Getrag Leak and Fill Issues... by Notalented
Started on: 05-18-2016 09:43 PM
Replies: 2 (203 views)
Last post by: Notalented on 05-23-2016 09:41 AM
Notalented

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2016 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotalentedSend a Private Message to NotalentedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm having a small bit of trouble removing the transaxle fill / dipstick of an 88 with a getrag 282. I tryed removing it when I discovered what I assume is an outter axle seal leak. Anyone have any advice on the dipstick and if the (drives side) axle or cv seal is outside the transaxle.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2016 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
grab the axle close to the transmission and push-pull. If the axle wiggles more than about 1/4", the bearings are bad and need replacement. A new seal won't stop the fluid. That little dipstick has to come out somehow...Make sure you flip the top up.
Notalented

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2016 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotalentedSend a Private Message to NotalentedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car had been sitting for 10 or more years. I was finally able to get the little guy out. The oil wasnt as low as I thought it would be. Okay, I'll lift it up and try that and see what condition the bearings are in.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock