Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  LQ1 Picture request - Alternator Mounting points. With and without alternator.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
LQ1 Picture request - Alternator Mounting points. With and without alternator. by Synthesis
Started on: 12-26-2016 09:00 PM
Replies: 2 (166 views)
Last post by: Synthesis on 12-27-2016 09:20 AM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2016 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking for up close and detailed photos of the alternator mounting points on the 3.4 DOHC engine.
Specifically, I'm looking for the mounting ears.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2016 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are all I've got (from my web site):

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2016 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perfect. It looks like the lower mounting "channel" and the bracket that attaches to the block line up so that a single bolt passes through both the slot in the front timing cover and the block bracket.

It also looks like the pulley side face of the lower mounting channel and the same face of the upper threaded hole in the timing cover are "level" with each other...
With my new DOHC engine, I'm looking into an AD244 alternator mounting solution that would outboard the alternator by about an inch out and down with the larger body/higher output alternator.

The AD244 alternator ran 160 amps stock in some trucks and uses the same exact charging circuit setup that the Fiero does. It was also designed to have a higher output at a lower RPM since the truck engines tend to idle about 250 RPM lower than most of the V6 engines.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock