Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Rocket Bunny Fiero #ProjectFZero (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Rocket Bunny Fiero #ProjectFZero by Fiero Tony
Started on: 07-26-2016 03:43 PM
Replies: 88 (4934 views)
Last post by: shemdogg on 07-20-2018 07:40 PM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2016 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Not to detract from the thread, but this is just not true. The only practical limit is 300kB here. Anything over 300kB will have the ugly icon shown. But photobucket is particularly annoying here, as clicking the icon often also results in the photobucket site being opened as well.

I'm not sure what you're referring to as "just not true", but the rest of the above quote is about the only thing you've stated that I agree with. Photobucket indeed sucks.

There are plenty of threads with images wider than 1024 pixels on this forum, which are not hidden behind such icons.

Yes, there are plenty of threads ruined by people linking to humongous images (with file sizes smaller than 300 kb) which don't fit on a 1920x1080 monitor... but in my original post in this thread it's pretty clear I'm referring to the use of PIP to post images, and I posted the correct limitations for images posted using PIP. An image file size of greater than 300 kb is rejected by PIP, whereas a posted link to an image file greater than 300 kb hosted elsewhere will be accessed through an icon.

Also, what you described is not how image compression works. JPEG is a specific defined format, and taking a JPEG with the dimensions you described and simply re-saving it as JPEG, is not going to significantly reduce file size. You can reduce quality and get the same image possibly with a sizable difference in final file size, but for the most part, this is not satisfactory.

Dobey, you're no stranger to posting contrary opinions, and I welcome them... but in this case you are completely wrong. In my earlier post, I uploaded a re-compressed version of an image (using IrfanView and then PIP) that the OP had previously supplied a Photobucket link to... which could only be accessed by clicking on an icon. That's because the file size was over 300 kb... it was 729 kb. My re-compressed version is 268 kb, with the same number of pixels. It looks just fine. According to you, I accomplished the impossible. Thank-you.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-11-2016).]

IP: Logged

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2016 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With many programs when you save a jpg you can shoose the "quality" which can denote file size.
Fie Ro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2016 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
60% jpeg quality is usually enough to not see a difference in the picture quality and still keeping it way under 300kb.

I am following this project, it is different and I am curious how it will develop. Good luck !
Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2016 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys for the feedback on how to fix these pictures not showing. I will run thru all of them to have all of them display here soon. In other news I'm finally going to be dropping off the car to have the fender flares corrected. Pretty excited. Also bought other set of wheels for the BMW so I can go to work on the Veilside Andrews for the Fiero. Stay tuned.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2016 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

With many programs when you save a jpg you can shoose the "quality" which can denote file size.

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

60% jpeg quality is usually enough to not see a difference in the picture quality and still keeping it way under 300kb.

Whether you're choosing "quality" or a compression "percentage", it still becomes somewhat of a guessing game (might take numerous attempts) if you're trying to achieve the best possible image quality while maintaining a file size under any prescribed limit... for PIP or for posting here without the need to click an icon, 300 kb. What I love about IrfanView is that when saving a JPG image, you input the maximum file size allowed, and the program automatically figures out the compression and then creates the file. No fuss, no muss!

I just wanted to add that I've noticed many many times here over the years that people will often shrink the image size just to reduce the file size. For example, shrinking a 1024x768 image down to 800x600 to reduce the file size to under 300 kb. Completely unnecessary.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-12-2016).]

deloreanant

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2016 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deloreanantSend a Private Message to deloreanantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very unique look. I'm liking what I see so far. Keep it up. Can't wait to see where this ends up.
Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2016 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was planning on rebuilding a set of wheels until I came across these 19" Work Rezax ii at a steal with tires. Picked them up yesterday and to which I already had the converted spacers for them so I slapped them on.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Tony (edited 08-30-2016).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2016 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those wheels match the car a million times better.
Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2016 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2016 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Tony:

Is that a modified Fiero Warehouse spoiler or something off a different car?
Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2016 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

Is that a modified Fiero Warehouse spoiler or something off a different car?

No, it's a one off duck tail lip from a 240sx that I modified.

PFF
System Bot
Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2016 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gna be addressing the fender flares gaps soon and have everything flowing well.

Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2016 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some pics I took over the weekend. Looks like now both cars are on that black on black theme.

Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2016 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took some night pics.

Fiero 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2016 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great.

I wonder if it would look that good on a notchie?

------------------
Past:
1988 base coupe sold
1984 base coupe rust
Present:
1986 SE 2m6

Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took the car this past week to another body shop and they will tackle the fenders and clean up the lines to make it flow with the car. Should have it done by next month hopefully.

notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good. Can't wait to see it
Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2016 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the actual wheels I wanted on the car redone recently. Also, the fiero was down due to the radiator puking. Replaced it with a 3 row aluminum radiator so its back running. I can finally drop it of my body shop guy to address the fenders. Current look.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2016 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya know I am not sure if I like this or not. I LOVE that you are able to fit much larger wheels and tires and I have been a fan of the rocket bunny mods in the RX7 FD cars as well but I guess I am not sold on the look on the GT. I must say that you are doing a great job of it and it is certainly getting there. Not sure exactly what it needs but it is starting to look a lot nicer. I gotta agree that the black spoked wheels looked best. Good luck and keep up the good work I think you are onto something here that will look amazing with some more tweaks. Thanks for sharing your pictures...

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
CNC Machining and prototyping
Port St.Lucie, Florida
A&N Precision Machine on Facebook!

Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2016 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2017 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took some day pics. Waiting for my body shop guy to have opening so I can drop the car off to have the fenders sit flush. In the meantime I'm going to decide whether to do air install or do the rear coilover / cut front coil route. Also gna finish the diffuser as well

PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post02-16-2017 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Was planning on rebuilding a set of wheels until I came across these 19" Work Rezax ii at a steal with tires. Picked them up yesterday and to which I already had the converted spacers for them so I slapped them on.

I like those wheels better.. but it's not my car.. So go with whatever you like.

If It was my car and I was to run those wheels I think I'd polish or make satin alum the first 1" of the outer lip.. giving it just enough contrast.. instead of the full murdered out everything black look..
It also not make the centercaps stick out like a sore thumb
Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2017 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

I like those wheels better.. but it's not my car.. So go with whatever you like.

If It was my car and I was to run those wheels I think I'd polish or make satin alum the first 1" of the outer lip.. giving it just enough contrast.. instead of the full murdered out everything black look..
It also not make the centercaps stick out like a sore thumb

I myself liked these wheels as well but I just think after experiencing the 19" wheels on my car they looked to big. 17 and 18s are more suitable for this small car hence why I wanted to stick to my plan with the 18" Veilsides. Although, those 19" wheels have since got rebuilt wider to 19x10.5 and 19x11.5 and repainted. They will be going on my Infiniti Q45 which has air setup. Not sure if you guys are aware but I'm a bit of a wheel wh0re. Here's my collection:

Work Rezax II 19x10.5 and 19x11.5

Veilside Andrew Racing F 19x12 and 19x14

Carlsson 2/6 20x10 and 20x11

Veilside Andrew Racing F 18x9.5 all around

Borbet Style 95s 19x9 and 19x9.5

BBS Style 5s *These will be rebuilt for the Fiero later*

Autostrada Modena (Famously know as the Ferrari F40 wheel) 17x10 and 17x12 Currently in the finishing stages of being rebuilt

[This message has been edited by Fiero Tony (edited 03-01-2017).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2017 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gonna put some dual outlet exhaust tips on?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-01-2017).]

Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2017 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Gonna put some dual outlet exhaust tips on?

Yes sir..they have been ordered.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2017 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like your headlight mod. Curious how you did them.

I also like everything else you are doing too.
Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2017 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my 3.5 outlet exhaust tips. Installing them this weekend.

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got my 3.5 outlet exhaust tips. Installing them this weekend.

...a work of art!
Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the exhaust tips on. Before and After. Big difference.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Tony (edited 04-07-2017).]

1fstfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2017 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fstfieroSend a Private Message to 1fstfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you going to make molds off of these fenders. I want to either buy a set or see if I can find some like this. Let me know.
Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2017 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1fstfiero:

Are you going to make molds off of these fenders. I want to either buy a set or see if I can find some like this. Let me know.

Yes I will be producing these kits hopefully sooner than later. I have my body shop guy thats going to mold these fenders correctly and I found a local mold shop that will produce these for me. I do have others that are interested so the demand is there for this kit. I will get this all sorted out.

PFF
System Bot
lildevil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what is the front chin spoiler made from?

------------------

LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How do the tips get blue like that?
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2017 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

Discolored by the manufacturer. It's a common style.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2017 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Titanium changes colors with heat and blue is from some of the higher levels of heat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKcvLuFGSc
1fstfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fstfieroSend a Private Message to 1fstfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What offset are your wheels?
Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lildevil:

what is the front chin spoiler made from?

PM'd

[This message has been edited by Fiero Tony (edited 04-11-2017).]

Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Tony

64 posts
Member since Feb 2016

I bought the tips this way.
Fiero Tony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2017 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TonySend a Private Message to Fiero TonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Tony

64 posts
Member since Feb 2016

Originally posted by 1fstfiero:

What offset are your wheels?

Wheels are -5 and 0 in the rears but I'm running 15mm adapters all around so essentially the offsets are -20 and -15 rears
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2017 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I bought the tips this way.

Hey Tony - sent you a PM about the tips, if you don't mind the question :-)

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay