Headlight rebuild kit from TFS----- by busa_powered
Started on: 07-20-2016 12:21 AM
Replies: 8 (386 views)
Last post by: css9450 on 07-28-2016 04:07 PM
busa_powered

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2016 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I bought the 87-88 headlight rebuild motor kit with gasket.

The driver one goes up all the time but 90% of time time I have to lift the hood and crank it down

I looked on YouTube but I didn't find any that show how to repair it with the kit The Fiero store sells.

Anyone know of any, the directions are okay, but I like to watch videos if they are out there

Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fastfiero1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2016 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastfiero1Send a Private Message to Fastfiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are links to a part 1 and 2 Youtube video. This is what I followed. I was able to do the driver side easy as pie but because on the p/s one you have to remove the upper part of the motor slightly that is where I had issues getting the small bolts out without breaking them. Hopefully you will have better luck

Click below...

Part 1
Part 2

------------------
Fiero's Owned:

1987 Coupe 2.5 5spd May 99 - June 03
1987 GT V6 5spd July 30 2012 - Current

[This message has been edited by Fastfiero1 (edited 07-20-2016).]

busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2016 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does the whole light assembly have to come out of the car?

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2016 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by busa_powered:

Does the whole light assembly have to come out of the car?

Yes. You pull the connector and then only four 10mm nuts hold the headlight motor lift frame in place. Very easy to remove. Remove the top nuts and loosen the bottom nuts. A stubby 3/8" ratchet with a small extension bar and a 10mm socket works. Then just pull the lift frame p out and remove the motor for rebuilding. On one side you can leave the motor in place while rebuilding on the other it must be removed.
If you do not wish to rebuild new motors are made by Cardone and available from Rock Auto and auto parts stores. I've used them and they work great.
------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 07-24-2016).]

busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2016 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Yes. You pull the connector and then only four 10mm nuts hold the headlight motor lift frame in place. Very easy to remove. Remove the top nuts and loosen the bottom nuts. A stubby 3/8" ratchet with a small extension bar and a 10mm socket works. Then just pull the lift frame p out and remove the motor for rebuilding. On one side you can leave the motor in place while rebuilding on the other it must be removed.
If you do not wish to rebuild new motors are made by Cardone and available from Rock Auto and auto parts stores. I've used them and they work great.

Yeah I think I finally have it.

I got it all out of the car, changed out the gear and the 3 white things inside it.

I had a couple of issues with it, but I think I have it working now, might need to get some silicone in they keep acting up, but I think I got it working

Thanks
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2016 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have had excellent results with Rodney Dickmans head light repair kits. I recommend them to everyone. My neighbor has a Buick Reitta I told him what his problem was and who to get them from.
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2016 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[B]
Part 1
Part 2

While I appreciate the effort put forth by whoever made the video, using a tripod and ditching the music would make it so much easier to watch & hear, would also free up both hands. You provided good information for those that have never seen how to rebuild these.

I've rebuild four sets of these w/o using grease, they have worked for years w/o, I've never rebuilt one twice. I'll ask others here, have you ever seen where grease was used in rebuilding these ?

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 07-28-2016).]

busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2016 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

While I appreciate the effort put forth by whoever made the video, using a tripod and ditching the music would make it so much easier to watch & hear, would also free up both hands. You provided good information for those that have never seen how to rebuild these.

I've rebuild four sets of these w/o using grease, they have worked for years w/o, I've never rebuilt one twice. I'll ask others here, have you ever seen where grease was used in rebuilding these ?

The video could have been better but I was happy to have one to watch, it helped me out a lot

I reused the grease that was already on the old wheel and added it to the new one.

Works great

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2016 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

I used grease on mine. I used the type of plastic-compatible grease like what is used for model trains. Probably can get it at Hobby Lobby (brand name was Labelle).

I just used a little on the big gear.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock