Lights on dash by 85fieroguy
Started on: 07-26-2016 11:07 PM
Replies: 2 (162 views)
Last post by: no2pencil on 07-27-2016 07:28 AM
85fieroguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2016 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fieroguySend a Private Message to 85fieroguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't seem to shut off the hand brake light..any ideas?? also. My door a jar light seems to "flicker" on and off at will. Adjusted the door bolt to get rid of rattling but the light never flickered before. Ideas ???
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are door pins in each door jamb [near the top hinge, I think] that will break connection to chassis ground when the door has been closed. I'd check them to make sure the 1/4" female disconnects are secure and they're not rusty garbage. They're run in parallel, so they're effectively on the same wire. I'd start there.

Same with the parking brake. There is a switch integrated into the assembly that goes to chassis ground when the lever is pulled. It's a mechanical switch [remember, these cars are 30+ years old] and also could be filthy, rusty or faulty. Again, check the connector at the switch as well. If everything checks out there, trace the wiring back to its source. A pinched wire or short to ground through missing or damaged insulation could cause these issues.

Good luck.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For a while I had a flickering ajar light. The decklid was barely pressing down on the push-button indicator. It was fixed by adjusting.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock