Hosed by Home Depot by Chris_narf
Started on: 11-14-2016 03:15 PM
Replies: 33 (1112 views)
Last post by: Chris_narf on 12-07-2016 08:34 PM
Chris_narf

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the short version:

I did a kitchen remodel with Home Depot. They said that all of the work was done by Home Depot employee's and not subcontracted out. They also said the reason why Home Depot stands apart from hiring someone else is because they are a national chain that will stand behind their work.

That's not exactly true. Everything was subcontracted out, the only Home Depot employee was the sales guy.

The work was really good until we got the new quartz counters, which was subcontracted out to Hallmark Stone in St. Louis, MO.

Unfortunately, I didn't see them cut the counters and I didn't notice what had happened until after they had left since it was on a work day during business hours. From what I can tell, they must have had the discharge port of the saw right next to the car.

For reference, here's the passenger side, which was mostly unaffected. It shows what the paint used to look like on the driver's side.

From what I can tell, I need a new windshield (it got scratched) and the paint needs to be buffed back out. I washed the car, but the paint is all cloudy where they "shot" the car. <sigh> There might be some damage to the sail panel and tail lights, which might need buffed as well. Hallmark Stone made a cash settlement for 50% of the estimated cost of repairs. Home Depot refuses to stand behind it and their insurance company flatly refuses to stand behind it.

So I've sent everything over to my attorney, but in the mean time, I still need to get the car fixed. I'm trying to find an LOF or PPG windshield, but I'm not having any luck. Does anyone have any leads??? If I have to go the Safelite route I will, but I really don't want to do that. Oh, and learn from my mistake if you need to spend slightly used Lexus money and hire something done for your house.

------------------
-Chris
'85 V6 SE 4sp (SOLD)
'88 GT - Series 3 SC3800 w/ 3.5" pulley, 1.8" rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.5" intake, 3.29 gearing. Installed and tuned by Sinister Performance
'99 Kawasaki Vulcan 500, owned since new
'09 G37x Sedan w/ Premium & Nav (wife's car)
'13 G37xS Sedan (new daily driver)
'14 Yamaha FJR - 0-60 in 2.8s w/ 34MPG!!!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris_narf:

From what I can tell, they must have had the discharge port of the saw right next to the car...

It's simply unbelievable how stupid some people can be.

Hope you can get this resolved to your satisfaction.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is no limit to the stupidity of some people.

I'm sorry for your trouble. Unfortunately, this is not an isolated case with either company. While I know of no other Fieros damaged, they damage everything else. I avoid Home Depot. Their part-time employees generally don't know much, and couldn't care less. True Value has been much more knowledgeable.

For Home Depot's work, it doesn't matter if the work is HVAC, windows, doors, flooring, wiring, roofing, appliance installs, or whatever. The outsourced company is usually one that must frequently change its name.

Unfortunately, Home Depot isn't alone in treating its customers like dirt. It's an attitude some people have. If Home Depot treated their employees better, perhaps their attitude would improve.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who did you contract with? Who did you pay the money to? Your contract was probably with Home Depot and they would be liable in that instance. Your contract will have their name at the top, signed by their salesman or representative. That's where you should look for indemnity.

If the sub says they're only responsible for 50%, file a claim against HD in small claims court and subpoena the sub as a witness to that effect. Or name them as co-defendants and let they and HD cut one another's throat in court.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 11-14-2016).]

85fieroguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fieroguySend a Private Message to 85fieroguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had some neighbors work at Home Depot. Were treated like crap AND LEFT AFTER AWHILE. BUT..there are some great people working at my close store, and ALSO usually leave after awhile. CAN'T BELIEVE THE STUPIDITY OF THOSE PEOPLE RUINING YOUR CAR !!!!.
Chris_narf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Who did you contract with? Who did you pay the money to? Your contract was probably with Home Depot and they would be liable in that instance. Your contract will have their name at the top, signed by their salesman or representative. That's where you should look for indemnity.

If the sub says they're only responsible for 50%, file a claim against HD in small claims court and subpoena the sub as a witness to that effect. Or name them as co-defendants and let they and HD cut one another's throat in court.

You read my mind. That's exactly what I told my lawyer. I signed a contract with Home Depot, not Hallmark Stone. The lawyer is going to look at the contract, but the way Kansas law reads, it may be tough to go after Home Depot. I know I'll have better luck of actually getting the full value of the claim if I go after both parties.

What I can't figure out is the damage estimate was only around the $1300-1400 mark. I'm amazed they are putting this much effort into fighting something that was clearly their fault.

Don from Hallmark Stone literately said, "I talked to the owner and we know how the insurance companies reach their percentages." You messed up someone else's car, you KNOW it's your fault.... and you think it's "reasonable" to offer 50% of a damage estimate???? REALLY???

busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You couldn't have rolled it into the garage or covered it?

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by busa_powered:

Anticipating a bag-less exhaust system on a dry rock cutting machine aimed in exactly the right (wrong) direction?
Chris_narf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

x

I would have gladly moved it or covered it myself if I knew they were doing something that stupid. The car was already parked in the driveway. They chose where they parked their truck and also chose where they decided to cut the countertop. I was in my office working, you know, doing that thing that is actually paying for this stuff. I found the damage later that night after work and when I went outside and about blew a gasket.
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you have truly retained an attorney you need to delete this thread.
MadProfessor8138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadProfessor8138Send a Private Message to MadProfessor8138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm probably going to get flamed for this but here's my 2 cents......
I've ran a granite,marble and quartz fabrication shop for almost 15 years now,so I'm speaking with a little bit of knowledge on this subject.
1. Home Depot has NO FABRICATION EMPLOYEES PERIOD !!!....They use subcontractors for fabrication or order the pieces from China and then have subcontractors do the install.
I've made a good living fixing their mistakes.
2. Why the hell did the subcontractor cut your counter tops on site?
Why weren't they templates and then cut in the shop with the Gantry Saw...I use a Yukon 2 in my shop.
The only thing that,should ever need cut on site is drilling the holes for the faucet/air gap and cutting the splashes to final length.
3. Dusting someone's property is to be avoided at all costs.....but it does happen unfortunately....the wind loves to play games.
4. Even with Quartz,that sort of damage SHOULD NOT have been done to your vehicle.....fine powder that can be washed off YES...embedded in your paint NO.
The only conceivable way I can even imagine that type of damage was done to your vehicle is if they literally set their saw up a foot or so from your car and was spraying your car as they cut.
The dust while cutting is very hot......possibly hot enough to melt into your paint and plastic.

Is the powder embedded/burnt into your paint and plastic?
PFF
System Bot
MadProfessor8138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadProfessor8138Send a Private Message to MadProfessor8138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MadProfessor8138

351 posts
Member since May 2015
One more thing for you to think over....
Most Granite shops stay out of each other's business because customers tend to play one against the other....but I'm gonna help you out a little.
The subcontractor has already slapped you in the face twice now....first by dusting your vehicle and secondly by offering you a settlement that they think you're dumb enough to take.
Here's your info to give to your lawyer.....free of charge because ME LOVES OUR FIEROS.
Have your lawyer contact the manufacturer of the quartz used...CeaserStone/Silestone...etc.
Quartz comes with an MSDS sheet and usually a sticker on each slab ,red/yellow....it's to be cut wet and also respirators are to be worn due to the carcinogens released in the dust....it WILL kill you through inhalation of the dust.
If the EPA knew that someone is cutting that stuff dry and out in the open where the public could be exposed to it............
The EPA investigator would back up about 10-15 yards so he could get a running start at them while breaking it off in their asses.....
There's your leverage.....
Hope everything works out for you.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I was replacing all the cabinets throughout the house, along with countertops, I went to Home Depot. They told me they had contractors that they had qualified and they would select the contractors to install the cabinets and countertops. They wouldn't tell me who those contractors were. Because they didn't have solid wood cabinets, I went to an individual who built my custom oak cabinetry. I called Home Depot again to get a list of their recommended plumbers. They wouldn't tell me unless I hired Home Depot to let the contract.

Same response when I bought hardwood flooring at a flooring warehouse and was seeking an installer. They wouldn't tell me because they wouldn't allow their contractors to install flooring they didn't sell.

The Mad Professor gives some good information. My Corian countertops were cut at the seller/distributor's shop and the corners bonded. The only thing cut at my home was the kitchen backsplash because they didn't include it on the order, and the sink cutouts.

MadProfessor8138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2016 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadProfessor8138Send a Private Message to MadProfessor8138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The reason you couldn't get a name for an installer or plumber is quite simple.
If they gave up the name then you would just bypass them and go straight to the source that's going to do your work for you.....they wouldn't get their cut of the money.
Most of the stores have a nice racket going on.....they take the orders,have their subcontractor do the work,get the majority of the money while feeding their sunbcontractor peanuts and if anything goes wrong...they throw the subcontractor under the bus and hold him liable.
It's a win win for the stores...they get the money,do none of the work and turn their backs if any trouble arises.
Welcome to America....the home of BIG BUSINESS.

[This message has been edited by MadProfessor8138 (edited 11-15-2016).]

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2016 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadProfessor8138:

If the EPA knew that someone is cutting that stuff dry and out in the open where the public could be exposed to it............

This could turn into a Class Action if the installers have been doing this for a long time.
Chris_narf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2016 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Based on the pattern of spray on the car, I _think_ they wet curt the quartz. The lawyers get to debate the finer points. I just hope that others can use my experience to help them if they have to do something similar in the future.

Here's what I need help with:
1.) I know I'll need to replace the trim around the windshield. I can easily get that from The Fiero Store.
2.) I need to find a new windshield; there's a scratch right in the line of sight of the driver. I can find windshields from Safelite, but I can't find anything from LOF or PPG. I know folks have found these in the past, but they are getting very very very hard to find.
3.) I know the windshield doesn't use the "normal" adhiesive to secure it since it's actually structural. What is the structural adhesive called? (i.e., what do I need to tell the tech to order)

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2016 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Based on the pattern of spray on the car, I _think_ they wet curt the quartz. The lawyers get to debate the finer points. I just hope that others can use my experience to help them if they have to do something similar in the future.

Here's what I need help with:
1.) I know I'll need to replace the trim around the windshield. I can easily get that from The Fiero Store.
2.) I need to find a new windshield; there's a scratch right in the line of sight of the driver. I can find windshields from Safelite, but I can't find anything from LOF or PPG. I know folks have found these in the past, but they are getting very very very hard to find.
3.) I know the windshield doesn't use the "normal" adhiesive to secure it since it's actually structural. What is the structural adhesive called? (i.e., what do I need to tell the tech to order)

One thing I will comment one about buying the trim from the Fiero Store - I did this in the past and when I went to have a new windshield installed they didn't recommend using it. The Fiero Store had coiled it up to ship it and it and as such damaged the edges (wasn't smooth or lay flat anymore). Ended up just having them install some that they had in stock (they had an exact match). They also had PPG glass to install (or at least their supplier did) - but I am in Canada so not sure that would help.
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2016 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here's the short version:

I did a kitchen remodel with Home Depot. They said that all of the work was done by Home Depot employee's and not subcontracted out. They also said the reason why Home Depot stands apart from hiring someone else is because they are a national chain that will stand behind their work.

That's not exactly true. Everything was subcontracted out, the only Home Depot employee was the sales guy.

The work was really good until we got the new quartz counters, which was subcontracted out to Hallmark Stone in St. Louis, MO.

Unfortunately, I didn't see them cut the counters and I didn't notice what had happened until after they had left since it was on a work day during business hours. From what I can tell, they must have had the discharge port of the saw right next to the car.

So I've sent everything over to my attorney, but in the mean time, I still need to get the car fixed. I'm trying to find an LOF or PPG windshield, but I'm not having any luck. Does anyone have any leads??? If I have to go the Safelite route I will, but I really don't want to do that. Oh, and learn from my mistake if you need to spend slightly used Lexus money and hire something done for your house.

I have 2 here, but here is Maine
Chris_narf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2016 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now THAT'S information I can act on. How long ago did you get your windshield replaced and who did you use in Canada? I have family in Alberta, so I could make something work, it just might be super expensive.

That's also good info on the molding. If I can find a match locally, that would be great, but not sure if I can.
Chris_narf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2016 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chris_narf

641 posts
Member since May 2002

Originally posted by fieroparts.com:

I have 2 here, but here is Maine

2 windshields or the windshield trim?

------------------
-Chris
'85 V6 SE 4sp (SOLD)
'88 GT - Series 3 SC3800 w/ 3.5" pulley, 1.8" rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.5" intake, 3.29 gearing. Installed and tuned by Sinister Performance

busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2016 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update from the attorney???!!!!!!!????
PFF
System Bot
Chris_narf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2016 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's where I'm at:
Windshield - fieroparts.com has one. I'm working on seeing how much it will cost to ship.
Windshield moulding - I can only find this at The Fiero Store. No luck on finding NOS
Buffing - Found a good place to do it. Getting ti done on Monday, will take 2 days.
Lawyer - The "letter" that'll be going out to folks has been written. I'm waiting to see how much it'll cost to ship the windshield... and if it survives shipping. After they get the letter, they have x days to respond. If I either don't get a response or the response isn't what I'm looking for, I drag them all to small claims court.
Drewbdo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2016 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrewbdoSend a Private Message to DrewbdoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here's where I'm at:
Windshield - fieroparts.com has one. I'm working on seeing how much it will cost to ship.
Windshield moulding - I can only find this at The Fiero Store. No luck on finding NOS
Buffing - Found a good place to do it. Getting ti done on Monday, will take 2 days.
Lawyer - The "letter" that'll be going out to folks has been written. I'm waiting to see how much it'll cost to ship the windshield... and if it survives shipping. After they get the letter, they have x days to respond. If I either don't get a response or the response isn't what I'm looking for, I drag them all to small claims court.

If you don't get resolution from Home Depot, I think I'd also hit them where it hurts... by posting photos of this all over the HD Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. That is absolutely ridiculous!
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2016 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent

HD does't care about threats!

A few years ago i had 3300.00 of new appliance stolen from one of rental houses in Florida. The carpet installers HD sends out, they had come back to repair the crapy carpet work they did. They were the only ones that had the key. That same night they were gone. They were nice enough to lock the door as they left. HD told me to go f my self. After the sheriff investigated, they had determined the carpet installers did not do it, but they sure know who did. They all had the same alibi, they were all at the same party at the same time. What they did is have someone else go and take the stuff, knowing they will be investigated and questioned.

[This message has been edited by fieroparts.com (edited 02-12-2017).]

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2016 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First and most egregious mistake ---- ordering cabinets from a big box retailer ....................... Good luck with the claim you will need it.
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2016 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
from what you wrote, it sounds like you paid an attorney to write up a demand letter.

I doubt you will go to court, probably will settle.

good luck
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-18-2016 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should leave it alone...

Were the scratches in the driver side window there before this? I have done a ton of this stuff, and I do not see where you have anything other than wind blown over spray?

Did you wipe off the quarter window while dry? And the paint in the areas that are wiped off?

Was the stone cut wet, or did it rain?

ONLY commenting/asking on things that I can see in the pics. NOT bashing your claim. Just talking.
Chris_narf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Were the scratches in the driver side window there before this? I have done a ton of this stuff, and I do not see where you have anything other than wind blown over spray?

The scratches on the driver's side window were already there. That was damage from the dew wipes before the previous owner replaced them. Hallmark isn't responsible for that.

Did you wipe off the quarter window while dry? And the paint in the areas that are wiped off?

Initial wipe on the sail panel was with the edge of the palm of my hand... it was dark and I wasn't sure what it was at the time.

Was the stone cut wet, or did it rain?

I _think_ it was cut wet. Since I didn't watch them make the cuts (otherwise this stuff would NOT have happened), I can't be sure though.

What I can't get to show up right in pics after I cleaned it (with water) is that the paint in the areas they shot looks "hazy" in the sun light. If you've ever buffed a car with medium compound, it looks like that.
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now THAT'S information I can act on. How long ago did you get your windshield replaced and who did you use in Canada? I have family in Alberta, so I could make something work, it just might be super expensive.

That's also good info on the molding. If I can find a match locally, that would be great, but not sure if I can.

Bought and had it installed 2 years ago at Benchmark Glass and Mirror here in Edmonton - of course that was a couple years ago.

But looks like you have to all figured out.

GLFTC on HD

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 11-18-2016).]

Puckhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2016 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PuckheadSend a Private Message to PuckheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroparts.com:

pm sent

HD does't care about threats!

A few years ago i had 3300.00 of new appliance stolen from one of rental houses in Florida. The carpet installers they had come in to replace the carpet did. They were the only ones that had the key. That same night they were gone. They were nice enough to lock the door as they left. HD told me to go f my self. After the sheriff investigated, they had determined the carpet installers did not do it, but they sure know who did. They all had the same alibi, they were all at the same party at the same time. What they did is have someone else go and take the stuff, knowing they will be investigated and questioned.

Why in the name of God would you give unsupervised access to a house with valuables in it. Blame HD if thats what gets you to sleep at night, but, you earned that one. It's like parking a car in a major city at night with a new laptop on the front seat and being surprised at it getting stolen.

DotTC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Puckhead:

Why in the name of God would you give unsupervised access to a house with valuables in it. Blame HD if thats what gets you to sleep at night, but, you earned that one. It's like parking a car in a major city at night with a new laptop on the front seat and being surprised at it getting stolen.

blaming the victim in a crime is always a good choice.
PFF
System Bot
Chris_narf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2016 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Because this is a journey and y'all get to come along too, here's where we're at.

I found a really good detailing shop not that far away, Extreme Detail out of Olathe, KS. It took a couple of days, but they did a great job and it the paint came out really good. They actually had this finished up the day before Thanksgiving; I wish I would have a grabbed pictures then.

I'm happy with the result and would recommend their services.

I ordered the windshield trim from The Fiero Store and am setup to get the windshield replaced on Friday. I'm also getting the new driver and passenger door glass that I ordered from ProSource installed at the same time along with new felt guides. My dew wipes are still in good shape. They were replaced by the previous owner before I purchased the car.

------------------
-Chris
'85 V6 SE 4sp (SOLD)

busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2016 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What about the attorney, what did they do for you?????

Who paid for the detailing you just had done?
Chris_narf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2016 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What about the attorney, what did they do for you?????

Who paid for the detailing you just had done?

Based on the way the contract read, going after Home Depot would be very very difficult. I can confirm that the lawyers are in contact with Hallmark Stone and their insurance company. Hallmark Stone's position really isn't defendable. Beyond that, I can't comment. I _will_ get paid, but this isn't a short process. Each party has X amount of days to make an official response.

All work being done right now is coming out of my pocket.

[This message has been edited by Chris_narf (edited 12-07-2016).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock