on our progress. We have to button up a 1000whp EvoX and then we will get on the mounts.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 05-21-2017).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2017 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
K24 is mounted to the cradle. We should test fit it into the car tomorrow if all goes well!
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2017 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:
... I used some CAD (cardboard aided design)

Still watching this thread.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2017 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well we didn't test fit. I can say its funny how everything is falling into place. There are so many little odds and ends that just work on the K swap. I literally LOL when I think about it. It was super hot and humid and about 3:30pm on a Friday. We had a choice to make. Test fit and be there all night or call it a day and go enjoy the weekend. Bryan is gonna be here in a few hours. I dont know if he planned it this way but I am gonna see my oldest boy for fathers day! He came all the way from Alaska to work on the blur. Just happens to be fathers day weekend.

If you guys are watching the fb K20/24Fiero page you'll get to see our progress so far.

Good news, we will be working on his K20 swap and get some vids posted!

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 06-17-2017).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2017 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2017 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2017 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New video! This is for the 87 GT k20 swap

https://youtu.be/u7znXh6cfj8
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2017 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like I have exceeded my photobucket bandwidth. lol thats only happened once before! Make sure you follow my fb Fiero k20/24 page for fast updates on my K20 and K24 builds!
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2017 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

Looks like I have exceeded my photobucket bandwidth

Photobucket disabled hotlinking for everyone. You can only hotlink photos if you pay them $400.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 07-07-2017).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2017 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Photobucket disabled hotlinking for everyone. You can only hotlink photos if you pay them $400.

Those bastards!
ignorant prodigy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2017 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
they just signed their own death certificate. their site is full of ads and is incredibly slow. the only reason to go there was so you can host your pics to share them other places.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2017 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2017 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2017 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Part 3 of the K20 swap is live! Check it out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BraCDO2IBiA

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2017 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Part 4 is up!

https://youtu.be/NrBY4L2g9_Y

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 09-23-2017).]

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2017 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the status of the F23 mounts?

Joe
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2017 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

What is the status of the F23 mounts?

Joe

Hey Joe! The best answer I can give you is to call and speak with Dave. 8506403777. Call and say, "WE WANT FIERO STUFF"!!!!
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2017 04:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
K20 swap pt. 6 is live!

https://youtu.be/LYlTZpwHStg
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2017 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2017 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2017 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In episode 9, I continue with making mounts and I get heartbroken.

episode 9
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock