Bought my donor car! by Detainabull
Started on: 07-28-2016 10:24 PM
Replies: 6 (320 views)
Last post by: ltlfrari on 08-03-2016 08:43 AM
Detainabull

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2016 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DetainabullSend a Private Message to DetainabullEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys
Finally bought my donor car for the 3800 swap. Picked up this 98 Buick regal GS for a grand total of 200 bucks. Needs a little bit of work but I plan on all the gaskets and bearings getting replaced. Lots of upgrading to be done before I stuff this bad boy in the Fiero. I'll keep the progress posted. If any of you are in need of the HD trans and axles let me know. Ill be doing the 5 speed getrag. Anything i don't use off this car will be parted out as well. Thanks for looking!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaredmurray88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2016 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that the sheraton plantation in Myrtle Beach by chance?
Detainabull

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2016 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DetainabullSend a Private Message to DetainabullEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No its in Raleigh NC.
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2016 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do the bearings NEED to be replaced? As in, does the engine knock, or otherwise show signs of necessity of bearing replacement? If not, DO NOT replace the bearings. You can't "just" swap bearings on the 3800 and call it good. If you replace the bearing you will also need to replace rods and have the cam journals machined. Do your own research, but I did the same when I bought my engine and EVERYWHERE I looked they all said not to touch the bottom end unless absolutely necessary.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2016 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any time you wanna talk Fieros, I'm just down the road...

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Detainabull

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2016 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DetainabullSend a Private Message to DetainabullEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

Any time you wanna talk Fieros, I'm just down the road...

Awesome. I do appreciate it. Nice to see there is somewhat of a Fiero crowd around this area. I'm in Durham near 70/Miami Blvd area. Within 30min of just about anywhere in Raleigh

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's a cars and coffee event at Morrisville On Sat, 8 am till 11. I plan on being there, probably around 8 before the heat gets up as my car has no a/c, for an hour or so.

http://carsandcoffeefinder....lle-cars-and-coffee/

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock