Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Haven't been on here in a while (84 Indy Resto/Mod?)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Haven't been on here in a while (84 Indy Resto/Mod?) by Havoc04
Started on: 07-21-2016 06:58 PM
Replies: 11 (563 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 08-30-2016 04:29 PM
Havoc04

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2016 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Havoc04Send a Private Message to Havoc04Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone,

I used to be part of this forum long ago, about 2004. I was 16 and my mom gave me the keys to her 84 Indy, my mom bought this car new in late 1983, she drove it, my sister drove it in college and I learned how to drive in it and even took my drivers test in the car. Needless to say, after many years away (with some occasional browsing :-D)
I still own the car. I think it's time she got the love she always needed. I am finally in a position to which I can do so! But, I need your guys' help... I've been away from these cars for so long that I really don't know what the market is like anymore. So hopefully in time, I will get the swing of it again and get this Indy back to the condition she was in the 80's.

Here are some pictures of the Indy as of July 21 2016. I got her started and took it for a little drive and it brought back a ton of memories. I apologize for the terrible pictures, the lighting in front of my house is terrible in the middle of the day.

I would really like to run the VIN and get a production number if anyone can help me out. As the day goes on I will post more and be asking help to source some parts.

Thanks for taking the time to look!
-Kyle
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2016 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back.
88 fieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 fieroGTSend a Private Message to 88 fieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a Indy fiero.Mine has the official pace car emblem on the door.Did all Indy fieros have the decal?

Havoc04

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Havoc04Send a Private Message to Havoc04Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

Welcome back.

Thanks!
I've been busy working on the Indy. I also talked to Rick from FieroPaceCar.com, and with the VIN I gave him, we found out the car is number 438.
I've spent several days cleaning up the paint and interior, along with some items ordered from The Fiero Store, Phoenixgraphix.com and some badges from another member.

I leave town for work tomorrow for 2 weeks, so no progress will be made on the car until I get home.
-Kyle

Havoc04

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Havoc04Send a Private Message to Havoc04Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Havoc04

38 posts
Member since Dec 2015

Originally posted by 88 fieroGT:

I've got a Indy fiero.Mine has the official pace car emblem on the door.Did all Indy fieros have the decal?

I'm not 100% sure. I believe someone more in tune with the Indy's specifically can chime in.
88 fieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 fieroGTSend a Private Message to 88 fieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Indy was # 141 of 2000.t also was #69 of 133 that were used as a parade car at '84 Indy 500.I wish I was ther to see it.Better yet to drive it.
Havoc04

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2016 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Havoc04Send a Private Message to Havoc04Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My Indy was # 141 of 2000.t also was #69 of 133 that were used as a parade car at '84 Indy 500.I wish I was ther to see it.Better yet to drive it.

That would be pretty cool to see.

New red striping is on its way, along with a new shift boot, sail panel arrowheads and some misc. items. I come back home in 14 days. So hopefully I will have more parts here to work on when I get home.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2016 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Warning:
84 Indy can/does have somethings are Indy only, including Engine.
Also Engine could have been replace under recall/warranty work too.
So Watch buying engine parts.

See my Cave, Duke Quick Ref

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 07-28-2016).]

Havoc04

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2016 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Havoc04Send a Private Message to Havoc04Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

Warning:
84 Indy can/does have somethings are Indy only, including Engine.
Also Engine could have been replace under recall/warranty work too.
So Watch buying engine parts.

See my Cave, Duke Quick Ref

Thanks Orge, I plan to re-seal the engine my next tour home, if I can get to it, I will measure the pushrod length and see if it has a roller cam or not.

Havoc04

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2016 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Havoc04Send a Private Message to Havoc04Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I've been doing a lot of thinking, quite a bit of reading and a lot of searching towards a new powerplant for this Indy.
I'm thinking I would really like to keep the numbers matching with the car (keeping the duke and the 4 spd) in favor or a 3800sc swap I was originally thinking about.

My question is and I'm hoping people can help steer me in the right direction toward a Super Duty conversion for the duke. I'm not looking to make this car a screaming machine anymore, for an adrenaline rush I just hop on my mountain bike these days. But I do want a little more power from the Duke in stock form. Can anyone chime in with some input toward the conversion?
Havoc04

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2016 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Havoc04Send a Private Message to Havoc04Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been busy here at work in L.A.

A few weeks ago, I ordered the first round of parts for the Indy. Thanks to a fellow member, I was finally able to score a new nose badge and a pair of fender badges!
I also picked up some new red decal from Phoenixgraphics.com along with a fresh "Indy Fiero" trunk lid badge. The shift boot, sail panel arrow heads and sunroof seal (not pictured) come from The Fiero Store.

I messed up and forgot to take pictures after the arrow head install , I'll take some when I get home...

The taillights got polished just before I took off again for work. What do you think?

The trunk carpet was pretty nasty looking when I opened up the trunk, so I opted to follow JohnWPB's tutorial found here: [url= //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...L/000028.html][/url]

I tackled the carpet with a 1600psi pressure washer instead of the garden hose.
BEFORE:
...and of course, I forgot to take an after picture. Ugh, I will take one when I'm home.

I'm hoping people can chime in and give me their opinions on the wheels I am looking at. I currently have the factory 14" wheels on the car now, but performance tires aren't too common for them. I really wanted some GT mesh wheels, but they're next to impossible to find in my area and are expensive to order online...

So, I have two options I'm looking at right now and I'm hoping I could get some insight on which you may think look better?
16x7 Beretta Z26 wheels.

OR
16x7 Sparco Terra's

That's all I have at the moment, more parts are coming in and I should be home in a week and a half. Hopefully I will actually get to spend some quality time wrenching on the Indy.

-Kyle

PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2016 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They all "came with" it but I have heard of cars that were sold and the decal left in its sleeve and never installed.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock