Started on: 11-18-2016 08:53 PM
Replies: 23 (567 views)
Last post by: Fiero 88 on 11-20-2016 03:44 PM
DotTC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know this has been asked before, I think, years ago in the olden times.. but let me ask again. Many, many of ya'll have some pretty cool names for your cars. How did ya'l come up with these names, and what's the story behind them? If ya'll don't mind me asking, of course

------------------
1986 Fiero.. WorkInProgress.. :

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an aunt that is a nut.

I remember as a child she named her car and acted like it would drive itself to where it wanted to go.

I thought she was weird and the whole naming the car seemed nutty

so therefore my car has no name, and ones that do name their car, well are the same.

[This message has been edited by busa_powered (edited 11-18-2016).]

Fiero 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have never intentionally named a vehicle, however my DD is a 2013 Kia Soul that is typically referenced as "the toaster". No cool story, it just looks like a big red toaster.
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My '85 trans am has what is probably a common name, "Frankenstein". My mechanic dubbed it as such as we built it together. Bare essentials to run a 406 small block, interior customized with some second gen TA parts, all the best third gen options, as well as fourth gen seats and console. Interior looks stock with these goodies. Body work is my weak spot, so the panels I've replaced are various colors, predominantly white, primer, and black with a Daytona hood and factory window louvers. This car was a massive thorn in my side over 5 years and to this day eats starter motors like candy, though runs like a beast when I succeed in firing it up. Loudest car I've ever met despite a complete exhaust (3 inch magnaflow catback and cat hooked up to Edelbrock TES headers). The only original parts left of the car are the Borg Warner T5 tranny and BW 3.70 rear end. And no, I don't actively refer to my car by the aforementioned name, but most who know me, do.
DotTC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2016 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking more of Project names
mr_corean

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2016 05:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine's named POS. The wife named it that. Not sure the significance of it yet.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2016 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Project names?

There's only one that truly fits.....

'The Never ending Story'
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2016 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My first Fiero ('85 SE) was the Monkeymobile. Second was a purple '86 SE and was called the Grape Ape. I don't remember if the others had a name. My current '87 GT (with a n/a 3800/Getrag 5 speed) is called "For Sale".
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2016 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

My first Fiero ('85 SE) was the Monkeymobile. Second was a purple '86 SE and was called the Grape Ape. I don't remember if the others had a name. My current '87 GT (with a n/a 3800/Getrag 5 speed) is called "For Sale".

I have an 86SE that was formerly purple. Three owners ago, it always had one headlight raised. Hence the name everyone called it. "One-Eyed Purple People Eater".
Wonder if I have your old car?
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2016 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:
I have an 86SE that was formerly purple. Three owners ago, it always had one headlight raised. Hence the name everyone called it. "One-Eyed Purple People Eater".

Now that's cool. I hope the front wheels weren't toed in, and it hadn't lost a high or low tone horn. Come to think of it, where is the other horn on a Fiero? Anyway, get that Fiero up to 120MPH or so, and the song would fit perfectly. Due to internal GM politics, the Fiero is ”undergrowed”.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2016 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't call them names, but from time to time I need to distinguish between multiple fieros. When speaking with the wife, the descriptions are color based ("Red Fiero", "Black Fiero", etc). On the forum I usually refer to them by engine swap (4.3 CPI car, SBC/Getrag car, LS4/F40 car, etc).

My wife on the other hand does name here cars. Her Maxima was Skyler and her Murano is Giselle.
PFF
System Bot
Easy8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2016 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 86 GT is called Red Devil. First off it is red... shocker there. The devil part comes from all the evil it has thrown at me trying to get in back on the road. Every time I fixed a few things and though I was making progress the first thing I worked on would act up again. So Red Devil was born... and even though I have driven it for a couple of months with no issues it snuck one in and chewed the inner edge off both rear tires.... So next up is a full alignment, damn devil..

[This message has been edited by Easy8 (edited 11-19-2016).]

trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2016 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only car I ever named was my first (and only) new car. 1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo (1G DSM)
Insanely fast, absolutely gorgeous, and got me into some trouble. I called her Jezebel

[This message has been edited by trivet (edited 11-19-2016).]

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2016 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I called mine "Hornet 4.9" because of the color scheme (ignore the blue piece, lol). I had a PFF thread where people came up with suggestions for a name and a logo. I still need to re-mill the logo plate on the intake. My first attempt was a little rough. This engine will eventually be changing homes once I finish the longitudinal engine swap, but it'll keep the name/logo wherever it ends up.

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2016 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Blue 85GT is the Blue Demon...much of why is explained HERE.

But basically, the car has seemed possessed at times!
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2016 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 87 GT is the "Emerald Dragon". Chose the name because I liked green back in "94. Since then it's changed somewhat with help from Ryan Glick - Sinister Performance - 3.8 s/c install,. V-8 Archie - Suicide Doors (Great for a big guy to get in and out of). Mr Mike for custom seats. Flames by Chris Hale in Tampa. Airbrush work by various artists. Held Motorsprts suspension.

All the changes combined to make the car what it is today

The 87 Coupe convertible - Still have not figured that out yet.

See all in Daytona 2017 for a gather of friends.

------------------

Frank Martin
87 GT
3800 s/c - lowered with Held Motorsports suspension - Suicide Doors by Archie
Custom Paint
Fun To Drive Daily Driver

87 Convertible
Sunshine Car

[This message has been edited by Dragon (edited 11-19-2016).]

AstroBDean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2016 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AstroBDeanSend a Private Message to AstroBDeanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I called mine The Silver Bullett. After the paint job I've started calling it Mr. Yuck. I did have a '98 del Sol that had a passenger door that the window and the interior lever handle didn't work on. It was given a nickname that made reference to the inability of a young lady to escape the vehicle (not by me). You already get made fun of for driving a del Sol, but it's insult to injury when your co-workers say you drive the "rapemobile"
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2016 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Wonder if I have your old car?

Nope. I bought it (non running) in Chicago (or one of the suburbs) and sold it to..........crap, I can't think of his name. (I'll recognize his name when I hear it.) Anyway, he put a Camaro dash in it then pulled the body off (?) because the frame had rusted out. I think he even repainted it a different shade of purple.
Lunatic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2016 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LunaticSend a Private Message to LunaticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Northstar powered VW Golf was aptly named, Volkstar by my best friend. I guess it stuck because that's what he calls it whenever he comes over.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2016 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What ever obscenity scream at it while chucking a wrench at the wall.
DotTC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2016 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AstroBDean:

I called mine The Silver Bullett. After the paint job I've started calling it Mr. Yuck. I did have a '98 del Sol that had a passenger door that the window and the interior lever handle didn't work on. It was given a nickname that made reference to the inability of a young lady to escape the vehicle (not by me). You already get made fun of for driving a del Sol, but it's insult to injury when your co-workers say you drive the "rapemobile"

That is disturbing, and hilarious all at the same time.
PFF
System Bot
AstroBDean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2016 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AstroBDeanSend a Private Message to AstroBDeanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dragon:

My 87 GT is the "Emerald Dragon".

This made my day. I wanted to go with either " Emerald Dragon" or "Jade Dragon" but my S/O kept making fun that it sounded like a Chinese restaurant. Love it.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2016 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought about calling my blue fastback "Cookie Monster". The color is appropriate. (But what I really had in mind was a tribute to Cookie, our departed Boxer mix.)
The white coupe is "The Ghost in the Machine."
I occasionally refer to my Silverado as "Pig Red" or "The schooner".

My wife calls her Honda Odyssey "Darla", or "the dogmobile".
Fiero 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2016 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AstroBDean:

It was given a nickname that made reference to the inability of a young lady to escape the vehicle (not by me). You already get made fun of for driving a del Sol, but it's insult to injury when your co-workers say you drive the "rapemobile"

Sounds like a jump to conclusions nickname a girl in my high school got for her car. I believe the story went she was backing slowly out of a spot and might have made contact with an elementary kid on a subatomic level, kid completely unharmed or even phased yet her car was known as "The Kid Killer".

------------------
Past:
1988 base coupe sold
1984 base coupe rust
Present:
1986 SE 2m6

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors