Looking for Ogre's Cave Wombat thread by Kitskaboodle
Started on: 05-24-2016 09:36 PM
Replies: 3 (202 views)
Last post by: theogre on 05-25-2016 12:49 AM
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2016 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All links are dead in Ogre's Cave regarding the SI to CS130 alternator conversion. I need to know which wire on the pigtail (that goes to the alternator) not to use. Dorman/Contact-Tite number of connector is 85854. It's a three wire connector. (red, brown and black) Or....can you link me to "Wombat's" upgrade?
Thanks, Kit

[This message has been edited by Kitskaboodle (edited 05-24-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2016 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://fierocave.shorturl.com/

http://web.archive.org/web/...e.org/alternator.htm

I can't make the wombat link work either.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 05-24-2016).]

Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2016 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I found an old hand-written diagram of the 4 pin connector that plugs in to the back of the CS130 alternator. From your second (Novasource) link, the connector housing is labeled S,F, L & P. S is a thick red wire which goes to the bigger wire from the old SI connector, the F wire, which is black is not used, the L wire, which is brown goes to the thinner wire from the old SI connector and the P wire is missing on most aftermarket CS connectors. This should be the correct wire hook up sequence. The last wire that needs connecting is the red, 8-10 guage wire that connects to the BATT post on the back of the alternator. Don't forget the half round rubber boot when your done.
Any comments? Thanks, Kit
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2016 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Works but seem to take more time and browser can time out.
Plug is common at many local stores.

V6 Need big S and small L wires
See my Cave, CS Alternator
http://web.archive.org/web/...et/~brent1/csalt.htm

Like Comcast dump web pages most other did same and home.coastalnow.net/~brent1/csalt.htm is dead too.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock