Is this the new "Fiero"? by Ray_and_kevin
Started on: 07-30-2016 10:26 PM
Replies: 44 (896 views)
Last post by: ITALGT on 08-04-2016 05:47 PM
Ray_and_kevin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2016 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ray_and_kevinSend a Private Message to Ray_and_kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just saw this on Yahoo news:
http://www.cheatsheet.com/a...t-just-outed.html/2/

The picture on page 2 sure looks a lot like a slightly newer Fiero. I guess we can always dream!!! They *do* need to fix the front end though because the Fiero GT is a much better looking car.

A friend who worked on Fieros in some capacity at Pontiac says that the turbo 4 cylinder that was supposed to be the 1989 Fiero was killed because it blew away the Corvette of the day.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ray_and_kevin:

A friend who worked on Fieros in some capacity at Pontiac says that the turbo 4 cylinder that was supposed to be the 1989 Fiero was killed because it blew away the Corvette of the day.

Corvette guys are B#$%ches and could not ever have a GM car beat out their mid-life-crisis. It really was the "vette people" that held back the Fiero, they even had a plaque made saying "they catch on fire" that went under the Fiero radio inside the car. Pathetic huh.?.?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

... they even had a plaque made saying "they catch on fire" that went under the Fiero radio inside the car.

What?!
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-31-2016 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just like in all the previous threads about the theoretical new mid-engine Vette, no, it is not a new "Fiero." There isn't going to be a new Fiero, and GM has had several mid/rear-engined Vette prototypes over the last 50 years, both before and after the Fiero ever existed.

The mid-engine Vette supposedly coming out next year will be nothing like a Fiero. It will be a lot more like the new NSX than like anything that ever came off a GM production line in the past.

That pic which I think you're referring to looks nothing like a "slightly newer Fiero." What it looks like is a stretched C3 Vette.
f85gtron

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for f85gtronSend a Private Message to f85gtronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
....besides, even if it was a fiero as designed, at this point, they'd still name it a vette anyways. Gm won't let anything get close to their cash cows.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea, that silver Vette is a mid-engine concept, from late sixties-early seventies. Definitely before Fiero was a twinkle in Hulki's eyes.

Bob
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That 1973 Aerovette is one of my favorite concept cars.....I especially liked the bi-fold doors...Similar to gullwings but they fold in half so they clear cars next to you. I have a 1/25 model that I need to put together....

By the way, the reason the styling of the new Vette sucks is because the guy who styled it was the same guy who "Styled" the pontiac Aztek....Bleaaah!
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[B]Originally posted by cvxjet:[/B
By the way, the reason the styling of the new Vette sucks is because the guy who styled it was the same guy who "Styled" the pontiac Aztek....Bleaaah!

Really?!?!?! That guy still works for GM?!?!?! If ever there was an employee who should have been fired.....
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-31-2016 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

That 1973 Aerovette is one of my favorite concept cars.....I especially liked the bi-fold doors...Similar to gullwings but they fold in half so they clear cars next to you. I have a 1/25 model that I need to put together....

He's only one of three people who worked on the design. The design really doesn't have anything to do with the Aztek. The C7 looks the way it does because the industry is all about sharp edges and aggressive looks these days, and combined with all the aerodynamic work on the Vette, you end up with something like the C7, given those constraints.

Heck, in 1982 everyone complained about the new ugly Vette too. And then again in 1997. This sure isn't the first time for that.
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2016 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:
He's only one of three people who worked on the design. The design really doesn't have anything to do with the Aztek. The C7 looks the way it does because the industry is all about sharp edges and aggressive looks these days, and combined with all the aerodynamic work on the Vette, you end up with something like the C7, given those constraints.

Heck, in 1982 everyone complained about the new ugly Vette too. And then again in 1997. This sure isn't the first time for that.

I don't think the new vette is ugly. I wasn't sure at first but in person I like it! I'm just surprised anyone working on the Aztec is still emplowed at GM.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2016 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dobey is correct; The industry has gone to sharp creased sheet metal designs.....Almost as bad as when the Ford wiped out the Taurus with that Fish-bowl design.....Good design should be a mixture of sharp lines and curves....Not one extreme or another; The big problem I have with the new Vette is that after 50 years of having a wrap-around rear window(OK, the 68-77 had the sunken back-lite), they have now thrown away the heritage and basically copied the GT-R with a fastback w/side windows.

Still, I would like to punch the aztek guy and Chris Bangle(BMW "Bangle butt"(Lets make the trunk look like an after-thought!) right in the mouth! For years I have suspected that Traffic engineers go to some college to learn how to SCREW up traffic flow.....Maybe that college has opened a vehicle design course to make sure auto designers are trained properly in how to design....Ugly cars!
PFF
System Bot
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2016 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2016 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

no2pencil

1523 posts
Member since Oct 2009
Posted on behalf of another member.

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-01-2016 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dobey is correct; The industry has gone to sharp creased sheet metal designs.....Almost as bad as when the Ford wiped out the Taurus with that Fish-bowl design.....Good design should be a mixture of sharp lines and curves....Not one extreme or another; The big problem I have with the new Vette is that after 50 years of having a wrap-around rear window(OK, the 68-77 had the sunken back-lite), they have now thrown away the heritage and basically copied the GT-R with a fastback w/side windows.

Eh? Wrap around rear window?

1953 C1: clearly had rear side windows, though most C1s still around are all convertibles; also was an automatic straight 6

1963 C2: Split window with plenty of body between the door and rear windows. Later C2 got rid of the center split, but otherwise the same:

1968-1977 were notchbacks as you mentioned.
1978 had a bigger rounded glass panel again.

1984 though is when I'd say it really went to a bubble glass hatch. Before the C4, even the models with the large rounded glass still had plenty of body panel around the glass.

And until the 2014 C7, that's pretty much what the hatch was. A big glass bubble. I don't think the C7 kills any "heritage" with respect to the Corvette. The rear hatch is the most efficient design that fits with the design of the rest of the car. Maybe you don't like, and that's fine, but saying it throws away the heritage and straight copies the GT-R is to grossly misunderstand what the Corvette is, and ignores every other vehicle that GM has been producing for the last ~6 years.
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2016 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
why is this in TD&Q?
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2016 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, but the C7 looks great if you like japanese styling- There is no real cohesiveness to the new vette design- The backend looks like a box with a glue on Honda fin and the side vents basically eliminate the front fenders- while copying Ferrari very blatantly....But then they also converted to standard aluminum frame and yet were successful in getting the thing to weigh 3500(The C6 Z06 with aluminum frame weighed in at 3200)......That is kind of like being impressed with the LFA because they delayed intro because it was too heavy with aluminum so they had to re-engineer the frame out of Composites....Yet it weighed 3500....High tech is great...unless it doesn't work....great buy at $380,000...almost as good as the cheaper Ferrari......

I wonder why the Mustang has sold so well with the silly heritage design.....same with the Camaro....Insanity! They should copy a 30 year old celica- but wait....Toyota copied the Mustang somewhere back there......

By the way, the restyle of the C7 above was me.....I still can't post pics here....

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 08-01-2016).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2016 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ericjon262:

why is this in TD&Q?

Probably because TD&Q is the first one in the list, and people are bloody lazy.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2016 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dobey

11572 posts
Member since Sep 2001

while copying Ferrari very blatantly...

LOL. Obviously a valid complaint about the C7 from someone on a Fiero forum.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2016 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Probably because TD&Q is the first one in the list, and people are bloody lazy.

.....I'm.....not.........that.........la......zy..........
ITALGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2016 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

I'm pretty sure Ferrari is the copy cat here, not Chevy.... just sayin'.

The C7's design is strictly race bred with thorough wind tunnel testing. Every inch of the car is designed to achieve maximum aerodynamic efficiency. It has nothing to do with "imitating" Japanese car manufacturer designs.

[This message has been edited by ITALGT (edited 08-02-2016).]

85 SE VIN 9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2016 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 SE VIN 9Send a Private Message to 85 SE VIN 9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dobey is correct; The industry has gone to sharp creased sheet metal designs.....

"Sheet metal" on a Vette? Isn't it hard to do fiberglass that sharp? Could it be carbon fiber?

PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2016 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85 SE VIN 9:

"Sheet metal" on a Vette? Isn't it hard to do fiberglass that sharp? Could it be carbon fiber?

It's not fiberglass or carbon fiber. It's the latest generation of the SMC composite. The Z06 has some carbon fiber, but I think the main body is still mostly the SMC on it.
85 SE VIN 9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2016 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 SE VIN 9Send a Private Message to 85 SE VIN 9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is SMC what we have on the Fiero?
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2016 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, yeah...I used the sheet-metal tag because most cars are......And yes, there are certain shapes that are hard to create in plastic, and some that are hard to create in metal. The obvious similarity between that Ferrari and the C7 is....just sad. The Vette is now a real competitor to the exotic cars....But the styling- Which used to be top drawer(Think C2 & C3) has now become a copy......I don't really agree with the styling of the C3- Sitting BEHIND the engine...Peering over the hood to try to see whats ahead....They finally corrected that with the C5....But that C3, when it came out in 1968, was a full-on hammer blow.....Few cars have had this impact; Jag E-type, Lambo Muira....You could include the Countach- Before it had all the plastic crap added on- then it started looking like an escapee from the JC Whitney catalog.....

And all the upper panels on a Fiero are SMC.

As for the "complaint" that the Fiero is a blatant copy of the 308.....Well, functionally, it's similar(As any Transverse/mid-engined car would be).....But the styling of the Fiero seems to be much more strongly related to the BMW M1.....along with some C4 Vette mixed in.
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2016 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Reallybig:

Really?!?!?! That guy still works for GM?!?!?! If ever there was an employee who should have been fired.....

Hey I checked this out and your right.

Tom Peters
The Aztek was styled under the direction of Tom Peters, who would later design the Chevrolet Corvette (C7). According to an analysis in 2000, Business Week said the Aztek was to signal a design renaissance for GM, and to "make a statement about breaking from GM's instinct for caution."

https://www.google.com/#q=w...ed+the+pontiac+aztec

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

[This message has been edited by Spoon (edited 08-02-2016).]

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Design renaissance".....Woof! That Aztek was one of the most ungainly designs ever...the wheel size vs the body shape is just bad.....The 2nd gen Durango was just as ungainly.....The new Cadillacs are not particularly pretty in my opinion, but they at least are not completely incompetent in their design.

I don't know if Tommy should be blamed directly for the Aztek- Sometimes the executives at the top are controlling things- even tho they have not one drop of talent or ability for auto design(Hence Ford bringing out the fish-bowl Taurus and tanking sales).....The backend of the C7 isn't particularly ugly- It just completely refutes any heritage of Vette design. It would be kind of like the new 911 looking just like a Pinto!

If I remember correctly, the same year the Aztek "show-car" made the rounds, they also had the Chevy Nomad, with louvered roof and mini rear doors that slide....I thought it was brilliant, but GM management really thought the Aztek was the one that was going to sell...It did so poorly that they had a $9000 rebate and forced all the mid-level executives to drive them as company cars....
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-03-2016 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

even tho they have not one drop of talent or ability for auto design

Just stop. We get it, you don't like the designs. Good for you. But you sure as hell aren't any genius designer, so perhaps you should stop railing on those who are actually designing cars in the industry, and going on and on about some 'heritage" you don't understand.

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks......"master" Dobey........
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the C6 is one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen. I thought so, as soon as I saw it.
The profile view, especially the fender caps, reminds me of a '63.
The C7, OTOH, does nothing for me.

The Aztek concept was quite well received. The problem is that it had to be adapted to the existing minivan structure, and the proportions were all out of whack.

And the back story, according to Lutz.
Here

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 08-03-2016).]

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ITALGT:

I'm pretty sure Ferrari is the copy cat here, not Chevy.... just sayin'.

The Ferrari F12 came out in 2012.....So the C7 Corvette would be the one that copied the F12- Time-frame wise. And of course, a large portion of the C7 is based on Aerodynamic info.......I just think the Gigantic vents on the front fenders take over the fenders, while the fastback with side windows really isn't applicable to the Vette's heritage...I know that Dobey posted some pics above to refute my statement, but the >56< hardtop is actually closer to a notch-back(almost like the later-year removable hardtop for convertibles), while the 63 split-window does have the wrap-around style- even tho it is split......I would point at the 911 as another car that has a strong following and stays with it's basic overall styling.....Would Porsche think to change to "Angry wasp" headlights, etc..? I think not.

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-03-2016 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Would Porsche think to change to "Angry wasp" headlights, etc..? I think not.

Do what now? Is it possible for you to discuss something without adding personal emotional content and insults that nobody else understands? Are we talking about cars, or entomology?

You might want to re-examine what Porsche has done with their headlights over the years, too. Sure, the 911 still has a basically round/oval shape for the main cover, but they've put projectors and LEDs in them. From far away the exterior looks like the defining rounded 911 style, but up close behind the plastic cover, a lot of changes have happened over the years. The 911 never had pop-up headlights, and Porsche decided to make the front end design of the 911 a branding feature, and have kept it pretty well consistent over the years. For the Corvette, pop-up headlights are a bad option. What the C6/C7 do is blend in formed headlights which fit the classic low hood line better. Likewise, if Porsche were going to make a 914, 944, or 968 today, do you really think it'd have pop-up headlights? Of course not. Look at the 918, and you'll see more about where Porsche is headed, than you will looking at the 911.

Frankly, the 911 is boring. It's a boring German 2+2 sports car. The Corvette isn't competing with the 911 though. Chevrolet has never really made the headlights, taillights, or such, a consistent brand feature of the car. Also, remember the huge change the Corvette saw in 1963 as the "Sting Ray" model was released. It was a much more aggressive design than the C1 models, and the big thing about the C7 was the return of the "Stingray." The more aggressive design, and where not only Chevrolet is headed, but GM as a whole, with their vehicle production. Maybe you don't like it today, but a lot of people also didn't like it in 1963 either.
PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dobey- at no point was I trying to insult your taste or ideas...Not sure why you take it so personally. The Porsche 911 is one of the more Iconic designs in the auto world...It would be a disaster for Porsche to give it slit headlamps, a square breadvan rearend, etc. And- tho the Vette was changed substantially in 1963 there has since been a slow evolution of the styling, with certain themes carrying over from year-to-year.....How about the new Mustang having a bubble rear window? It would look completely non-Mustang!

I am not really complaining that the rear of the new Vette is ugly- It just absolutely does not say Vette- to me! And most of the people who see my rebop think my design looks great.....I am not trained in auto styling- but quite simply, with some of the designs that come out of art/styling colleges, it doesn't seem like that is a very good denominator of ability....

I also find the front end to look too much like a "Funny car" front end- Like the head lights, grill, etc are just painted on...There is no depth to them. There are far better designs out there....and here is one place that allows some flexibility in Vette design since there really isn't any heritage here.

And I really don't understand your discussion about how the light in the 911 lights is created- it is the SHAPE that we are talking about...Not the type of bulb inside.

If you are so hot for the C7 then go buy one....I would FAR prefer a C6 Z06...Love the 7 liter engine that redlines at 7000...and it can get 32 mpg!
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-04-2016 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dobey- at no point was I trying to insult your taste or ideas...Not sure why you take it so personally. The Porsche 911 is one of the more Iconic designs in the auto world...It would be a disaster for Porsche to give it slit headlamps, a square breadvan rearend, etc. And- tho the Vette was changed substantially in 1963 there has since been a slow evolution of the styling, with certain themes carrying over from year-to-year.....How about the new Mustang having a bubble rear window? It would look completely non-Mustang!

I am not really complaining that the rear of the new Vette is ugly- It just absolutely does not say Vette- to me! And most of the people who see my rebop think my design looks great.....I am not trained in auto styling- but quite simply, with some of the designs that come out of art/styling colleges, it doesn't seem like that is a very good denominator of ability....

I also find the front end to look too much like a "Funny car" front end- Like the head lights, grill, etc are just painted on...There is no depth to them. There are far better designs out there....and here is one place that allows some flexibility in Vette design since there really isn't any heritage here.

And I really don't understand your discussion about how the light in the 911 lights is created- it is the SHAPE that we are talking about...Not the type of bulb inside.

If you are so hot for the C7 then go buy one....I would FAR prefer a C6 Z06...Love the 7 liter engine that redlines at 7000...and it can get 32 mpg!

Why do you have to be so damned confrontational, dramatic, and exaggerate every little thing? All it does is make your arguments overly emotional and it's impossible to have any sort of reasonable discussion about anything with you. I'm not taking it personal, but your insults to the cars and their designers are not helpful in making whatever argument you are trying to make, and it only makes it that much more difficult to talk to you.

If I really wanted a C7 there would be one sitting in my driveway right now. I could easily go get a Z06.

My point about the headlights was you can't compare the Corvette headlights to the Porsche headlights, because they have NEVER been consistent on the Vette. And your "angry wasp" comment doesn't make a lick of sense. What the hell does that even mean?
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2016 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Angry wasp- So many of the new cars are using a version of these; Acura, Dodge Dart, etc......Basic angling down in towards the center of the car. Also, I was using the Porsche headlights because those are so iconic for the Porsche heritage- Just like the rear wrap around glass on vettes- which they have now thrown away completely.

As for insulting cars that you seem to like....and designers you seem to think have a special light shining on them because they have a degree or some such, well, I'm sorry I upset you by stating that vehicles like the Aztek are ugly....But they ARE! And sales have proven that out......I literally feel nervous around Azteks because the person who bought it is probably dangerously insane....Kind of like the Prius drivers who can't possibly safely drive their "Cars".......Just like back 30+ years ago with the beetle, they think they are "Saving the world" and so are somehow special and have the right to drive like dips.

Seriously, why does my OPINION mater so much to you- It is an opinion....and as the saying goes, "Opinions are like azz****s- Everyone has one....and they all stink!" You don't like my opinion....maybe I don't like yours....SO WHAT? If everyone liked exactly the same thing, we would all be driving the same car, in the same color, etc.....And that would be boring.
f85gtron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2016 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for f85gtronSend a Private Message to f85gtronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe you girls ought to take a break from your homework and cool off at the mall for a bit?
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-04-2016 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Angry wasp- So many of the new cars are using a version of these; Acura, Dodge Dart, etc......Basic angling down in towards the center of the car. Also, I was using the Porsche headlights because those are so iconic for the Porsche heritage- Just like the rear wrap around glass on vettes- which they have now thrown away completely.

As for insulting cars that you seem to like....and designers you seem to think have a special light shining on them because they have a degree or some such, well, I'm sorry I upset you by stating that vehicles like the Aztek are ugly....But they ARE! And sales have proven that out......I literally feel nervous around Azteks because the person who bought it is probably dangerously insane....Kind of like the Prius drivers who can't possibly safely drive their "Cars".......Just like back 30+ years ago with the beetle, they think they are "Saving the world" and so are somehow special and have the right to drive like dips.

Seriously, why does my OPINION mater so much to you- It is an opinion....and as the saying goes, "Opinions are like azz****s- Everyone has one....and they all stink!" You don't like my opinion....maybe I don't like yours....SO WHAT? If everyone liked exactly the same thing, we would all be driving the same car, in the same color, etc.....And that would be boring.

Your opinion doesn't matter to me. I'm just trying to understand, but it's impossible when you keep being so damned confrontational, insulting, and spouting rhetoric the way you do. I don't give a crap if you think the C7 is ugly or not.

But you obviously can't accept that. Instead you have to insult everyone and shout your opinion from the highest point you can find. I'm not upset. I just think people like you need to perhaps listen to your own advice every once in a while, and stop shouting your hatred at every chance you get.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-04-2016 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dobey

11572 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Originally posted by f85gtron:
bla bla bla

I know Cliff probably won't do anything about it, but reported anyway.
couldahadaV8

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2016 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for couldahadaV8Click Here to visit couldahadaV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to couldahadaV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ray_and_kevin:

This was a one-off concept car against a street/emissions/crash tested car; not really a fair comparison at all.

In case we are voting, I think the C7 is one of the most exciting designs ever. Inside and out, they nailed it!
couldahadaV8

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2016 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for couldahadaV8Click Here to visit couldahadaV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to couldahadaV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

couldahadaV8

797 posts
Member since Feb 2008

It's not fiberglass or carbon fiber. It's the latest generation of the SMC composite. The Z06 has some carbon fiber, but I think the main body is still mostly the SMC on it.

The C7 has a carbon fiber hood and roof panel.

By the way, SMC is fiberglass, just in a different form before curing.
f85gtron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2016 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for f85gtronSend a Private Message to f85gtronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know Cliff probably won't do anything about it, but reported anyway.

Lol. You're probably offended because i forgot to place a winking-smiley emoticon after my statement to preserve your "safe space". Oh.....wait...i....
here ya go.
Is that better?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay