Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  what formats besides IMG can I post here?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
what formats besides IMG can I post here? by Francis T
Started on: 11-25-2016 09:49 AM
Replies: 26 (566 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 12-29-2016 11:26 AM
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2016 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What formats besides IMG can I post here?
I've tried PNG TIF etc? Whereas Photobucket is a PIA these days, and Zamzum only converts from but NOT to IMG?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post11-25-2016 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMG isn't the format. IMG is just the tag used to denote it's an image.

You can use PNG, JPG, or GIF. Anything else would be a total crapshoot as it depends on what the browser can display.
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2016 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you talking...

[img]your url address[/img] ?

What about videos? Like on flickr? It might be a mp4..

I know you use [youtube]address[/youtube] for videos on youtube.. Would it be like the same? - [flickr]

[This message has been edited by unboundmo (edited 11-25-2016).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post11-25-2016 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by unboundmo:

Are you talking...

[img]your url address[/img] ?

What about videos? Like on flickr? It might be a mp4..

I know you use [youtube]address[/youtube] for videos on youtube.. Would it be like the same? - [flickr]

You can't embed videos that aren't on YouTube, on PFF. I suppose you could try to with the IMG tag, but it's most likely that very few browsers would actually display it.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2016 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Francis T:

What formats besides IMG can I post here?

It never fails to amaze me how some guys who are so smart mechanically are so lost on the 'net.

If you're running Windows, upload your JPG images using PIP. Maximum width - 1024 pixels. Maximum file size - 300 kb.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2016 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

It never fails to amaze me how some guys who are so smart mechanically are so lost on the 'net.

If you're running Windows, upload your JPG images using PIP. Maximum width - 1024 pixels. Maximum file size - 300 kb.

I tried PNG. Will try PIP as suggested.

Lol, allow me to amaze you more; I'm a retired computer hardware tech & field service manager. Mostly on Digital's Vax & Micro Vax Systems, Sun systems, and other platforms. All of which was before PLUG & PLAY. Did my share of VMS & Unix Systems Admin, Oracle DBA Admin and lastly, I was a data center manager for a fortune 500 company.

BTW Y2K would have been as bad as predicted, had a lot of people not worked their buns off.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2016 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lol, allow me to amaze you more; I'm a retired computer hardware tech & field service manager...

Well dammit then, Francis... I wanna see you post an image!
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2016 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I tried PNG. Will try PIP as suggested.

Lol, allow me to amaze you more; I'm a retired computer hardware tech & field service manager. Mostly on Digital's Vax & Micro Vax Systems, Sun systems, and other platforms. All of which was before PLUG & PLAY. Did my share of VMS & Unix Systems Admin, Oracle DBA Admin and lastly, I was a data center manager for a fortune 500 company.

BTW Y2K would have been as bad as predicted, had a lot of people not worked their buns off.

I think the forum software is about as old as those systems you worked on back in the day. And thanks for saving us from the Y2K mayhem.

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2016 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mostly on Digital's Vax & Micro Vax Systems, Sun systems, and other platforms. All of which was before PLUG & PLAY. Did my share of VMS & Unix Systems Admin, Oracle DBA Admin and lastly, I was a data center manager for a fortune 500 company.

Ah yes, I worked with DEC PDP 11-70's & VAX/VMS 11/780 computers back in the late 80's / early 90's. Started out as a computer operator, then became a Data processing cordinator.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2016 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My project is almost ready for photos, thus I was going to download PIP >

Version 1.09 To download the latest version of P.I.P., click on one of the links below:

Version 1.09 for Windows 95b/98/98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista/Win7 (2.0M)

Is it compatible with WIN10?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2016 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is it compatible with WIN10?

Try it and let us know.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that PFF members running Win10 have reported it works fine.
PFF
System Bot
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2016 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Win 10 works fine with PIP.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2016 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it downloaded ok. I can open the desktop link but it won't let me browse or accept a paste?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2016 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

it downloaded ok. I can open the desktop link but it won't let me browse or accept a paste?

The PIP manual is Here. Make sure you've followed all the steps.

And when PIP is opened, it should look exactly like the following, including this text in the box... //images.fiero.nl/2015

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-04-2016).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2016 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You may have to make an exception in your windows firewall or 3rd party antivirus/firewall for PIP to be able to browse your hard drive for images.

Your 3rd party av/firewall should have a similar box to choose exceptions.

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2016 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The list below is: how-to make changes to the exclusion list I got from Norton, and Start PIP is not on it?
Where to now?

Start your Norton product.
Click Settings.
Under Detailed Settings, click Antivirus.
On the Scans and Risks tab, next to Signatures to Exclude from All Detections, click Configure.
In the Signature Exclusions window, click Add.
In the Security Risks window, under Security Risks List, select the signature you want to exclude from being scanned.
Click Risk Details to know more about the selected signature. If you still want to exclude it, click Add.
Click Apply and OK.
Click Close.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2016 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Where to now?

Back up half a step.

Have you installed PIP, do you get the Pennock's Image Poster as was shown Here, and does it appear just like I've pictured it (including the text)?
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2016 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Back up half a step.

Have you installed PIP, do you get the Pennock's Image Poster as was shown Here, and does it appear just like I've pictured it (including the text)?

Thanks for help, and yes v109 is loaded and on my desktop. I can also access it now, browse and can see the image/s I selected, however when I try to post it, it says UNABLE TO CONNECT. I think I have something wrong in my config?.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2016 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yes v109 is loaded and on my desktop. I can also access it now, browse and can see the image/s I selected...

Francis, you're not making this any easier. For the third time... can you see the following text?

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2016 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Francis, you're not making this any easier. For the third time... can you see the following text?

Nope, this what i saw there, I had entered:
://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin/fiero/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Technical.
I edited the profile to match yours, saved the changes, restart PIP and now have : //images.fiero.nl/2015

Same cannot connect error. I had to take some pain meds can't think straight now will work on Monday, Really appreciate the help
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2016 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I edited the profile to match yours, saved the changes, restart PIP and now have...

I don't know what you've done. You shouldn't have needed to edit anything if you followed the steps as spelled out in the PIP manual.

Watch this PIP instructional video full screen and see if you followed the correct steps.

Same cannot connect error. I had to take some pain meds can't think straight now will work on Monday...

I think i need some pain meds now myself.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-12-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2016 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Come on Francis... you can't just give up!
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2016 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Come on Francis... you can't just give up!

I haven't thrown the towel in yet. I just want to get a few more items done on the car and then take more pics.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2016 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

IMG isn't the format. IMG is just the tag used to denote it's an image.

You can use PNG, JPG, or GIF. .

This.

You can post a png just fine. With [IMG] tags and your photobucket link.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2016 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
proper installing PIP is on //www.fiero.nl/pip.html
If you follow

Start PIP by choosing it from the Start Menu
Click the New button
In the Automatic Configuration Field, type:
//www.fiero.nl/fieroforum.pip
Click the Get button
and can't get a good upload link then likely have firewall, DNS or router problems.

PIP may have problems w/ Windows UAC. try Run as Admin.

Filling in the UL Link by you won't work.
Auto Config file contains the link AND login data needed to use PIP.

PIP doesn't allow PNG because most Browsers needn't support it until a few years ago. Cliff didn't update PIP except fixing bugs.
Most browsers now support TIF w/ or w/o plugins but isn't for color pictures. USPTO and others have use TIF for B/W Documents for decades.

Use [img thumb] to keep files small. Most people do not want to see big to huge pictures to view a thread more then once.

Originally posted by 2.5:
You can post a png just fine. With [IMG] tags and your photobucket link.
Just edit photobucket and other links so only img-picture-/img is there.
copy/past from many sites also have url tags and link wrap around the img data and causes problems.
Example: site copy button copies url-photofool.com/xxx-img-photo-/img-/url then you remove url-photofool.com/xxx- and -/url when past to PFF and others.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 12-28-2016).]

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2016 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the PIP help everyone, I got it work but I need to resize my pics and take more. This the color. I mixed 1 gal of Mason chroma lite blue pearl metallic -a GM color- with one quart of Ford dark blue metallic.
BTW I saved a bundle on the pearl whereas it was on the discount with other mismatches!!

[URL=http://s16.photobucket.com/user/francis44/media/IMG_08651_zpsh8i4gnhf.jpg.html][/URL

You can read and see more photos this car at> //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/097222.html

[This message has been edited by Francis T (edited 12-29-2016).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2016 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A very nice and clean looking build and car Francis!!
(the PB link looks funky because the end bracket was left off the url tag--[/URL)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock