Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  New Fiero shop in FL BIG announcement thread (K-swap fiero)!!! (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
New Fiero shop in FL BIG announcement thread (K-swap fiero)!!! by BV MotorSports
Started on: 01-21-2017 09:19 PM
Replies: 148 (8950 views)
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 08-10-2020 02:57 PM
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2017 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK boys and girls, time to let the cat out of the bag. BVMotorSports has joined forces with Euro Pacific Auto Tech to save humanity! Wait, that is a different thread. We are doing some pretty cool things. So with out much fanfare here is what you can expect over the next few months (totally stole that from Top Gear).

Service, upgrades and repair of your Fiero.

F23 Parts!
F23 trans mounts
F23 Shifter rebuild kit
F23 Shifter cable mount
This is the last pre production part. Expect minor changes in design and material.

Engine swaps!
Insert the current darling, 3800 here. Anything from mild to don't tell the misses how much I spent.

And now, the big announcement..... Honda K20/K24 swap with either the 5 or 6 speed manual. Supercharged, N/A or what we are building now, a PTE6266 K20 in my 1988 Fiero GT

Follow our vlog here: Be sure to like and subscribe. And before its said, I am a total noob at video and editing. Hopefully I'll get better as we go.
K20 swap/build on YouTube

Come visit us in Panama City, Fl!

------------------
2009 G8 GT Kook's 1 3/4 LT's, Kooks catted Xpipe, Magnaflow axleback, Vararam CAI, HSRK, HPTuners, Atari gauges

1988 Fiero GT Honda K20 swap in progress!
1987 Fiero GT The Blur has been saved and is now being "restored"

ƒ13r0'$ rµ£3
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
PK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2017 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool. :-D
Stubby79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2017 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DO IT!

And do it right!
(Meaning don't take on more jobs than you can handle, and don't screw anyone over...including yourself! Charge what your time/effort/materials are worth. And try to enjoy it!)

Best wishes on your new endeavor!

[This message has been edited by Stubby79 (edited 01-22-2017).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2017 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PK:

Very cool. :-D

Was it what you thought it was?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2017 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

DO IT!

And do it right!
(Meaning don't take on more jobs than you can handle, and don't screw anyone over...)

Awwww... nobody's ever done that.

Good luck Steve. I wish you guys success.
ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-22-2017 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just curious, why a K swap? I know they're good engines but the cost to get better power out of them (Hondata, etc) can put them at a higher cost than a 3800.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2017 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ITR SOL:

Just curious, why a K swap? I know they're good engines but the cost to get better power out of them (Hondata, etc) can put them at a higher cost than a 3800.

I am no Honda fanboy by any means. Too be perfectly honest, I dont know much about them. After all the typical swaps I have done, I was ready for something new. Antonio happens to have a K24 and a K20A2 just sitting there. The question was posed and here we are. The idea of an engine that is lighter than stock, revs to 9k and can make 500whp on stock internals is pretty appealing to me. Now if only it doesn't sound like your typical riced out honDUH when we are finished, I'll be happy.

As for price, Its looking like it will be pretty close to what 3800 swaps are going for. Possibly even less. We have a budget set for this build. I am assured we will come in under it. If thats true, this will be a game changer.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 01-22-2017).]

ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2017 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:
I am no Honda fanboy by any means. Too be perfectly honest, I dont know much about them. After all the typical swaps I have done, I was ready for something new. Antonio happens to have a K24 and a K20A2 just sitting there. The question was posed and here we are. The idea of an engine that is lighter than stock, revs to 9k and can make 500whp on stock internals is pretty appealing to me. Now if only it doesn't sound like your typical riced out honDUH when we are finished, I'll be happy.

As for price, Its looking like it will be pretty close to what 3800 swaps are going for. Possibly even less. We have a budget set for this build. I am assured we will come in under it. If thats true, this will be a game changer.

Sounds promising. I've avoided the K swaps on my hondas because you just can't seem to get it done for under $10k. the good news is you can get jdm engines with little to no miles on them all day. This should be badass. Wish it was better timing for me on your 3800 sale.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2017 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That budget including that "just sitting there" engine.. replacement cost.. or is it like the mags of the 80-90's we just happened to have this under a bench..
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2017 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

That budget including that "just sitting there" engine.. replacement cost.. or is it like the mags of the 80-90's we just happened to have this under a bench..

I still have to buy an engine and trans regardless. The big question is which one. The K24 Antonio owns has a 6 speed. I'd like to use that engine and put the K20 head on it from the other engine he owns. Not such a good deal for him. K24 head on a K20 is not very good. We have a line on a K20A2 w/ an LSD 5 speed we are going to look at today. And its cheap... cheaper than my last 3800 purchase. And that was just the engine.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2017 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Priced out my axles today from the DriveShaftShop. Level 2 should suffice. I also purchased a complete 2008 TSX drivetrain for $1800. Do you guys what me to post the build in this thread or make one just for the K swap?
PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2017 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dude, 4 cylinder engines suck. I mean congrats! Let's see a build thread.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
01 BMW 525i: daily driver

[This message has been edited by FieroMaster88 (edited 01-27-2017).]

ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-27-2017 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

Dude, 4 cylinder engines suck. I mean congrats! Let's see a build thread.

A Honda K will outperform our 2.8's in every regard. They can be built into monsters if done right. Evolution.
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2017 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ITR SOL:

A Honda K will outperform our 2.8's in every regard. They can be built into monsters if done right. Evolution.

You must have missed my signature where it says I have a turbocharged 4 cylinder in my Fiero...
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2017 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Was it what you thought it was?

Ha I have taken a picture of the shiny silver donor box outside my house but it is so awkward to even post text from a phone on pff, the chances of getting the pic up are zero!

Will watch this with interest! And depending how it goes I might need you to send the 3800 ready to plug in. ;-)

My aunt won a type R about 10years ago!!!
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2017 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PK

1249 posts
Member since Sep 2001
Shame she sold it.
ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-28-2017 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You must have missed my signature where it says I have a turbocharged 4 cylinder in my Fiero...

That I did, very nice.
iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2017 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
K20 MR2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FghHghOaypM

Can't wait to see your Honda powered Fiero
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2017 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After talking with Dave and Antonio we have come up with how we are going to roll out these parts. How far we go willl depend solely on how well they sell. As you all can imagine, this is quite an investment on our part. Parts will be made and in STOCK. If part A sells well, we will move on to part B and so on.

Currently we have F23 shifter cable mounting brackets and bushings (part A) to rebuild the F23's shifter arm assembly. You'll know if you need them. Grab the weighted shifter arm on the transmission and see if it wobbles up and down. If so, our bushings will take out all the slop. These have been produced and we are just waiting for them to arrive. I will post an offical sale thread at that time. We are NOT taking preorders. We only sell what we physically have in stock.

Order and what we offer is subject to change to meet the demand.

Part B will be the mounts for F23 from 84-88

Part C 3800 mounts/brackets 84-88

Part D Brembo big brake kit for 88 (later 84-87)

Custom fabrication, engine swaps and repairs are always welcome. Intakes, exhaust, intercooling, turbo conversions etc. There is no set limit on how far this will go, it just depends on if there is a demand.

PLEASE understand, development and testing takes time. Nothing is rushed, no corners are cut. We have all years and configurations to test the products. Usually, on my car. lol I started this back in October. We are days away from the big release. Of course, the K swap is the big one!

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 02-01-2017).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2017 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My RBC intake arrived today from Honda. Monday we are going to mock up the K24A2 & 6MT on my spare 88 cradle. Pics and new vid to follow.

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2017 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Started work tearing down the K24A2. We have decided to leave it as stock as possible (except the turbo..lol) to see if we can hit 500whp.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

------------------
2015 Fiesta ST MPT FMIC, MPT chargepipes, 2JR catless downpipe, Cobb Accessport w/ protune
1988 Fiero GT Honda K20 swap in progress!
1987 Fiero GT The Blur has been saved and is now being "restored"

ƒ13r0'$ rµ£3

PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2017 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got some work done on the engine today. Mostly cleaning it up and removing bits I dont need and figuring out what bits I do need.

When a GTR comes to visit (also built by Euro Pac)

Next I need to decide if I am going to install a K20 head. either way I am waiting on a few things to arrive:

4 piston oil pump
Cometic MLLS HG
ARP Headstuds
Balance shaft elim kit

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2017 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001
Oh yeah!!!!! This is me begging you guys!

I really need you guys! I may have picked up a MAJOR sponsor for my k swap fiero build. Please, please like, share and subscribe to my YouTube vids. Precision Turbo loves the idea and my car. Most of us are car ppl, post my vids to whatever forum you're on. If there is no audience, PT will not sponsor the build. I'd really appreciate it!
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New vid will be released this week. It will be atleast 10min long and cover everything from "meet BVM and EPAT" to "why the K swap" and "future plans". Thank you all for the support and patience while we roll out these awesome new parts. I am learning more about video editing and hope to offer much better content as the build progresses.
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is going to be good! Subscribed on YouTube and liked your videos.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
01 BMW 525i: The other summer car
03 BMW X5: bad weather car

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is going to be good! Subscribed on YouTube and liked your videos.

Thanks bud! I am going to submit my sponsorship package to Angelica tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any word on that shifter bracket yet. I would like to use all gears not just 5 of them.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Give us a call tomorrow and ask for Dave. 850-640-3777
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2017 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am currently editing the next video. Watch this space or look for your YouTube notification... you did subscribe, didn't you?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2017 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok here is my first time editing video. This is just a test and may be replaced.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 02-22-2017).]

madbrad01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2017 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madbrad01Send a Private Message to madbrad01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wish they were using there effort toward a ls4 swap. Good luck with your build , I think you should go with the better head.
PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2017 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madbrad01:

Wish they were using there effort toward a ls4 swap. Good luck with your build , I think you should go with the better head.

Fieroguru is already working on it. FieroGuru LS4
ignorant prodigy

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2017 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maybe i missed it? whats the price for the f23 shifter assembly?

and what cables are you recommending to use with your assembly?
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2017 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the F23 mounts, any pics? and gear casings will they be for? you do know there are 3 different f23's and people like to mix/match them right?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2017 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The mounts we designed around the F23 installed in my car. The F23 2000-2002 J bodies equipped w/ 2200 series engine
madbrad01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2017 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madbrad01Send a Private Message to madbrad01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Watched the mr2 video ,can't understand what trans he's running , So my question is how much hp is your trans going to hold ? Thats the limiting factor on the turbo cars. Oh i came up with a name for your car.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2017 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, tell us what's up in the Casa de' BV??? Inquiring minds want to see!!!!!!
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2017 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Watched the mr2 video ,can't understand what trans he's running , So my question is how much hp is your trans going to hold ? Thats the limiting factor on the turbo cars. Oh i came up with a name for your car.

He is running a dogbox. Quaife just released a sequential 6 speed dog box at the PRI show with a sticker of $6k full retail specifically for the K series engine. One will end up in my car, do not doubt. As for your question, 4th gear is the weak point on the Honda gearbox from what I have read. How much will it hold? IDK, hopefully long enough for me to save up for the Quaife.

Mentioned here @ 2:49

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfMGnUD5HqY

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 02-27-2017).]

madbrad01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2017 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madbrad01Send a Private Message to madbrad01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OUCH !
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2017 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OUCH !

Its not bad man. 6k is half what a dogbox normally costs. Price you gotta pay when going big power and sticky tires.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock