Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Kudo's to the Fiero store for new Fuel sending unit!!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Kudo's to the Fiero store for new Fuel sending unit!! by Curtisk1060
Started on: 09-19-2016 06:32 PM
Replies: 2 (357 views)
Last post by: Luke on 09-21-2016 12:27 PM
Curtisk1060

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2016 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Curtisk1060Send a Private Message to Curtisk1060Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just installed a new fuel level sending unit in my sons 87GT from TFS and I have to say, it worked out very well. The range of the new potentiometer was 1.9 ohms at bottom, and 91.2 ohms at full. The end result was a near perfect reading once installed. I had Justin of TFS check before shipment and the results were impressive. The only thing I would suggest if you install the new unit and/or fuel pump would be to go to a GM dealer to get an original o-ring as they have three side pieces formed in the o-ring and an internal wire support that keeps its shape and centers it perfectly upon installation vs. the typical, and supplied o-ring. It just eliminates any chances of a leak. I wish TFS would stock those as they are truly the "stock" replacement o-ring. Very happy with the results for this sending unit however, as it seemed to be of good quality. It is definitely better than the previous model...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2016 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good, glad to hear to reads correctly
Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2016 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good feedback/ info...+ rating for you

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock