Started on: 07-01-2016 01:06 AM
Replies: 3 (295 views)
Last post by: darbysan on 07-02-2016 10:24 AM
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recently bought a low mileage 99 Regal GS for a great price...

What would you guys suggest I save from it for a swap?

I would like to keep A/C as well as cruise in my Fiero.
Also I want to use the auto from it to.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep: Engine, Trans, PCM, Cruise Module, All underhood engine wiring, AC Hoses from Compressor, Dogbone mounts ( just in case you can use some of it), Transmission, Axles, At least 1 foot of exhaust pipe and connection at manifold. Take more exhaust pipe for practice welding if you are going to build your own exhaust. OBDII connector, any weatherpack type relays underhood. I try to get as much extra harness as practical, since I'm always looking for extra wire to re-wire / extend something. It's nice to have the right color wire available.

Consider selling some of the other parts from the car on Ebay to help recover some of your investment. I've made some good money doing this. Sort of a challenge for me to see how much I can sell.

------------------
'87 GT in process, including GA / Seville brakes, Poly Suspension, '95 3800 Series 1 SC ( 225 hp ) 4t60e.

fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks for info...

do I need to keep the shifter or shift cables?
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never found a use for the shifters or cables. Might keep the shift knob, if it is a style you like. Could also look for a "remote Lock" module ( sometimes called a BCM), especially if yo have the remote key fobs. Check out any other interior items that might be of interest ( speakers, seats, 12v Accessory Charge ports, etc...)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock