Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  My '88 GT finally gets to meet a very nice '86 GT!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
My '88 GT finally gets to meet a very nice '86 GT! by railshot
Started on: 10-23-2016 10:55 AM
Replies: 2 (188 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 10-23-2016 09:46 PM
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2016 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yesterday I had the opportunity to meet up with pff member scottd to give him some parts he needed.
Great guy and a very nice white 86 GT.

You did good with your purchase, very clean car!
Made mine look like a neglected orphan, but that will change with time. LOL

Here are a couple shots of the first ever Richmond Illinois Taco Bell Fiero Meet!

The more I look at these pictures, the more I think my spoiler is going to be white when I get it painted.
I like the look better. A little less boy racer and classier.

Wish I could have stayed and chatted longer.
More to come out of this meeting I hope.

------------------
There's one in every crowd, and usually it's me.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2016 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A white spoiler or something else to balance it.

Your '88 doesn't look badly. Of course, I'm several states away. Keeping the engine bay clean is difficult.

Sometimes, I wonder what a goven Fiero looked like, from the factory. I mean, did the panels line up any differently, the lights set differently, the trim fit better, or was there less sag? If you fix/adjust/change these things, is the car still stock?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2016 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Sometimes, I wonder what a given Fiero looked like, from the factory. I mean, did the panels line up any differently, the lights set differently, the trim fit better, or was there less sag? ...

My first Fiero was an '85 GT that I bought new in '85. It sat very high, relative to what you would expect.
Build quality was NOT stellar. Typical GM. My driver's side window didn't even fit the weather seal correctly. The dealer service department made it worse.
The positives were that it started out with no miles, and had shiny paint, and no warping on the interior pieces or bumper covers.
(It also liked to stall with the A/C on. I found out, very recently, that it was a problem common to '85 V6 cars. The fix was a replacement ECM.)

Truth be told, I'm probably happier with the Fieros that I have bought used, and built up like I want.

Here's the '85.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-23-2016).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock