Lost an 88 & found one. by gem1138
Started on: 05-31-2016 11:36 AM
Replies: 10 (385 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 06-04-2016 09:20 PM
gem1138

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2016 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gem1138Send a Private Message to gem1138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
April 23rd, 2016, a day that shall live in infamy, a girl pulled out in front of my 88gt while I was doing about 40mph.

Saturday, April 28, 2016 I bought this 76k mile 88 base model Fiero online from a dealer in Abilene, Texas who will ship it to me in Baton Rouge, Louisiana soon I hope:

Paint is faded from the sun but the seats must have been reupholstered because they look like new. It is misssing a peice of molding between the passenger's door and the rear wheel well but I have that on the way from The Fiero Store.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
gem1138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2016 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gem1138Send a Private Message to gem1138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll repost a smaller version the first picture as it doesn't appear for me.
gem1138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2016 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gem1138Send a Private Message to gem1138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

gem1138

631 posts
Member since Aug 2007
I bought the silver one on August 10, 2007 with 30k miles on it. It was up to 90k miles when the end came.
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2016 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for your loss! A 88 GT in silver is quite rare, sad to see another one bite the dust!

I'm curious, you jumped from a GT to a 4cyl coupe. Is there a reason for the switch? Any big projects for the new car?
gem1138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2016 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gem1138Send a Private Message to gem1138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only good news is that I took out a Camry in the process. LOL
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2016 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here, it's already going up soon.
http://www.copart.com/us/Lo...?searchId=1352714552
gem1138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2016 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gem1138Send a Private Message to gem1138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It didn't loose a drop of coolant but one of the brake lines broke. It was still running when everything stopped and I dove it into a nearby parking lot to clear the road after the cops took pictures. I went by a few weeks later to get my stuff out of the car but the battery was dead so I had to leave my ELP Tarkus CD in the player. I should be recovered by the end of June I hope. New car is stuck in Dallas due to weather I am told.
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2016 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Apparently you made it out safely. What kind of injuries if at all?
gem1138

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2016 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gem1138Send a Private Message to gem1138Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The seat belt and shoulder harness saved my life but did considerable damage. Neck was bruised and scraped by the harness. Ribs were either bruised or fractured. I had a major hematoma in my right breast that should be gone by the end of June. Left leg hit something as did my right arm. I must have braced myself with my grip on the steering wheel because it was bent way forward even though I didn't hit it. I had to straighten it out before I could move the car.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2016 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Too bad you didn't post before...
You should have bought the Total and swaps engines.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2016 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After you drive the base car for awhile you will be looking for a GT. I drove a base 88 for 12 years, I now have a GT. No comparison.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock