Widebody/IMSA by Quad GT
Started on: 11-23-2016 09:34 AM
Replies: 7 (456 views)
Last post by: Quad GT on 11-24-2016 04:03 PM
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2016 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can somebody shed some light on this widebody. The previous owner tells me he purchased it from the manufacturer who was in St Louis
I remember seeing ads in back pages of Kit Car magazines but I never payed much attention to them back then as I was mostly into VWs and Brazilian Pumas

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2016 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad GT:
The previous owner tells me he purchased it from the manufacturer who was in St Louis

The builder may have been in St. Louis. Probably not the manufacturer.
That is, almost certainly, the DGP/IRM body kit. I believe that both of those entities were in New England.
IRMs molds were purchased by Doug Kinney, aka Fiero Warehouse, at some point. He is in West Virginia.

Fiero Warehouse shipped one of those body kits as recently as a couple of months ago.
They appear to be "in transition", just now, however. Doug has been quite busy and was looking for a buyer for the business.
(I have some of his IMSA parts on my car.)

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2016 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a neat project. What are your plans for it ?
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2016 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That car looks similar to the one gusshotrod built from a kit. There are some differences in the wheel well arches (guss flared then some). But it has been well over 10 years, so who knows. He was in Indiana for a time.

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 11-23-2016).]

Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2016 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes looks like a similar kit, if you look closer there is an opening on rear decklid which I'm assuming is for the Indy pace car scoop
Also the openings on front air dam came already cut out
The chasis is "85 GT with 35000 Kms
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2016 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting that there is no molding on the car. It is usually ribbed and molded into the fiberglass.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2016 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Interesting that there is no molding on the car. It is usually ribbed and molded into the fiberglass.

gusshotrod posted that he ground down the trim and added more fiberglass to get the smooth belt line. He started with the typical IMSA widebody kit.
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2016 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These panels were sold shaved no work has been done on them so far, even came with door skins
There are 4 fiberglass inner wheelwells, my DGP has it all glassed in

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock