Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fiero Fiberglass' Rear Hips -Has anyone tried it on their stock Fiero GTs? Any pics?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fiero Fiberglass' Rear Hips -Has anyone tried it on their stock Fiero GTs? Any pics? by Fiero Vice
Started on: 05-09-2016 04:09 PM
Replies: 5 (587 views)
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 05-10-2016 09:09 PM
Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2016 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I came across Fiero Fiberglass' Rear Hips product & think it has some potential to show curves in rear without the expense of wide wheels & tires. Has anyone tried it? There are two pictures from the website on an uncompleted stock GT. If you had it done on a stock GT, please show pictures of your Fiero. Thanks.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2016 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2016 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

look here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/092359.html

Yeah, I've seen this thread the other day. I noticed people use it often for chop top to make it look wider. But I wanted to see how it looks for non-chopped GT. I guess not much difference.
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2016 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fiero Vice:

Yeah, I've seen this thread the other day. I noticed people use it often for chop top to make it look wider. But I wanted to see how it looks for non-chopped GT. I guess not much difference.

They were originally designed for the choptop on a choptop and have to be modified to fit a regular roof car a bit but nothing to serious I would rate the install a 9 out of 10 difficulty due to the splicing in the rear clip to make it strong. Key is using the right bonding adhesive 8115 3m and the right smc resin for the fiberglass. the ones in the video and build on Johns car I modified a bunch besides the fact especially around the gas door area as the way it was originally designed did not allow you to open the gas cap very well. As matter of fact I just spent the last 2 hours fine tuning that area now that it is painted so it all works right and the popper still operates the way it was from the factory. If I had to do it ever again I would change how the door top is put together and make it not lay on top of the belt line channel but rather cut it flush fit and bond it from behind and redo the belt line area so its more crisp. right now as it is it will look normal but I would like the transition to be deeper a bit with the molding.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 05-10-2016).]

Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-10-2016 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jetsnvettes2000, thanks for the info. Yeah, I can see how much work it takes. I've seen your pic of gas cap where there's a gap at the top by the shelve line. Looks like you've done a good job!

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 05-10-2016).]

jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2016 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that area needed extensive reworking even after paint I just had to modify the inside bits more last night as the gas cap was getting stuck way down in there. Now it seems to be ok tho and the popper is working great too.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 05-10-2016).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock