Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I thought the striped seats were only in '84 SE models?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
I thought the striped seats were only in '84 SE models? by David Hambleton
Started on: 09-16-2016 10:01 PM
Replies: 20 (425 views)
Last post by: Dylpro on 09-21-2016 12:24 PM
David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2016 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The ad below shows the striped seats but from an '85 GT. I thought the striped seats were only in '84 SE models. Maybe they were swapped in earlier... Confirmation anyone?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-clas...hNavigationFlag=true
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2016 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And I thought only the 84's had the speakers.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2016 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seat speakers were '85 as well; discontinued in favour of B pillar speakers in '86.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2016 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Striped seats were 84 SE only. There were gray AND tan versions.

I love how he only shows the headrests and not the side bolsters.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2016 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

I thought the striped seats were only in '84 SE models.

No, not at all. I have them in my '88 Formula.
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2016 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some Canadian repo code 2m4 and 2m6 and 85 gts had a lighter center seat colour on both the grey and tan options. The actual striping was only for the 84's.
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2016 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My old '84 SE had plain grey with speakers no stripe
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2016 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad GT:

My old '84 SE had plain grey with speakers no stripe

Did you buy it new?
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2016 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

David Hambleton

1581 posts
Member since Nov 2012

Originally posted by Patrick:

Lol! My '86 has speakers in the seats and in the B pillars. Special GTA option...

andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2016 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the non striped version better anyway.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2016 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wouldn't come stock that way though, which I think is what the question is.
PFF
System Bot
edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2016 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

The ad below shows the striped seats but from an '85 GT. I thought the striped seats were only in '84 SE models. Maybe they were swapped in earlier... Confirmation anyone?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-clas...hNavigationFlag=true

Some people do not even know what they are trying to sell ,so just because it says 85 in the ad does not make it so.

[This message has been edited by edfiero (edited 09-20-2016).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2016 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Wouldn't come stock that way though, which I think is what the question is.

Duh... you think so?

My response to what I quoted was truthful and accurate.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-19-2016).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2016 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The seats only came with the 84 stripe in 1984

The 1985 Canadian cars came with the same seats as the American ones. The SE seats be it a 2M4 SE or 2M6 SE were two tone dark bolsters and lighter centers.

The Canadian cars only got metric dashes and a little more gas as part of the export RPO nothing more and nothing less. I have a Canadian car and confirmed this with GM of Canada a while back.

Any 84 seat in anything but an 84 has had the seats changed.

The one thing with the Fiero is it was built at a time when things were pretty uniform and you are not going to find many oddities that can be documented. There are a few but very few and even less that are documented. GM at this time did not vary much on any of their cars like they did years ago with cars like the Chevy COPO and Pontiac Special Order cars.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2016 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lol! I could have added "when they left the factory", but who wants to spoil Patrick's fun? Nothing wrong with a little comedic relief!

I try to keep my 3 cars "Fiero stock" but there's IBM stuff from different years in each of them...

I got 2 excellent seats for my '84 SE from a wreckers that advertised the car as an '85. It wasn't, as evidenced by other things including the VIN, so it turned out perfect for me!
More Installed By Me stuff.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2016 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Duh... you think so?

Wouldn't want to mislead the newbies.
Dylpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2016 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure if my seats are original or not, but they are kind of odd. They're not '84 as they don't have the stripe. They're standard seats, no lumbar control or anything.

Here's where they get weird. They don't have headrest speakers but underneath the material you can feel the holes for where the headrest speakers would go. No perforations in the headrest though. Even more strange, all sorts of wires come out the bottom of both my seats that do not appear to hook up to anything.

[This message has been edited by Dylpro (edited 09-21-2016).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2016 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dylpro:

Not sure if my seats are original or not, but they are kind of odd. They're not '84 as they don't have the stripe. They're standard seats, no lumbar control or anything.

Here's where they get weird. They don't have headrest speakers but underneath the material you can feel the holes for where the headrest speakers would go. No perforations in the headrest though. Even more strange, all sorts of wires come out the bottom of both my seats that do not appear to hook up to anything.

If I recall the seats in a radio delete or base AM car did not have seat speakers which is rare. Not positive there if someone can correct me.

The other thing is they could be recovered too.

We would have to see them to tell. No seats till late in the game had adjustable lumbar and then only in the GT.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2016 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What year and model car?
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2016 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Only SE models left the factory with striped seats. The cloth on your seats may have been changed.
Seat bottoms & backs can be changed independently and from one side to the other.
Lots of combinations could exist since all seats fit all years.

Dylpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2016 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Should've mentioned it's a Formula which is why the cutouts for the speakers surprised me. Could just be a Frankenstein seat though.

I'll see if I can snap a picture later today.

[This message has been edited by Dylpro (edited 09-21-2016).]

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock