Started on: 04-27-2016 01:08 AM
Replies: 18 (543 views)
Last post by: trivet on 05-04-2016 10:08 AM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I recently had a week off, I dropped off my son and picked him up from school. Turns out he totally was thrilled because the drop offs/picks up were in the Fiero. Heh hearing that out made my day...

Turns out, one of his teacher's dads had a Fiero, and his other had an MR2. Had a lot of the kids asking me what kind of car it was, it was nice to see kids actually notice at all...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And that fuels another generation. Awesome.

------------------

Fiero 88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice. I have noticed a lot more looks from kids and teens while driving mine around. Seems older adults just remember it as that weird little 2 seater GM made that wasn't a Corvette and pay no attention.
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2016 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fieros are becoming cool again! I run into many people my age. Early 20's. And they're like dude! You have a Fiero!? I always wanted one!! The only people who make jokes about the Fires, or crashes are like 40-50. It's cool kids my age dig it )

------------------
1987 Fiero GTX 3800 Turbo... My Build, ST3 Cam, Lowered, Wheels, and pics enjoy!//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2016 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IanT720:

Fieros are becoming cool again! I run into many people my age. Early 20's. And they're like dude! You have a Fiero!?
I always wanted one!! The only people who make jokes about the Fires, or crashes are like 40-50. It's cool kids my age dig it )

That fact that we're still driving them proves that they didn't "all burn up"

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2016 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great story and thanks for sharing!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2016 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet!
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2016 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

LOL!! THAT is the perfect come back for the idiotic comment heard most.

Though to be honest, I get MANY more compliments, waves, and "thumbs-up" than I do "didn't those all burn up?" comments. But I'm actually looking forward to the next one now.....

------------------
Tim
'87 GT
Med Red Metallic
85K miles
Bay City, MI

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2016 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trivet:

LOL!! THAT is the perfect come back for the idiotic comment heard most.

Though to be honest, I get MANY more compliments, waves, and "thumbs-up" than I do "didn't those all burn up?" comments.
But I'm actually looking forward to the next one now.....

Sometimes I'll add "Pontiac built almost 400,000. NHTSA had reports of 148 fires.”
http://articles.latimes.com...ros-oil-system-nhtsa

Mytime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2016 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MytimeSend a Private Message to MytimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My son is 20 now. He never understood why I liked my car so much. He now drives a yellow 88 Formula 5 speed and loves it. He can't believe how many people come to him to talk about the car. He says he's gonna drive it forever!!
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2016 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sometimes I'll add "Pontiac built almost 400,000. NHTSA had reports of 148 fires.”
http://articles.latimes.com...ros-oil-system-nhtsa

FORD had a more serious problem - and burning down houses along with it.
https://www.cozen.com/admin...or_Vehicle_Fires.pdf

Click on YouTube logo in bottom of screen for video info...

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 05-02-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2016 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mytime:

My son is 20 now. He never understood why I liked my car so much. He now drives a yellow 88 Formula 5 speed and loves it. He can't believe how many people come to him to talk about the car. He says he's gonna drive it forever!!

Similar story...with my Daughter ...she is now 23 and drives a modified 87GT.

Her Fiero is the silver one with gold rims.
FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2016 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When people say that I usually reply with "yeah mine caught fire twice today". That usually shuts them down.

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

Fier-oh41229

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2016 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fier-oh41229Send a Private Message to Fier-oh41229Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I drive my 88 formula to high school pretty much every day. There's not one person who doesn't turn their head. Probably cause it's so loud but I like to think its cause it's realy cool haha
rednotdead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2016 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rednotdeadSend a Private Message to rednotdeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive generally found that the Fiero is not a head turner (with the except of small children, for some reason - must be the hidden headlights which are becoming a bit rare these days). I haven't been around that long myself, but its obvious that at some point this car became something of a lightening-rod for unwarranted disdain, among people who remember it. That's fine by me, for some reason I gravitate towards the things people judge unfairly.

My dad thinks its kind of cool though - but he's weird too.
Fier-oh41229

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2016 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fier-oh41229Send a Private Message to Fier-oh41229Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kids love my fiero. Little kids always point at it. Adults always say "why would you drive that piece of junk!?" But then they see it in person and say "oh that's actually pretty cool" this has happened multiple times lol
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2016 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always add each of my custom Fiero badges for each of my Fieros...since I have to order them in sheets of 10...I always have plenty of extras...so I started adding one of each on the cover of my work laptop.

I was at a training event for an entire week with a bunch of my company and a few people commented on the badges and kinda of poked fun of why in the world I would Pontiac Fiero badges on my laptop...someone actually went to say...aren't they like a pinto...trying to be funny! It kinda was the on going joke for the week. So I thought I would educate them about the History of the Pontiac Fiero. I created and delivered a 20 minute presentation. It was a great power point...Highlight the history, the truth about the fires (very few compared the amount produced...unlike many other vehicles that had fire issues over the years). I also highlighted how the gas tank was actually in safer place then most vehicles. I then went on to say that its truely one of the only actual mass produced sports car ever produced to date from a US based car company...A TRUE SPORTS has a mid-engine cradle setup! I know the Vette next year will FINALLY have it right...but wasn't so at the time. (On a side note...who ever designed the new mid-engine Vette's body spent a decent amount of time on this forum...The new mid-engine Vette sure looks a lot like a photo-shopped concept re-body Fiero designed by a member here over 5 years ago). I also mention how Pontiac wanted to put the 3800-SC (L67) into the Fiero, but GM said "NO WAY"...something about killing the Corvette on the track. But continued to explain how many of us have swapped a lot of different engines into the Fiero: V8s (thanks to Archie), 3800-SC, and 3.4 Turbo charged...just to list a few.

I then went onto about how the MERA came into being and was sold..which launched the next KIT car craze (Concept Cars). I showed them several of the best conversions over the years: DNR's Countach 5000, Dino, Testarossa, F355, 308s, 328s and also highlighted a few of the more amazing custom builds & my own from the forum...lots of pretty pictures.

Well by the end of my presentation...everyone got why a Fiero!

Its a few years later since that week and 3 people that were in were in that presentation also now own Fieros!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 05-03-2016).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for sharing that, TXOPIE
trivet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Thanks for sharing that, TXOPIE

x2 (and +1)

Damn - that looks like algebra. (hopefully you know what I meant)

------------------
Tim
'87 GT
Med Red Metallic
85K miles
Bay City, MI

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors