Started on: 11-25-2016 05:13 PM
Replies: 7 (514 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 11-30-2016 12:13 PM
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2016 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So these pics were added to my other thread, but since its just a thread about picking up an 88 GT to drive daily, i'm sure it doesn't' get the looks that this new post will. I had some PISA leather seats in my new driver and I love the look, but the drivers bottom cushion is beat up. The bolster is shot, the foam is flat and it felt like I was siting on a rock. I had these C5 Z06 seats that I picked up last year just sitting in my storage shed, I wasn't using them because I could not find any aftermarket support for changing the color of the leather. Anyway, with this new "RED" car, I figured that these seats would look good and offer a better feel on my ***.

Putting these on the stock Fiero rails was so easy. Since I had to replace the driver side bottom foam anyway, having the seat apart really helped the install. Once I put the C5 seats on the rails I saw that they lined up almost perfect. All I had to do was drill two new holes in the seat bottom and two new holes in the Fiero rails. I did have to raise the seat up about 3/4" to clear the adjusting arm but even that was easy. I am not 100% happy with how high the seats feel, so I think I'm going to fix the setup, I also noticed that the stock Fiero seats are a little offset from the rails, and because I put these seats "straight up" on the rails they sit a little to the inside, toward the center console. But I do have about 2" of room to the outside, so after some trial and error they should fit real nice.

I know that comparing old worn out Fiero seats to brand new foam bottoms on the C5 seats is not fair but these new seats are so comfortable. The bottom and side bolster are tighter than Fiero seats, so I do think that some people will not think they are as comfortable, but to me they are, and that's all that counts. PS... Now I just need to get my black carpet and fit those Firebird door panels, in black/red :-)

Enjoy.

Rob

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 11-26-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2016 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Fiero seats are more comfortable then c5 seats
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2016 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They look right at home, Rob. Nice job.

What year Vette are they from?

Bob
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2016 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Vette seats (1993) that I put in my 88GT I consider one of the best upgrades to my car.

I always say that I sit IN them and not ON them.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2016 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

They look right at home, Rob. Nice job.

What year Vette are they from?

Bob

Those are 01-04 Z06 seats. Same as 97-04 Corvettes.

C6 seats are very similar too.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2016 05:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

The Vette seats (1993) that I put in my 88GT I consider one of the best upgrades to my car.

I always say that I sit IN them and not ON them.

I know its "apples to oranges" when I compare them. These seats have new seat foam and the old ones were shot, but I also love the back support. Something about the fit of the back portion of the seat is just so comfortable. I've had Fiero seats in other cars in the past, they were my "go to" seats, but with these C5 seats being so affordable and with all the replacement parts ( you could almost build one piece by piece), not to mention the flat bottom which would make adapting them to any seat rails, these may be my new seats of choice. Also, if you have never had the chance to pick up one of these seats you would be blown away by how light they are. even with the seat rails on them they are lighter than a stock Fiero seat WITH NO RAILS. The whole back support is fiberglass and there is not that much metal on the bottom. I didn't weigh them but they are so light.

Rob
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2016 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

Those are 01-04 Z06 seats. Same as 97-04 Corvettes.

C6 seats are very similar too.

C6 are much more comfortable

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2016 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a set of C4 seats in an 87 GT/Mera and they are very comfortable.

Nelson

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock