Trivet's new nose badge - a review by 2.5
Started on: 11-19-2016 02:34 PM
Replies: 5 (713 views)
Last post by: trivet on 01-20-2017 07:47 AM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2016 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recieved a sample nose badge from Trivet to review. These are the first production run and he asked for honest feedback. The envelope had inside a badge protected on both sides by a protective barrier. I peeled the front protective layer off and it revealed the emblem.

It looks very nice. My first impression was noticing the textured look to the image beneath the clear outer layer. It has what I would actually consider a more unique look than pure black for example. One picture is cropped very close and shows it. It gives a sort of sheen to things. The fade to darker on the bottom of the silver edge and on each color at the top gives a more 3D look.

The clear coating has a slightly satin finish as well. If one wanted a gloss on top a plastic polish would likley give that option.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

I took a picture of this sample next to an old stock badge I had, they are very close in size. I did not have a factory mount without a badge in it to see how it would fit or look in the mount. I'm glad to see these being made.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2016 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have 2 designs available

Design 1 on the left, and Design 2 on the right (the style 2.5 reviewed). Pardon the poor pictures, couldn't seem to take a decent one without getting some glare from the flash, and without the flash it was way too dark.

Design 2 is ready to go and I'll be posting in the mall later today or tomorrow.
I have had sizing issues with Design 1, hopefully finally resolved, and will be available soon. (hard to tell from the photo, but Design 1 is too narrow)

Cost is $16 each - no orders yet, I'll post in the Mall as soon as I'm ready to ship.

Thank you 2.5 for the excellent review and pictures! I really approecieate it.

Please let me know if there are any question - you can post here or PM.

Tim

[This message has been edited by trivet (edited 11-28-2016).]

trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2017 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally through the holidays and have resolved the sizing issues I've had with Design 1

I now have a limited supply of each badge ready to go - Now posted in the Mall.

Introductory price of $13 each. Once these are sold, I'll get another run produced. Looking into possibly more colors as well.

------------------
Tim
Bay City, MI

'87 GT original 2.8 V6
All Poly suspension, Eibach springs
Aussie Stage 2 side scoops
Deck scoop, Fiero Warehouse lip spoiler

[This message has been edited by trivet (edited 01-17-2017).]

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2017 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if i could get #2 with 3800 on top you would have my money.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2017 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He probably can do, but like everything expect a custom price. If I had an item for sale and someone ordered something special on it, the price would prob double or triple depending on what had to be done. If its just typing lettering on a computer, it may not.
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2017 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

if i could get #2 with 3800 on top you would have my money.

I might be doing some more styles/colors in the future, and possibly some custom badges, but they will be limited, and as Roger mentioned, a bit more expensive. I need to make 20-25 at a time to keep the cost reasonable. Not saying I can't do custom, it just might be cost prohibitive. If I can get enough interest to make a run of 10 or so, I could probably make it work.

I'll update the listing in the Mall when/if I add more options. Seems #2 (original Pegasus design) is the most popular, I'm almost out. So I will certainly be making another run of those, possibly with another color option.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock