Started on: 11-11-2016 10:57 AM
Replies: 8 (344 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 11-15-2016 06:31 PM
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2016 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2016 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They gave that big boat rebodied Fiero quite a positive write up. It may be an oddity but the Zimmer's were very heavy 3600 lbs, handled poorly, were sluggish performers (all were autos with power steering) and had an appearance similar to a Chrysler New Yorker. Many people felt that it was the perfect car for the pimp. There may be some collector value to this once overpriced 2 seat monstrosity but how many want to own such a thing? They should have at least provided a V8 or stronger engine for $42,000.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2016 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm surprised that they didn't remark on how the Fiero was such an absolute disaster- like back in the 80s whenever Car & Drivel tested it.....Apparently, the number one thing on the C/D "to-do" list back in the 80s was to kill the Fiero......Maybe they need to fire the guy who wrote that article- he obviously didn't get the memo....
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2016 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would so ROCK the pimp-mobile that is the Quicksliver...
Honestly, the work that company put into those Fieros was simply amazing.. Wayyyy more work than the MERA.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indyellowgt:

I would so ROCK the pimp-mobile that is the Quicksliver...
Honestly, the work that company put into those Fieros was simply amazing.. Wayyyy more work than the MERA.

The Zimmers were priced as large Luxury cars but being built on a Fiero chassis it misses the point. Luxury cars are typically 4 door. The Quicksilver is a big long heavy car built on a small 2 seat sports car chassis with maybe 130 HP after you deduct the drain of the power steering. They perform like a slug, are not aerodynamic and with the 3 speed auto, they gave you maybe 18 hwy mpg if you were lucky. This car begs for V8 or 3800SC power and a four speed automatic.. If it had one of these powerplants it would be a far more attractive collectible. Right now I see this car as just a kit car curio piece with 1980's styling.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

Fiero 88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps I'm the only one, but I think that thing is hideous. It looks to fit together nicely and I've certainly seen much worse rebodies, but that style is a bit too Cruella DeVille for me.

------------------
Past:
1988 base coupe sold
1984 base coupe rust
Present:
1986 SE 2m6

trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2016 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero 88:

Perhaps I'm the only one, but I think that thing is hideous. It looks to fit together nicely and I've certainly seen much worse rebodies, but that style is a bit too Cruella DeVille for me.

Agreed - a lot of work went into what looks like an 66-67 Oldsmobile Toronada wannbe. I can appreciate the workmanship, but I can't get on board with the styling. That being said, I would still love to see one in person.

[This message has been edited by trivet (edited 11-15-2016).]

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2016 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Always reminded me of the big, 2-door "personal luxury" cars of the 60s and early 70s.

Such a long hood. I wonder what's under it? Can't remember ever seeing pics.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2016 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Always reminded me of the big, 2-door "personal luxury" cars of the 60s and early 70s.

Such a long hood. I wonder what's under it? Can't remember ever seeing pics.

I have seen the Zimmer Quicksilver close up wire wheels and all. Under the hood of that massive long heavy front end (BTW, the large bumpers were steel) lies a huge trunk. I guess that the creator of this car figured that the large trunk would appeal to owners who would take long trips with a good amount of luggage. I would assume that the people that paid $40,000 for this large heavy car did not know that they were buying a re-bodied Pontiac Fiero. I am also of the opinion that this car is an absolutely hideous looking abomination but they sold over 200 of them!! Figure that out- $40,000 in 1987 money !!!!!! We'll at least they included the black hat with the white feather
------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 11-15-2016).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock