alltest brainmaster 3226 by yellow peril
Started on: 12-19-2016 12:05 PM
Replies: 4 (903 views)
Last post by: yellow peril on 12-21-2016 08:41 PM
yellow peril

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2016 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellow perilSend a Private Message to yellow perilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was just given an old brain master 3226 but it came without any instructions. looks easy enough to figure out but I always wonder about some little quirk like "never plug into cigarette lighter with car running or fire may result" kinda deals. I googled alltest and brain master seeing if there may be some prints of the instructions somewhere but had no luck and it looks like alltest is out of business. anyone know where I may find a copy of the operations manual?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2016 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had two complete units and sold them to 2 guys on this forum. They should have the manuals and should see this post. You might also find the manuals online or on eBay. If you post a picture of the front of the scanner, I can probably tell you how to set the scanner for the V6 Fiero. DONT USE IT UNTIL IT IS PROPERLY SET or you will burn it out.
From memory for the V6 only:
Set dial to C1 Pont PFI
Insert Plug into diagnostic connector
Insert plug into cigarette lighter socket. Unit wil power up
Screen will flash 85 0r 86 Chose 86 for 86-88 ECM.s All the same. Hit select switch
Screen will flash three different times. It will show Open (OPE) or Closed loop (CLP) or SPE operation. Hit select switch again to choose closed loop
Start engine .
Rotate selector switch to read the signals for each sensor. Use hi/lo switch to select reading for each position
Important to allow the engine to warm to operating temperatures to get accurate closed loop readings.
------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 12-25-2016).]

yellow peril

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2016 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellow perilSend a Private Message to yellow perilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok thanks. this is what I was worried about. doing something stupid and burning it up. I have an 88 duke so I'm assuming I would set the switch to pont EFI L4. thank you for that info. I looked on eBay ,right now they have 2 units for sale for around 75 bucks. I've searched for copies and found nothing. I'll just keep looking. thanks a lot for the info. helps a lot.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2016 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellow peril:

ok thanks. this is what I was worried about. doing something stupid and burning it up. I have an 88 duke so I'm assuming I would set the switch to pont EFI L4. thank you for that info. I looked on eBay ,right now they have 2 units for sale for around 75 bucks. I've searched for copies and found nothing. I'll just keep looking. thanks a lot for the info. helps a lot.

You own an early Brainmaster made in 1986. . It works for 2.8L 85 or 86 engine but since the 87 and 88 V6 ECMs are all the same (the data stream is identical) it can be used there as well. However that unit might only work for the earlier Duke engines with the distributors, IIRC 84-86. I would not use it on the 88 Duke with the DIS system until further research is done. The later Dukes used a different ECM and the data stream might be different.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

yellow peril

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2016 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellow perilSend a Private Message to yellow perilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes I think your right on the research. I appreciate your input. thanks loads. what you gave me is more than I have found any where on line. I used to think anything you ever wanted to know about ANYTHING was on line. not so with this unit. surprisingly little out there on this. I have to admit I never heard of one till I got this.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock