Ohio Members?? by x-thumpr-x
Started on: 05-23-2016 09:23 PM
Replies: 12 (208 views)
Last post by: 94blackbird on 05-30-2016 12:51 AM
x-thumpr-x

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2016 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many members we have here who live close by Mansfield, Ohio? I'm heading down there Friday for a Truck/car show called Dropt N Destroyed. Its a two day event at the Ohio Reformatory, hoping the weather holds out this year. Last year someone said Dale2m4 lived close by. Curious if anyone else is around? Maybe travelling to Dayton, Ohio first if we can get a hold of Mike who seems to have "Lots of Fiero Parts in Southwest Ohio"
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2016 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by x-thumpr-x:

How many members we have here who live close by Mansfield, Ohio? I'm heading down there Friday for a Truck/car show called Dropt N Destroyed. Its a two day event at the Ohio Reformatory, hoping the weather holds out this year. Last year someone said Dale2m4 lived close by. Curious if anyone else is around? Maybe travelling to Dayton, Ohio first if we can get a hold of Mike who seems to have "Lots of Fiero Parts in Southwest Ohio"

Hi

I am about an hour away from Mansfield. There are a ton of Fiero people in this area but we are not all that organized anymore.

The prison is a neat place to tour. Watch the movie Shawshank Redemption before you go as the tour takes you to all the places in the movie. I was even the one they closed in the Solitary cell Andy was in. Weather is to be good Friday and Saturday with a slight chance of rain but Sunday 50%.

If you go to Dayton make time for the US Air Force Museum. It is by far the best Air Plane Museum in the world. Where else can you see a B2-F117-F22-SR71-B70-B52-B36-X15-X1 etc even a bunch of Wright Bros stuff and a whole host of other famous planes including the one that nuked Nagasaki. They are just opening a 4th building and you will be able to go on board all the presidential Air Force One Planes. Even the one Kennedy was flown in with his casket as the door is still modified to make it fit.

The airport across town has the solar plane that is on a global flight. It is grounded for repair this week in Dayton.

Too bad there is no race but Mid Ohio is not far from the prison either.

By the way. Do you see many Rumble Pontiac license frames yet. I am looking for one. My Fiero was originally sent to Rumble in Toronto before it was moved to a dealer here in Ohio. I still have the Metric dash less the Speedo. If you know anyone willing to sell one I would be interested. I have never found one on the web.

Buck531

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2016 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Buck531Send a Private Message to Buck531Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm about an hour south of Mansfield in Columbus.
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2016 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

Hi

I am about an hour away from Mansfield. There are a ton of Fiero people in this area but we are not all that organized anymore.

The prison is a neat place to tour. Watch the movie Shawshank Redemption before you go as the tour takes you to all the places in the movie. I was even the one they closed in the Solitary cell Andy was in. Weather is to be good Friday and Saturday with a slight chance of rain but Sunday 50%.

If you go to Dayton make time for the US Air Force Museum. It is by far the best Air Plane Museum in the world. Where else can you see a B2-F117-F22-SR71-B70-B52-B36-X15-X1 etc even a bunch of Wright Bros stuff and a whole host of other famous planes including the one that nuked Nagasaki. They are just opening a 4th building and you will be able to go on board all the presidential Air Force One Planes. Even the one Kennedy was flown in with his casket as the door is still modified to make it fit.

The airport across town has the solar plane that is on a global flight. It is grounded for repair this week in Dayton.

Too bad there is no race but Mid Ohio is not far from the prison either.

By the way. Do you see many Rumble Pontiac license frames yet. I am looking for one. My Fiero was originally sent to Rumble in Toronto before it was moved to a dealer here in Ohio. I still have the Metric dash less the Speedo. If you know anyone willing to sell one I would be interested. I have never found one on the web.

Dam, don't know if I'll have extra time, sure would like to see the museum. Have a picture of my Fiero under a Tomcat before it was painted, like to duplicate it but the show is at the reformatory now. Used to be held at M.A.P.S.

As for Rumble Pontiac License plate frame, I've never seen one myself. Since Pontiac's demise, doubt it will be easy to find one now.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2016 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dam, don't know if I'll have extra time, sure would like to see the museum. Have a picture of my Fiero under a Tomcat before it was painted, like to duplicate it but the show is at the reformatory now. Used to be held at M.A.P.S.

As for Rumble Pontiac License plate frame, I've never seen one myself. Since Pontiac's demise, doubt it will be easy to find one now.

Show at Maps in June just a cruise in. Got my photo with the Tomcat too.

I live about 15 min from there.
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2016 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you go to Dayton make time for the US Air Force Museum.

Dam, don't know if I'll have extra time, sure would like to see the museum.

The museum is great, but it is really too much to see in just one day. I made it through only one of the 4 hangars on my first full day trip...and now they have added a fifth hangar.

BUT...if you come through Dayton, at least stop and have lunch with me. I would love to join you on the trek to see Mike as well.
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2016 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

The museum is great, but it is really too much to see in just one day. I made it through only one of the 4 hangars on my first full day trip...and now they have added a fifth hangar.

BUT...if you come through Dayton, at least stop and have lunch with me. I would love to join you on the trek to see Mike as well.

I haven't heard from Mike, so doesn't look like we will be stopping in Dayton. We are just going to have to wait till the 35th anniversary to meet up again unless you're doing Carlisle this year It's going to be a straight to Mansfield and possibly have a tail with us too now. A friend plans on coming down who is not used to getting up real early but she says he will be at our place by 5am. We will see tomorrow

We will be taking I-90 to I-271 to I-71, no stopping at summit this trip either.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2016 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I haven't heard from Mike, so doesn't look like we will be stopping in Dayton. We are just going to have to wait till the 35th anniversary to meet up again unless you're doing Carlisle this year It's going to be a straight to Mansfield and possibly have a tail with us too now. A friend plans on coming down who is not used to getting up real early but she says he will be at our place by 5am. We will see tomorrow

We will be taking I-90 to I-271 to I-71, no stopping at summit this trip either.

Watch the Ohio State Police they are out in force this weekend. You know 15 over is the death penalty here!

Note too the behind the old prison is the new one and it could become home.

Just left Summit and got my parts for the weekend.

Their big show is at Norwalk at the Summit Raceway Park next week. Drag runs. Cruise in and auto crossing. BIgfoot also will be smashing cars.

Watch were white lines are on the road. The State Troopers are also using planes to time cars. They use Cessna's that are gray so watch for the Bears in the air.

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2016 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Watch the Ohio State Police they are out in force this weekend. You know 15 over is the death penalty here!

Note too the behind the old prison is the new one and it could become home.

Just left Summit and got my parts for the weekend.

Their big show is at Norwalk at the Summit Raceway Park next week. Drag runs. Cruise in and auto crossing. BIgfoot also will be smashing cars.

Watch were white lines are on the road. The State Troopers are also using planes to time cars. They use Cessna's that are gray so watch for the Bears in the air.

In the states I like to obey the law mostly, don't want any hassles and wife is driving the van down behind me.

I noticed last year the new prison behind the old one, looks a lot bigger.

Got plans next week for a couple of local shows in Toronto & London possibly

We've had the "Eye in the sky" for years up here, Durham police use it a lot. I always joke about going over every other line with paint the same shade as the pavement. See the looks on their faces then wondering why everyone is going below the limit.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2016 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In the states I like to obey the law mostly, don't want any hassles and wife is driving the van down behind me.

I noticed last year the new prison behind the old one, looks a lot bigger.

Got plans next week for a couple of local shows in Toronto & London possibly

We've had the "Eye in the sky" for years up here, Durham police use it a lot. I always joke about going over every other line with paint the same shade as the pavement. See the looks on their faces then wondering why everyone is going below the limit.

The weather will have some showers but most of the days should be dry. We may get some passing thunderstorms of veering degrees depending on the time of day. It is getting warmer here so the storms could be strong.

Have a good weekend. We will be racing a Soap Box Derby car at Derby Downs in Akron. I hope we are competitive. We have done nothing till our last race and we got a 4th.
94blackbird

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2016 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 94blackbirdSend a Private Message to 94blackbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't see this till just now, I live an hour east of Cleveland.
PFF
System Bot
wd8ivl

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2016 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wd8ivlSend a Private Message to wd8ivlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live 45 minutes east of Cleveland!
94blackbird

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2016 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 94blackbirdSend a Private Message to 94blackbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wd8ivl:

I live 45 minutes east of Cleveland!

I'm in Painesville just off rte 44.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock