Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Project "Golden Fire" - Yes they do catch on fire!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Project "Golden Fire" - Yes they do catch on fire! by Jefrysuko
Started on: 06-27-2016 02:05 AM
Replies: 13 (736 views)
Last post by: theogre on 09-24-2016 03:26 PM
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2016 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My latest project I picked up last week. I'm going to try and document it's rebuild video blog style.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2016 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good ol' previous owner... He was a nightmare on me too... Doesn't look like too bad of a project, you may have caught lightning in a bottle! A parts car, a couple weekends and a beer or two and the car could be looking brand new!
Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2016 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Day 2 - Kids really had fun helping me. I was surprised they lasted as long as they did with the 90* temps.

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2016 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:

My latest project...

Jeffrey, I like your description... a "thermal event".

It's unbelievable how some people try to run wires through a car. One can only hope that these same people don't do any house wiring!

And thank-you so much for orienting your camera the proper way after your first video.
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2016 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where's the harness install video?
Jefrysuko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2016 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
And thank-you so much for orienting your camera the proper way after your first video.

I almost reshot that first video.

Originally posted by KurtAKX:

It's coming...here's the wrap-up from the weekend first.

KurtAKX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pro street dave

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2016 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pro street daveSend a Private Message to pro street daveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So nice you have the kids helping
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2016 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I noticed the pre-recall intake snorkel. Better get that recall done or you'll have a fire! (oops, too late...)

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

KurtAKX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
KurtAKX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2016 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Harness install video?
PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2016 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have enjoyed seeing the in progress videos, looking forward to any new ones.
1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2016 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad to see the damage wasnt too bad. All that melted plastic can make quite a mess. I should know. I had something similar happen to my 84. I'm happy to see you're fixing it.
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2016 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Note that even when done.... Burnt smell can still take months to years to be gone. Worse when gets humid or heat in on.

Reused carpets etc hold the smell of smoke, mold/mildew, etc.
You can try using Fabreze etc to stop odors in the padding etc before you install them.

Heater/AC box is hard to clean out too. Clean outside and inside the box while dash is out.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock