Started on: 11-28-2016 02:21 AM
Replies: 5 (393 views)
Last post by: Falcon Fiero on 11-29-2016 01:00 AM
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2016 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few months back I purchased 2 sets of Aluminum low profile car ramps.
Ramps
They came 2 in a set and have a storage bag with them.
----They are NOT for getting under the car to work on at all-----

They are perfect size for anyone who has lowered there car to the point where even the low profile jacks are hard to get under.Mine was lowered before I bought it.

I have an 88 that is a pain to get under..They are all Aluminum and they store perfectly in the trunk.
I added some grip tape on the top of mine.And some 1/4 inch strips of rubber along the bottom.

Just thought I would pass along a pretty good solution to cars that are lowered low..

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2016 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Made a set out of wood when I got my first Fiero 21 years ago. Since then I got a low profile hydraulic jack.

I bet those are lighter than my wood ones, though.

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

Fiero 88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2016 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tesmith66:

Made a set out of wood when I got my first Fiero 21 years ago.

Since I'm cheap, this is my method as well. Doesn't look quite as nice as the aluminum ones though.

------------------
Past:
1988 base coupe sold
1984 base coupe rust
Present:
1986 SE 2m6

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2016 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought the set up low ramps from Race Ramps. They are made of a light composite and really do the job well. They are easy to store and light enough you can easily hang up anywhere.

Not cheap but I got them at cost so it made it a good option for me.

I also had a set of plastic street rod ramps. they were also great and very cheap. They worked great till I got brake fluid on them and they started to fall apart. I can not remember the brand name.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2016 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few months back I replaced my old normal height larin jack to a harbor freight low profile one. It is very low and a nice long reach (#68050, 62310, 60678)
http://www.harborfreight.co...apid-pump-68050.html

Time will tell how durable this jack is, but I really like the low profile (about 1 1/4" lower than the Larin) and nose length!

The jack pad is right under the front lower frame rail:

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2016 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recently got some "Race Ramps" to replace the old Rhino ramps I bought for my lowered 88GT.

The Race ramps have a much longer approach angle so the front end does not scratch.
Additionally, you can remove part of the ramp after loading ( see attached photo), which makes it much easier to work under the car.
I highly recommend them.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Falcon Fiero (edited 11-29-2016).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock