Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  where can I find plastic windshield beading?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
where can I find plastic windshield beading? by Francis T
Started on: 10-27-2016 06:42 PM
Replies: 5 (446 views)
Last post by: Fiero_Adam on 10-28-2016 11:56 PM
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2016 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Repainting my 87GT; we removed the ratty looking press-in plastic molding and now I can't seem to locate any!
--------

[This message has been edited by Francis T (edited 10-27-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2016 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Safelite now has three widths available. Don't know if they would sell it by itself, however.
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2016 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierostore has them.

http://www.fierostore.com/P...20%20FRONT&d=307&p=1

It is held in place with the urethane from the windshield, you may have trouble installing it without removing the windshield and re-gluing it.
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2016 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys.
I just ordered it from TFS.
BTW my friend use to work for safelight and they claim not to have any? More likely, they don't want to sell it.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post10-28-2016 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Francis T:

Thanks guys.
I just ordered it from TFS.
BTW my friend use to work for safelight and they claim not to have any? More likely, they don't want to sell it.

When I had my window put in, they said it came with the window, and I got there and it didn't and had a local Chevy dealer hunt it down.. it came from way down south..
No one had any local... They had 2 at that dealership down south so I bought both.. TFS would've been much cheaper than the g.m. part.. oh well.. to late now
Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2016 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saw this, but I guess you already ordered. I have some extra of the original width. The sunroof uses the same kind of molding.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock