Factory Seats or Seat Covers? by Dylpro
Started on: 11-23-2016 10:29 AM
Replies: 7 (561 views)
Last post by: unboundmo on 12-02-2016 05:30 PM
Dylpro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2016 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive been replacing my interior with a beechwood interior I found on Craigslist. The leather seats that came with this are in very good condition but I wasn't sure if these were originals or seat covers. Anyone have an idea?

And for comparison, here are the seats out of my Formula. The leather seats also came out of a Formula.

The style seems the same, but I'm not sure if my seats in my Formula were originals either. Thanks for any input!

Here is my thread documenting my interior swap!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/097133.html
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2016 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting.
I have a lot of time on my hands the next 6 days, so I did some searching and found this at Mr. Mikes.

http://www.mrmikes.com/fierospeakers.htm

About 1/3rd of the way down the page on the right hand side is a seat that looks identical to yours before being recovered and head rest speakers added.
At the bottom is a completed one, but it does not have the strip down the middle.
You may just want to contact Mr. Mikes and see if they have any info on that seat.

I could not find one other picture of a leather seat with that stich down the middle?

Nice looking seats and interior by the way, and man, I would have loved to save that poor Formula!
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2016 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mr Mikes has many styles. Just Google Mr Mikes leather fiero, in images.

Those tans seats look like mr. mikes.

The write up that was referenced, is mine. I added headrest speakers for my convertible fiero.
Dylpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2016 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An email to Mr. Mikes confirmed they are indeed his "Classic" seat style. While I can't say I'm not a little disappointed they're not factory originals, in the end I was looking for a new interior for my car, not to make a quick buck. The seats still look great and I can't wait to get them into my car!

I too wish I could've saved it. It was sad a little, felt like I was stealing the last good organs of a dying person. But at least they're bringing life to another Fiero! I simply don't have the money nor space as a college student to take on more than one 80s mid engine projects. I've already done that once

To my knowledge the car was still there. He said some others were coming to pick up parts of the rear end. The trans and engine were out of the car but he had a 4.9 Caddy engine that he was wanting to sell with the car too. When I first contacted him he was wanting to sell the car as a whole, but before long he decided to part it out. Just not enough people out there who wanted to take on a project like that I guess. But like I said, at least it's bringing life to other Fieros!

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2016 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These were my original 88 covers in beechwood.. but in cloth

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2016 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by unboundmo:

These were my original 88 covers in beechwood.. but in cloth

88 Fiero factory leather has the exact same pattern as the cloth ones posted in either the beechwood or grey.

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 11-28-2016).]

Dylpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was that the only pattern available in 88? I feel like nearly every Formula I see has a style more similar to the cloth seats I posted. Perhaps the pattern you posted above may have only been installed on GTs while Formulas and Coupes got the more bare cloth upholstery like mine. Were those cloth beechwood from a GT?

[This message has been edited by Dylpro (edited 12-02-2016).]

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dylpro:

Was that the only pattern available in 88? I feel like nearly every Formula I see has a style more similar to the cloth seats I posted. Perhaps the pattern you posted above may have only been installed on GTs while Formulas and Coupes got the more bare cloth upholstery like mine. Were those cloth beechwood from a GT?

Yes... 88 GT T-Top

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock