replacing rear 1/4 panels by fierofrenzy
Started on: 06-28-2016 07:25 PM
Replies: 3 (140 views)
Last post by: Australian on 06-29-2016 04:36 AM
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2016 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi ! I'm looking forward here to advise / instructions on removing and replacing the rear 1/4 panel body sections. Actually, I got a set of side scoop panels that I'll be installing in replacement. This will be on an 88 Formula. At first glance, I see what appears to be plastic rivets holding the panel(s) on. so I'm assuming to simply sheer off the head of the rivets and the panel comes off. I see Fiero Store has the replacement rivet kit. Appears to be relatively simple. Am I right? Do I need any special tools ?
One things for sure. These functional side scoops are super cool ...no pun intended....and I'm eager to get them on.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2016 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofrenzy:

I see what appears to be plastic rivets holding the panel(s) on. so I'm assuming to simply sheer off the head of the rivets and the panel comes off.

Make sure you can't simply punch the center of the rivet out first.
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2016 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I seem to recall a bag of F-bombs being the primary tool needed to get those plastic rivets out. I think a cordless drill with the right drill bit would be easier even though it's not metal. A set of plastic trim panel spatulas/putty knives will be nice to have on hand. I will be doing this very task on one of my cars in a week, so good luck!
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2016 04:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are a couple of metal rivots as well to drill out just be sure to buy new trim holders before you start as your going to destroy those as brittle.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock