Started on: 07-15-2016 08:08 PM
Replies: 1 (306 views)
Last post by: sardonyx247 on 07-16-2016 02:11 AM
Max The Chainsaw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2016 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Max The ChainsawClick Here to visit Max The Chainsaw's HomePageSend a Private Message to Max The ChainsawEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most of you have seen my ZR-2 kit. Well, time has come for some work on it. The rear upper frame rails are almost rusted completely away and the lower rails are full of large rust holes, as well as the typical rust holes in the trunk. It also has bad rust on the cradle, the left front arm of the cradle had rusted almost completely away a few years ago and I welded in new metal on it.

Time has come for some major work to fix this once an for all. My ZR-2 in the workshop:

And some pictures of its current state:

And the method I have chosen to fix the rust:

Completely rust free space frame bought from Boostdreamer (Thanks man!) I have sprayed it down with rustproofing completely, after I coated the usual rust areas with a 1/8 inch thick layer of fiber roofing sealer on both sides. Have begun moving parts over, started with the interior since I have done a lot of modifications in there with the Camaro dash install. The straps to the roof are only there for safety backup, the frame sits on 4 jack stands.

This is going to be a long drawn out project and when done the plan includes some body modifications and repaint in a different color.

Well, that's what I've been doing, thanks for looking.

Edit: I can't spell very goood......

------------------

[This message has been edited by Max The Chainsaw (edited 07-15-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2016 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rust, whats that.?.? Here in Vegas we have no rust.

I always liked the ZR-2 kits, not too kitish and not too far from the Fiero.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock