Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Wheels Wheels Wheels, driving me crazy !

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Wheels Wheels Wheels, driving me crazy ! by robert1234
Started on: 08-03-2016 08:48 PM
Replies: 14 (648 views)
Last post by: robert1234 on 08-11-2016 07:59 PM
robert1234

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Click Here to Email robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone has wheels on theirs like this will you post and give me some info please? I think I want 16 or 17 inch, not sure
I sure would appreciate it !

[This message has been edited by robert1234 (edited 08-03-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarClick Here to Email RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe that car belongs to kooljess.
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is Kooljess but to find the combination of a lip in back and little to no lip, like his, in the front is impossible that I could find. You can look at TSW Snetterton for a look similar.
robert1234

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Click Here to Email robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, that is his wheels.
robert1234

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Click Here to Email robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

robert1234

461 posts
Member since Oct 2015
TSW looks good....
Fastfiero1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2016 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastfiero1Click Here to Email Fastfiero1Send a Private Message to Fastfiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forgeline GW3's are the ones I want. They can make them in any combo of size/width/offset you want but brace yourself for the price

http://www.forgeline.com/pr...gw3-17-18-19-20.html

------------------
Fiero's Owned:

1987 Coupe 2.5 5spd May 99 - June 03
1987 GT V6 5spd July 30 2012 - Current

robert1234

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2016 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Click Here to Email robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forgeline GW3's are really nice, but will be more $$ than my car...lol
lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2016 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow I like those Forgeline CF3C wheels, but they start at 18" diameter and I would not want anything larger than 17". Anyone know of any other wheel builders that can custom build wheels with any combination of diameter, offset and lug pattern? On the TV show Overhaulin I saw several builds where Chip Foose got full custom wheels made for the car that was being overhauled, but I have done several searches for custom wheel builders and have not come up with any good search results. The two words "custom rims" always brings back pages for companies selling regular porduction wheels like on Tirerack.com. Where are these companies that make one off custom wheels?
Fastfiero1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2016 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastfiero1Click Here to Email Fastfiero1Send a Private Message to Fastfiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lateFormula:

Wow I like those Forgeline CF3C wheels, but they start at 18" diameter and I would not want anything larger than 17". Anyone know of any other wheel builders that can custom build wheels with any combination of diameter, offset and lug pattern? On the TV show Overhaulin I saw several builds where Chip Foose got full custom wheels made for the car that was being overhauled, but I have done several searches for custom wheel builders and have not come up with any good search results. The two words "custom rims" always brings back pages for companies selling regular porduction wheels like on Tirerack.com. Where are these companies that make one off custom wheels?

There are actually several... If you are looking for custom, you want to go with either 2 or 3 piece wheels because those are the ones they can build to any size, offset, width, bolt circle to be custom fit however you want them to be. The 1 piece wheels are usually made to some common sizes, offsets, bolt circles and those you end up finding the closest ones you can out of what is offered.

Forgiato Wheels
BBS Wheels
Niche Road Wheels
Brixton Forged Wheels
CCW Performance Wheels
Work Wheels
HRE Performance Wheels

------------------
Fiero's Owned:

1987 Coupe 2.5 5spd May 99 - June 03
1987 GT V6 5spd July 30 2012 - Current

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 192
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2016 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageClick Here to Email randyeSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by robert1234:

If anyone has wheels on theirs like this will you post and give me some info please? I think I want 16 or 17 inch, not sure
I sure would appreciate it !

Same wheels I have on my 87
HP Design "Evo" 18 inch

I don't know if the "Evo" design is still available.

------------------

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 08-05-2016).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2016 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarClick Here to Email RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look around. Most anything that will fit a Volkswagen "New Beetle" will fit a Fiero. The widths and offset(~35mm) are just about perfect.
If you have an 88, Look for Subaru Impreza wheels (~45mm offset) to fit the front offsets.
The only real potential "gotcha" is that Subaru-specific wheels have a 56mm centerbore, while the Fiero (and V-dub) wheels are 57mm. But most aftermarket wheels are designed with a 70-something centerbore, and use hub-centric rings, anyway.
PFF
System Bot
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2016 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thread should help you out with the info you need about his setup.
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...060206-1-054271.html

Supposedly the model used on his car have been discontinued, but these are the replacement, HP Racing Lightning Evo.
http://www.rims4less.com/wh...fb90f4fa950cca0a8954

[This message has been edited by zmcdonal (edited 08-05-2016).]

JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2016 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsClick Here to Email JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RPM 505's look exactly like that and fit the Fiero perfect. Available in black, silver and chrome. I had the black,

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 08-06-2016).]

lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2016 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fastfiero1:

There are actually several... If you are looking for custom, you want to go with either 2 or 3 piece wheels because those are the ones they can build to any size, offset, width, bolt circle to be custom fit however you want them to be. The 1 piece wheels are usually made to some common sizes, offsets, bolt circles and those you end up finding the closest ones you can out of what is offered.

Forgiato Wheels
BBS Wheels
Niche Road Wheels
Brixton Forged Wheels
CCW Performance Wheels
Work Wheels
HRE Performance Wheels

Thank you for the links. I looked through every line of wheels at all of those webpages, and every wheel I saw that I would consider for purchase started at 18" diameter. I think I really need to find a company that can produce a true one-off set of wheels. I'll probably spend more than my car is worth, but I know what I want and I won't settle for "close" or poor fitting wheels.

robert1234

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2016 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Click Here to Email robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, I like those RPM 505's they are nice.
Thanks everyone for all the info.....its a tough decision and we all need opinions.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock