Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Interior paint colors from Fiero Store, Can I get them locally?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Interior paint colors from Fiero Store, Can I get them locally? by hetterbr
Started on: 01-20-2017 10:57 PM
Replies: 7 (272 views)
Last post by: IMSA GT on 01-28-2017 11:54 AM
hetterbr

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2017 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hetterbrSend a Private Message to hetterbrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

I need to repaint a part that I purchased in the 1985 dark grey color that the Fiero Store sells. With Exchange, shipping, duty, I am wondering if anyone knows of a color of a spray paint that I can source loally.

Here is the number from the Fiero Store: Dark Grey - 50942 8688DkGrey

If I go into a paint store with this number and that it is by PPG, will they be able to find the correct color? I have never looked for a spray paint before.

Thanks for the help.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2017 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most of the interior is not painted. What do you want to paint? It would be easier to take the part into a paint store and match it with a spray can.
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2017 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That number is a Fiero Store number only
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post01-24-2017 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go to any GOOD automotive auto body paint supply house or parts store. and look at the SEM interior paint spray can color chip card..
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2017 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the time and gas you will spend trying to find a match will cost more than ust ordering it from FS. Suck up the cost its worth it. I bought some last year and color match is perfect
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post01-24-2017 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jjd2296:

the time and gas you will spend trying to find a match will cost more than ust ordering it from FS. Suck up the cost its worth it. I bought some last year and color match is perfect

Every city/town with autobody supply with have SEM interior paint I'm willing to bet the f.s. spray bombs are SEM..
Also branded as dupilcolor in chain stores .

here is a link,, but you can get it local cheaper 99.99% of the time
http://www.tcpglobal.com/Ae...-Paint/Color-Coat_3/
Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-28-2017 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jjd2296:

I agree. We want "The Fiero Store" to stay in business for a long time to come. They already did all the legwork for you so let's reward them for it. Don't be cheapo! Where would we be without TFS?

If you were painting 100 Fieros, then I would negotiate a better deal. But if it's only for one Fiero, like jjd2296 said, suck up the cost. Save your energy & focus on more important Fiero matters.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 01-28-2017).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2017 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Honestly, get a hold of Danyel on here and see if he has the right colored part that you are trying to paint. He is already in Canada. Paying $22 for paint and almost $50 for shipping is horrible. Danyel or some other members in Canada may already have the right colored part. You just need to ask them.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock